Notices

Merc 1700

Old 12-14-2012, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The second Gasse boat is/was Bob Bull's canopy boat. I remember one of the announcers on the Key West livestream Sunday said, they chose to use the shaft drive boat. So that would be the that one.... technically making them both race but who's counting.
Old 12-25-2012, 12:29 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran across the mercury blog touting how awesome the 1350 boats did at loto.(I 've read it multiple times but today it was irritating) If some of these motors are 1700's that's pretty low of mercury to claim that their 1350's ran so fast. Makes you wonder if any of the stuff they write in that blog is true. I may not be in the market for a 1350 so who cares what I think, but I might be in the market for a 565. maybe all the 565's boats have been tuned up too look good at the launch too? Why put out info that you know not to be true? its one thing if a guy turns his 1350 up, its another if he is factory testing and they put info on there website knowing its false info.
Old 12-25-2012, 07:47 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by professor_speed
I ran across the mercury blog touting how awesome the 1350 boats did at loto.(I 've read it multiple times but today it was irritating) If some of these motors are 1700's that's pretty low of mercury to claim that their 1350's ran so fast. Makes you wonder if any of the stuff they write in that blog is true. I may not be in the market for a 1350 so who cares what I think, but I might be in the market for a 565. maybe all the 565's boats have been tuned up too look good at the launch too? Why put out info that you know not to be true? its one thing if a guy turns his 1350 up, its another if he is factory testing and they put info on there website knowing its false info.
You are right on the money. I agree.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:37 AM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

The Outerlimits in Mercs blog from LOTO all had stock untouched Mercury packages. From the 1350 52 to the 565 29 they were all stock and under warranty.
Old 12-25-2012, 11:50 AM
Banned

I agree also, mercury and the boat owners claimed 1350's
Old 12-25-2012, 12:03 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

That's good to hear the OL boats were moving, Its also Crappy that the info needs to be cleared up. Why not just say 4VQC family in the MTI`s and not specify 1350? I would be a little irritated if I were builder a dealer for mercury, If MTI was only builder running the 1700's it makes everyone else's hull look slow by comparison, especially when they are reported as 1350s

Last edited by professor_speed; 12-25-2012 at 12:12 PM.