Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
So the wife and I are working on our bills when I say....... >

So the wife and I are working on our bills when I say.......

Notices

So the wife and I are working on our bills when I say.......

Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts

When the wife or girlfriend agrees,jump on the moment,a 35 sonic or 38 would fit your and her needs,lots of room in those cabins.....
Old 12-11-2012, 08:52 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by Twin O/B Sonic
Either I or her legal representation will report back w/the results.
lol . . . now thats some funny schit right there
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-11-2012, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Being in Pittsburgh we spend more time lounging and overnighting on the boat than going wot. That is why I looked for something that had good amenities. I am very happy with my 36 Outlaw. It has good speed but is great for hanging out on. I'm sure you will be able to find a compromise go fast, whether is another sonic or something else. Good luck
Old 12-11-2012, 09:50 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

We got into a 40' Sea Ray Express with twin Cat 3208 diesels a few years ago...loved it. Paid cash for it...no payments...except: $750/month slip rental, $3500/year "Blister Tax" (haul it, paint the bottom, renew the zincs, service the rudders, props, struts and shafts), plus about $350~$500 fuel charge for a run to the Keys or to Freeport.

So I finally figured out that it cost $12K~ $13K just to own it whether I used it or not. That brought me back to my trailer boat state of mind. I'll have less than $25K in this Formula when I'm done and I can go any where within reason....and stay in a hotel!!!

But...hey...go for it!!! Everybody has to do it sooner or later!!!
Old 12-11-2012, 09:52 AM
Registered

Man I saw a 30-something Superboat a couple months ago with twin 300x... that was a sexy bastard. Keep an eye out?
Old 12-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Ad for same boat in Miami just before it's new wrap and being listed for sale in Orlando by what looks like an auto shop. Something fishy going on. Like couldn't sell it in Miami like they though so lets try Orlando??

http://miami.craigslist.org/mdc/boa/3385112493.html

And yeah Chevelle, I'd guess late '80's. I posted this on S/F and here on the multi O/B thread. Advertising the thing as a '2002...... though, wow.
Someone is going to get screwed or that dealer owned.
Doubt it will sell on e-bay so watch the price drop more. One of the ad says only 250 hrs on the motors. Being from Miami it's probably closer to 2500 hrs.
If you look close at the pix's, it clearly looks like a flip. New interior, paint, wrap but speaker covers missing, hatch brackets broken etc, etc.
Buyer beware.
Lot of boat for the $$ if it is solid though, especially considering the trailer, and some new stuff. Gonna be thirsty with those motors though.
Old 12-11-2012, 11:21 AM
Registered

Twin- dont know what your budget or length maximum is, but if you get one of the 31-36' Sonics with the tall deck (they have various model names SE etc.) the cabin is pretty roomy.
Old 12-11-2012, 12:32 PM
Registered

Received 1,834 Likes on 717 Posts

Thanks for all the input guys. Was intended as a joke but who knows.

Here's a boat for sale, identical to what I sold to buy my first 24' Sonic. Same condition too. I did that soon after doing the same math as Sprink did.
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/19...idge-101814564
Closest I could come to the perfect cruiser for what I could afford and loved it. Check out the bench seat across the front of the bow. Was my favorite place. Welded aluminum plate, near zero maintenance and great on gas.
Bought it for $38K and sold it two yrs later for $40K w/o spending a dime on it.

Here's the marina I've been talking about too.
http://www.harbortownmarina.com/
An hr north of us for about $350. per mnth plus elec.
It is on what we call the barge canal which runs (east and west) between the Indian (the Intracoastal) and Banana River and then dumps into the Port Canaveral Canal where you're 2 mls from the Atlantic.
As far as boating options....., what else could you want?
TONS to do on Cocoa Beach which 5 mins away etc, etc.
When I had my old cruiser I had it stocked like a cottage so all I took was a duffel bag w/clothes each weekend. Where we are now, that means, put the top down on the wifes Saab and up A1A on the barrier islands every Friday to the boat.

Sprink, when I had my epiphany I was sitting on the back deck of the cruiser doing the math. Friend docked beside me told me I was making a huge mistake and that I would sell the boats soon as I saw what it cost me. He was right but.........., that was also in Ohio

We'll see. Long ways away from doing anything but my Sonic will never be worth more than it is right now and the stuff for sale and the prices........, yikes!
Another cool thing about the cruiser deal is that you still have a cottage if you don't want to buy gas.
Almost forgot the dinghy too. Where that marina is a 9' dinghy w/a 15 would be an absolute blast. Built this one up north and towed it with me EVERYWHERE.

Thanks again guys.

Last edited by Twin O/B Sonic; 12-11-2012 at 12:37 PM.
Old 12-11-2012, 03:49 PM
Registered

Doesn't fountain make a ugly azz raised deck cabin cruiser type creation???
That would work !!!
Old 12-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

"honey with what we're saving we could afford a payment on something". Amazingly, she agrees!
Then I say, (being the smart ass that I am) "like for a boat" to which she also agrees

The rub is she wants a cabin cruiser and pretty sure that's what she's thinking. Some times I'm not as smart as I think I am

She doesn't know that for Christmas she's getting a 12 volt blow dryer and curling iron for on the 24' Sonic. We'll see how that goes over.
Either I or her legal representation will report back w/the results.
my buddy bought his wife a snow blower lol..dont think that one would go over so well in fl ..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.