Notices

Svl 2013

Old 12-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Air Time good luck and hope it all comes together for you.
Old 12-17-2012, 05:37 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

All this bull$hit is why SVL sucks!
Old 12-17-2012, 05:39 AM
Registered

My boat is for sale! Can't deal with this $hit any more. Time for a change.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:29 AM
Registered

Everyone had the same rules. Now you guys want to change the rules between several sanctioning bodies. again. This is only going to divide the group and you will have less boats per group. Why not take a (stock) 502 make everyone run same cam, heads intake and same fuel injection. make it a 500 hp motor with rev at 5200. make it simple and relatively cheap. I am sure MSD and holly make it so you can police the stuff if you dont like merc. Who cares who makes it as long as you all are the same. period.Stop trying to make more HP and rev higher.

Why did BOB Teague not come to the world this year? He builds his own motors.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:34 AM
Registered

Teague didnt race because SBl doesnt offer SCL any longer, but he was there looking at the new SuperBoat class, and said he was lnterested for next yr. l know Bob and JC spoke about lt for a while and Bob seemed like he liked what he seen, same as a lot of other.

Not sure but what does teague have to do wth SVL ??
Old 12-17-2012, 07:39 AM
Registered

Just so lts clear there are no changes being made to the SBl SVL rules. We are talking about a few different solutions for motors period. There was some talk ln KW about a few dfferent thing wth some of the teams.

SBl SVL welcome all SVL boat new and Old , we are excited that there are teams working with some builders and showing lnterest ln the class.

One last note so lt clear also,the racers voted on the rules last conferance call we had there was 8 teams on the line so l guess its what the racers wanted. l know all the non racers on here want to make the rule and what easy or not, but the SBl racers are not complaining so not sure what the problem is. lf there ls a motor change lt will be what the racers want not SBl, so if anything changes it will be what the class wants, every registered team gets a vote.

Last edited by Xtremeracing; 12-17-2012 at 07:53 AM.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:45 AM
Registered

I was curious as to why when SBI got rid of SCL he didnt change motor. Looks like SBI is trying to do the same with SVL. Get rid of merc and use what ya brung.

It doesnt matter to me who you use as far as motors. However, there sure seems to be a dislike towards merc. I have a brand new svl bottom. Never hit the water. I just wont waste my time or money until you guys fig it out and get a grip on the rules.
Old 12-17-2012, 07:57 AM
Registered

The main reason is the SCL class bottom were gone 2 boats ln a class lsnt good for the sport and again lts what the racers wanted. The motor thng was voted on by the class so maybe one of the SB guys can answer that but l can tell you the main reason l was told was affordablity
Old 12-17-2012, 08:24 AM
Registered

Warlock seems like u have a lot of question about the SBl rules, are you planing to race ths yr?
Old 12-17-2012, 08:51 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by bwd
As an variable outsider lookin in I was under the impression that the reason why SVL was growing so well was that there were so many very good boats out there, ex A-boats or some a bit newer that someone could buy, rig or rerig and go racing competively for relatively short money. I would have gone that way myself it it wasn't for wanting a weekend boat as well.
Most of the drivers and owners that I've met are workin guys who come from p classes and various open boats . Are they going to go out and spend that kind of dough ,200k plus as Typhoon says, on a new rig? I wouldn't. How many are out there that would? I know people that are trying to sell brand new boats for what they have in resin costs and not succeeding .
To all you SVL guys, keep doin what your doing cause its fun to watch. If it were me in a 30 svl and I had 6-9 other buddies I ran with deck to deck all the time I would want to keep a mongrle boat out. If that same boat came up with 4 others then start a new class. BTW what happened with the prop dyno thing I remembered hearing about last spring?
Brian
well said!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.