Like Tree0Likes

late 70's Nova 250

Old 12-18-2012, 04:30 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

My Boats: '85 Supreme Sierra

Tom good luck. If she turned out to be solid, you have a pretty nice boat. The lines are more classic and while not as "sleek" as some of the newer hardware, the old Nova's have some good freeboard and lots of room to move around for a 25ft offshore!! Look at the cockpit of a 25ft checkmate and compare it to yours, you'll laugh out loud. Twin stock small blocks are a nice package and those alpha drives will last unless you hammer them out of the hole. Even then they are cheap to replace. If you are a DIY guy, you just scored a nice summer toy!
Old 12-21-2012, 01:00 PM
Registered

My Boats: 1979 Wellcraft Nova 250

Thanks! I'm more excited now then i was 2 days ago. The more i read about the boat the more I am just falling in love with it. It is a 1979 Nova 250 model but was built in '78. It has twin V8 350 Chevys and the revious owner had the 3 blade Cleaver props put on.

I checked out a Checkmate Convincor before i bought my boat and part of the reason i turned it down was the size of the cockpit. But it did seem like a really nice boat!

I talked to a mechanic that said if the transom was rotted then it would be $6,000 to replace correctly. Is he High? or Low? or dead on?

When summer rolls around i will get some pictures posted up, i have some buffing to do and some decals to replace before i can start bragging.

Thanks, Tom
Old 12-23-2012, 10:07 PM
Registered
Trade Score: (3)

My Boats: 22 Avanti, 25 Nova, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree,SBYC

The transom is $500 in materials and a couple weekends of work if you like to get itchy scratchy....