Old 01-04-2013, 05:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Eliminator05
no problems with pro chargers or belts
Thanks for the feed back.
Old 01-05-2013, 05:31 AM

Cool

Does anyone know if you have to throw the ecu, fuel pump and regulator out from vortech like you do with procharger.
I looking for the better out of the box system. Vortech claims you can also keep the stock thermostat for the cool fuel, procharger you have to change it.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:19 AM
Registered

"Does anyone know if you have to throw the ecu, fuel pump and regulator out from vortech like you do with procharger.
I looking for the better out of the box system. Vortech claims you can also keep the stock thermostat for the cool fuel, procharger you have to change it."

You first have to have some sort of idea on what power its going to make.... from there, you base the injector size, fuel pump, lines, reg, off that power number. Then find someone (that knows what there are doing and stands behind their work) that can tune the MEFI system....... or get a FAST XFI or BigStuff3 system and have that tuned

Thats doing it the correct way

Last edited by Aric@Injected; 01-05-2013 at 10:26 AM. Reason: forgot the quote
Old 01-05-2013, 08:39 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 814 Likes on 373 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawfun
Does anyone know if you have to throw the ecu, fuel pump and regulator out from vortech like you do with procharger.
I looking for the better out of the box system. Vortech claims you can also keep the stock thermostat for the cool fuel, procharger you have to change it.
It doesn't matter whether Vortecs or Prochargers head unit is pumping your air into the motor, when you get rid of the thermostat and run the motor around 100 degrees vs 140 you are able to run more timing and more boost and subsequently make MORE hp from same cu inches and octane so this is a GOOD thing. As far as "throwing away" Prochargers ECU, never heard that they supplied a ecu?? The best way and ONLY way to have a well tuned efi suprchargerd motor is to have it tuned on your actual motor, this can be done on the water but it needs to be done, Smitty
Old 01-06-2013, 06:48 AM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 22 Posts

I used the stock procharger M-3 set up on a 25 Eliminator Eagle except that I ran the fuel return from the rails back to the fuel tank instead of it returning right in front of the Aeromotive fuel pump.
My conclusion:
I liked the procharger feel of power and became a fan of the centrifugals.
I had a light boat and I can tell you that if you look at people's posts, it is those that have heavy boats who break the bravos. People with light boats seem to be able to get away with it.
The way of increasing the fuel to the engine with the boost sensitive fuel pressure regulator on the stock ECM is not the right way to do it. I think that the lighter your boat the less this makes a difference. Like was mentioned before in some good posts you absolutely need a custom ecm tune. You will need a bung in the exhaust for the sensor while tuning. I'm not saying that the stock system won't work because it did for me, but it would be money well spent to have the ECM custom tuned then you can forget about reading plugs and know that the A/F ratio is right in all RPM/Load ranges.
Internally new cometic head gaskets, and valve train upgrade is the right thing to do.
Mounting the intercooler is typically a big compromise in esthetics.
The stock oil cooler is marginal on the HP level you will be at.
Hydraulic steering is a must.
Up grading your guage package to include fuel pressure and water pressure is a must.
If you do it right it will be a nice package. If you don't you have to depend on luck.
Old 01-06-2013, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Eliminator05
I have been running M4 Pro Chargers on my 2006 33 Eliminator Daytona with twin fuel injected 1000 hp motors, Imco SCT drives with 6 blade 35p props for 6 yrs. Sheared off a few prop shafts over the years but they hold up pretty well. 125 hrs on motors and drives.
Your system has to be one of the nicest set ups I have seen for a pro charger. Although the gimbals could be the weak link on Lake Michigan. See you this summer.
Old 01-06-2013, 12:53 PM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm on my second boat with Prochargers, M-4's 1100+ hp, no problems. I don't know where the story of them being hard on drives came from, my Baja had XZ never blew one. I like the way the power comes on.
Attached Thumbnails Procharger users-awe_mtr_01.jpg   Procharger users-awe_mtr_02.jpg  
Old 01-06-2013, 02:02 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Smile

Thanks,
Yes, the gimbals are a weak link. Broke one a year back at over 100+ mph,it was not pretty. Drive was only left attached by the tie bar, made for a long day. Schumaker Performance is one of the few engine builders I know that builds a great fuel injected pro charger motor.
Old 01-06-2013, 03:39 PM

I guess i don't understand the ecu part, the vortech comes with a programmed ecu and a map sensor. This replaces the existing ecu correct? If so is it any good?

Thanks

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.