Notices

Procharger users

Old 01-01-2013, 05:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Procharger users

I'm getting ready to overhaul my boat and have been reading some of the other threads on these. my boat is 36' with twin 502mpi. I realize prochargers make great power at 4000 plus RPM but with going up from a 24 pitch prop to a 28 pitch how will that effect lower speeds and will this have a negative impact on my drive trying to spin a larger prop at lower speeds with out the power. How will it be getting on plane with a bigger prop and no power until 4000 RPM. I believe a whipple has power at all RPM's and is better at lower speeds but also has a habbit of blowing up bravo 1's. I'm currently doing 65 at 4800rpm and would like to hit 80. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Old 01-01-2013, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 278 Likes on 97 Posts

I love my prochargers and the only negative is the added hp (whipple, N/A, Procharger, Hardin Marine twin turbo, etc) shortens the life of any bravo based drive. Does not matter how you achieve the power they all break other parts. A stock 502 will also have its life shortened and will need to be upgraded internally. Personally it will prob be a smarter investment to buy a different boat that already goes faster then to upgrade yours, but I understand how its hard to replace your huge cockpit. Once of the features I love about my boat. If you really love your boat you will need to consider a drive upgrade, engine build, and superchargers. All of that will cost more then the boat is worth like it sits, and will add no value. But again, if you personally enjoy it then for sure build it!

It is possible to run prochargers on good condition stock engines with low boost and have fun and prob hit 80 without to many problems.

I feel no "lag" or "lack" of low end power with my prochargers. The engines are always alive and ready to go. Easy to plane, insane midrange, great top end.

Here is my boat. http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/b...utlaw-fun.html
Old 01-02-2013, 05:37 AM

Your right about buying a faster boat but I spend every weekend on the boat with wife and kids and love the space. The 36 is rock solid but to slow for those weekends with my friends. I'm looking at m-3 procharger, new headers, motor refresh in stock form, aeromotive fuel regulator, new fuel lines, 28 pitch props (not sure which ones) , adding hydrolic
steering and a ECU flash from someone. Did I forget anything?

Thanks
Old 01-02-2013, 09:57 AM
Registered

Spare drives and parts and dont forget areomotive fuel pumps and if your going to rebuild the motors I would beef up the internals why you are at it.
Old 01-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Registered

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

I am useing a Vortec system that is also a centrifical supercharger. I have nothing but good things to say about the system for the 502mpi. I would recomend changing the Valve springs and head gaskets if you have any kind of hours of it.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
You will have lots of power to get on plane . Pro Charger's make power all the way through the RPM band not just at 4000 and up . And as stated any increase in power is going to be harder on the outdrive but a little common sense will go a long way in keeping the drives in 1 peace. My advice is do lot's of research , I have run a blow threw M1 @7lbs. for years with no trouble and only broke 1 outdrive .
What kind of base motor do you have and did you beef it up. I've read that the stock 502 is more than able to handle the power.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:36 PM

Originally Posted by tbanzer
I am useing a Vortec system that is also a centrifical supercharger. I have nothing but good things to say about the system for the 502mpi. I would recomend changing the Valve springs and head gaskets if you have any kind of hours of it.
I was interested in the vortech charger but couldn't find anyone who sells them anymore for the 502mpi setup with the ecu program. Vortech doesn't even list it on their site.
Any info would be great, I live in New Hampshire and wouldn't mind going to far for one.
Old 01-02-2013, 05:43 PM
Registered

502/Vortec with TONS of power to get on plane. Gets on plane with less than 2000 rpm with 5 blade.

Bravo drive gets treated very gently.
Old 01-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 53 Likes on 30 Posts

Originally Posted by outlawfun
I was interested in the vortech charger but couldn't find anyone who sells them anymore for the 502mpi setup with the ecu program. Vortech doesn't even list it on their site.
Any info would be great, I live in New Hampshire and wouldn't mind going to far for one.

http://www.vortechmarine.com/
Old 01-02-2013, 08:52 PM
Registered

They work great, but will destroy your drives.... Just sayin, too much torque and power even if you drive them easy. When you get up to the higher RPM's the the HP and Torque come together, somethings going to give.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.