Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2013 LOTO Shootout - Epic Event!! >

2013 LOTO Shootout - Epic Event!!

Notices

2013 LOTO Shootout - Epic Event!!

Old 01-12-2013, 08:21 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Default 2013 LOTO Shootout - Epic Event!!

After reading a post on MidwestBoatParty.com, it occurred to me that the 2013 Shootout could be one for the ages if all the players would come to town. I would like to see the organizers attempt to get this all star field together. If it was announced early enough, I think the payoff would be huge for the lake area. Attendance records would be shattered. Here is a short list I have put together from other posts. Please feel free to add to it to come up with a master wish list. Then, maybe we could encourage the organizers to work on getting this bunch together for a grand finally!!
My opinion, the 2012 Shootout was underwhelming compared to 2011. 2013 could be the best ever if all the big boys show up. Just think about

My Way (208+)
Qatar (200+)
40'MTI with 2200s (????)
Sterling Skater (????)
Marine Concept boat (180+)
M41 from DCB (170+)
Bob Boals(sp?) MTI (180+)

An important piece would be to run them consecutively as a grand finally after the "other" boats get done. It would be epic!!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:23 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Orthobam
After reading a post on MidwestBoatParty.com, it occurred to me that the 2013 Shootout could be one for the ages if all the players would come to town. I would like to see the organizers attempt to get this all star field together. If it was announced early enough, I think the payoff would be huge for the lake area. Attendance records would be shattered. Here is a short list I have put together from other posts. Please feel free to add to it to come up with a master wish list. Then, maybe we could encourage the organizers to work on getting this bunch together for a grand finally!!
My opinion, the 2012 Shootout was underwhelming compared to 2011. 2013 could be the best ever if all the big boys show up. Just think about

My Way (208+)
Qatar (200+)
40'MTI with 2200s (????)
Sterling Skater (????)
Marine Concept boat (180+)
M41 from DCB (170+)
Bob Boals(sp?) MTI (180+)

An important piece would be to run them consecutively as a grand finally after the "other" boats get done. It would be epic!!!!
Agreed 100%. Don't forget Phenomenon and Aqua-Mania!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:26 AM
Registered

Miss Geico?
Old 01-12-2013, 08:30 AM
Registered

Received 421 Likes on 175 Posts

With it being the 25th Anniversary of the Shootout, I think that the entire week will be a great time. I have heard rumor that they may be considering running the Shootout on Friday/Saturday to allow for Sunday to be a travel day back home (like I say, just a rumor). Maybe a Wednesday Street Party, Thursday Poker Run, and then a Friday/Saturday Shootout with blowout parties Saturday night!

I'd suggest that they have a "no wait" policy for any boat over 180mph. When they are ready to go, they go right to the front of the line instead of waiting. More passes, more fine tuning, better show!
Old 01-12-2013, 08:38 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by 36Tango

I'd suggest that they have a "no wait" policy for any boat over 180mph. When they are ready to go, they go right to the front of the line instead of waiting. More passes, more fine tuning, better show!

Agree 100%

Even 150 or 160mph+ boats. Leave them all towards the end and have them run consecutively each one trying to break the other ones speed. Then you will see these guys push their boats to the limits!!!
Old 01-12-2013, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Already looked into the hotel last night lol.

Question though. For someone like me brining up no boat. Is it hard to get a ride or rent even just a pontoon for the weekend?

First time going but dont want to miss the fun on the water.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:05 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Already looked into the hotel last night lol.

Question though. For someone like me brining up no boat. Is it hard to get a ride or rent even just a pontoon for the weekend?

First time going but dont want to miss the fun on the water.

Rented pontoon and LOTO = disaster.

If I were coming from out of town, I would stay near Capt. Ron's and drive to the event. They have a pontoon shuttle out to one of the big multi passenger cruiser boats. I think they charged $30 last year. Beer was $8 at Cpt Rons and like $4 on the boat. I think the big boat has a viewing deck, A/C down below, and bathroom. The pontoons shuttle people constantly back and forth if you wanted to go back to the docks. Unless you know someone with a (big) boat, it is the only way I would do it.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Agree 100%

Even 150 or 160mph+ boats. Leave them all towards the end and have them run consecutively each one trying to break the other ones speed. Then you will see these guys push their boats to the limits!!!
If you are familiar with the runs, they normally do big boat passes pretty early on Saturday so they have time to change up their setup for a later pass (or 2). I do like the idea tho to kind of let the big guns go with a little more flexibility as it def is tougher to get them prepared, idling is a beotch, etc. should be great tho and I hope no one counts out the boat guys like Greg Olsen (even tho he is supposedly retired) that have the means to see 200 mph as well. I know Don Onken was mentioned in the ranks as well as several other Mti, Skater pleasure boats with hp in excess of 3200 hp. Should be great!
Old 01-12-2013, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Rented pontoon and LOTO = disaster.

If I were coming from out of town, I would stay near Capt. Ron's and drive to the event. They have a pontoon shuttle out to one of the big multi passenger cruiser boats. I think they charged $30 last year. Beer was $8 at Cpt Rons and like $4 on the boat. I think the big boat has a viewing deck, A/C down below, and bathroom. The pontoons shuttle people constantly back and forth if you wanted to go back to the docks. Unless you know someone with a (big) boat, it is the only way I would do it.
Thanks.

We are most likely staying here

http://Camden-On-The-Lake-Ozark.h-re...FQKf7QodskAA2Q

I would love to chip in on gas and grab a ride but too early to figure that yet. I didn't know they had a large boat with shuttles and drinks. That would be an ok option if I cant get a lift.

Sounds much better than a pontoon lol.
Old 01-12-2013, 10:31 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Nate5.0
Thanks.

We are most likely staying here

http://Camden-On-The-Lake-Ozark.h-re...FQKf7QodskAA2Q

I would love to chip in on gas and grab a ride but too early to figure that yet. I didn't know they had a large boat with shuttles and drinks. That would be an ok option if I cant get a lift.

Sounds much better than a pontoon lol.
There will be a lot of action there. Supercat fest starts there and it's just across the channel from me. Unless I'm broke down, I know one boat you will be sick of seeing running up and down the lake

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.