A picture says a thousand words... LOL >

A picture says a thousand words... LOL

Notices

A picture says a thousand words... LOL

Old 02-22-2013, 12:17 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RiverDave
I'm sorry guys.. I'm having a hard time hearing your posts over this.. Maybe you could type larger or something?

RD
obviously you are not capable of rational thought
Old 02-22-2013, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
You must have missed this one Dave...RiverDave...are we really taking offshore advice from a guy who calls himself RiverDave?
Maybe...ya know....River advice....which is where a podded cat is a great boat...

Theres a reason Talon took the ceneter pod out of their race boats.
OH SNAP!! I HAVE A TAYLON WITH ONE OF THOSE CENTER POD THINGYS!!! GET THE CHIT SLINGIN STARTED! TWO MORE HOURS TO HAPPY HOUR! CAN YOU HEAR ME RD!G.........

Last edited by bulletbob; 02-22-2013 at 12:26 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:23 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by bulletbob
OH SNAP!! I HAVE A TAYLON WITH ONE OF THOSE CENTER POD THINGYS!!! GET THE CHIT SLINGIN STARTED! TWO MORE HOURS TO HAPPY HOUR! CAN YOU HEAR ME RD!G.........
Talon's run great with the pods, they were just better ocean boats with out them.
Enjoy yours, I drooled over it on SnF for a long time!
Old 02-22-2013, 01:42 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin
really jim?
Good catch.
Old 02-22-2013, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by fast fun 2
You must have missed this one Dave...RiverDave...are we really taking offshore advice from a guy who calls himself RiverDave?
Maybe...ya know....River advice....which is where a podded cat is a great boat...

Theres a reason Talon took the ceneter pod out of their race boats.
Didn't know I was giving out any advice right now.. Just busting a few chops and having some fun with the OSO boyz..

Originally Posted by pstorti
obviously you are not capable of rational thought
I can rent you a sense of humor if you're in need..

RD
Old 02-22-2013, 04:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My point of the post was to say.. A few months back people were saying "DCB can't do this can't do that, we will see if they even come to miami." Then it was "If they come to Miami they'll never stack up against the other mfg's, the true tunnels etc.." "They won't run that boat in the salt or the ocean"

I just thought it was funny that there it is in the ocean / salt.. Waaaaaaayyyyy out in front of everyone else, and when the picture is posted the response is..

"Let's see them keep up with a Skater in 5's."

Reality is, while you can probably do it, most recreational boaters wait for a better day when it's 5's out.

Now it's "Well they have to run this other poker run... "

They came to Miami, they had fun in the poker run like everyone else. The boat ran *****en.. How much longer can "some people" on OSO keep touting that the boat won't work for east coast use? It apparently does work, and on that day worked as well or better then anything else?

RD
Old 02-22-2013, 04:32 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

I understand your point, personally I think Poker Runs in general are a waste when it comes to testing a new product. RnD should be done on the race course...not only is there a helli with trained divers there to save you if it goes wrong, but wanna show your new hull works? Win a race. Dont pass some guy in a Poker Run. Im sure its a great poker run boat. But with a Pod, it wouldnt be a great race boat in big water. I cant yhink of a boat that isnt a great poker run boat...if its too rough...slow down! No shame, you could still win the whole event. Slowing down and winning in a real race isnt an option
Sure is gorgeous though

Last edited by TeamSaris; 02-22-2013 at 04:41 PM.
Old 02-22-2013, 04:37 PM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

I dunno . . . kind looks like in the pic maybe they were sitting off to the left there and jumped in for a photo op . . . Reggis style . . . . . (just bustin on ya)
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 02-22-2013, 05:05 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Originally Posted by RiverDave
I'm sorry guys.. I'm having a hard time hearing your posts over this.. Maybe you could type larger or something?

RD

Well it could one of 2 explanations :

1. The "other" boats had backseat passengers and were limited to 110 mph (new FPC rules)

2. DCB paid the "Over 125 mph" safety fee and the other boats boycotted by only running 59 mph and avoided the fee.....
Old 02-22-2013, 05:26 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

By the way, they'll build you one with out the pod if that's what the customer desires. DCB is after all a "Custom" boat manufacturer. Whatever you want, they'll build it....custom.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.