Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
A picture says a thousand words... LOL >

A picture says a thousand words... LOL

Notices

A picture says a thousand words... LOL

Old 02-23-2013, 02:01 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While I too think that the M-41 is probably the best executed performance cat on the market right now as far as aesthetic design and the details of the rigging, the rough water and pods argument comes down to physics.

The M-41 with or without the pod has a very shallow tunnel depth compared to a Skater or Mystic or other large cat with an offshore racing lineage. This shallow tunnel depth means that the boat simply cannot maintain its speed in rough water like the boats with deeper tunnels, that is down to the fact that the tunnel will impact the water after a much smaller vertical displacement than a boat with a deep tunnel. The impacts cause a harsher ride and thus require the driver to slow down, it is that simple and really is not a point that can be contested.

A shallow tunnel depth does not mean that the M-41 is any less of a great boat, just a boat that simply cannot be used in rough conditions. Do I feel that this is a detriment to DCB? Not really, right now I would say that they have the best executed Cat in the industry in an area that really matters to most owners of uber-dollar cats, looks and quality. DCB is also really the only Cat builder that spends any money to market its product and expand its brand recognition which in the real world means just as much as being able to take the boat to Key West and beat everyone.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:05 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by MIskier
While I too think that the M-41 is probably the best executed performance cat on the market right now as far as aesthetic design and the details of the rigging, the rough water and pods argument comes down to physics.

The M-41 with or without the pod has a very shallow tunnel depth compared to a Skater or Mystic or other large cat with an offshore racing lineage. This shallow tunnel depth means that the boat simply cannot maintain its speed in rough water like the boats with deeper tunnels, that is down to the fact that the tunnel will impact the water after a much smaller vertical displacement than a boat with a deep tunnel. The impacts cause a harsher ride and thus require the driver to slow down, it is that simple and really is not a point that can be contested.

A shallow tunnel depth does not mean that the M-41 is any less of a great boat, just a boat that simply cannot be used in rough conditions. Do I feel that this is a detriment to DCB? Not really, right now I would say that they have the best executed Cat in the industry in an area that really matters to most owners of uber-dollar cats, looks and quality. DCB is also really the only Cat builder that spends any money to market its product and expand its brand recognition which in the real world means just as much as being able to take the boat to Key West and beat everyone.

I don't think he beat everyone, heard he ran into Pure Platinum and it didn't work out so well. They didn't go to KW just Islamorada, FL. The M41 is a beautiful boat.
Old 02-23-2013, 07:43 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
I don't think he beat everyone, heard he ran into Pure Platinum and it didn't work out so well. They didn't go to KW just Islamorada, FL. The M41 is a beautiful boat.
Uh oh
Old 02-23-2013, 07:53 PM
Registered

Default Best Cat

Think they (DCB) just won the Best Cat award given by FPC.
http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fb...type=1&theater
Old 02-23-2013, 07:56 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Funny, both Pure Platinum and the DCB were docked side by side this morning. I heard Pure Platinums new engines running. They are off the chart. You might just see a 200 mph Skater!
Old 02-23-2013, 07:59 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by Double Rigged
Funny, both Pure Platinum and the DCB were docked side by side this morning. I heard Pure Platinums new engines running. They are off the chart. You might just see a 200 mph Skater!
Romers 388 had 200 covered very easily!!
Old 02-24-2013, 02:59 AM
Registered

Cool

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Romers 388 had 200 covered very easily!!
I went 186 in Romer's Skater and it wasn't even breaking a sweat.. Still the badder boat I've ever ridden in.

RD
Old 02-24-2013, 03:07 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

Originally Posted by glassdave
I dunno . . . kind looks like in the pic maybe they were sitting off to the left there and jumped in for a photo op . . . Reggis style . . . . . (just bustin on ya)
yeppers,,look at the pic,,look at the tracks behind the dcb,,their would be a s mark in the water before the bouey's if he was leading the other boats...hmmmmm..
Old 02-24-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I wasn't saying that they beat anyone on the poker run. I was refering to what was said earlier about the only way to getnrespect for a big cat is to take it to the world championships.
Old 02-24-2013, 05:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Two sides to every story Blume.Tony tells a far different version than you alude to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.