Notices

A picture says a thousand words... LOL

Old 02-24-2013, 06:02 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skater40
Two sides to every story Blume.Tony tells a far different version than you alude to.
There always are two sides, I was told that by someone driving PP and the owner was on the throttles. Just like who was the first to the card stop at DS last year.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:11 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by blume
There always are two sides, I was told that by someone driving PP and the owner was on the throttles. Just like who was the first to the card stop at DS last year.
Videos dont lie.Put up or shut up.
Old 02-24-2013, 08:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by skater40
Videos dont lie.Put up or shut up.
I don't need a video, just like last year when you said you were the first to the card stop in DS and I believed you and didn't need a video, just like I believe the guy driving Pure Platinum this weekend at the boat show poker run. Two versions of the story and I chose to believe what I heard and I assume you believe what you heard.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:58 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Smile

Originally Posted by blume
I don't need a video, just like last year when you said you were the first to the card stop in DS and I believed you and didn't need a video, just like I believe the guy driving Pure Platinum this weekend at the boat show poker run. Two versions of the story and I chose to believe what I heard and I assume you believe what you heard.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:14 AM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Given all the controversy and argument surrounding the Florida Powerboat Club's new safety management initiative, I find it odd that we are even having this discussion.

A poker run is not supposed to be a race. Use the word "first," as in first to a card stop or first to an end point, and you're talking about a race. It's pretty hard to argue otherwise.

I'm not trying to be the fun police. But let's at least be honest with ourselves.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:23 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
Given all the controversy and argument surrounding the Florida Powerboat Club's new safety management initiative, I find it odd that we are even having this discussion.

A poker run is not supposed to be a race. Use the word "first," as in first to a card stop or first to an end point, and you're talking about a race. It's pretty hard to argue otherwise.

I'm not trying to be the fun police. But let's at least be honest with ourselves.
I thought you couldn't go over 110 with back seat passengers....?

Last edited by cdowns; 02-25-2013 at 10:18 AM.
Old 02-25-2013, 09:48 AM
BRAD SCHOENWALD
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At the time of the picture they were between groups and just cruising down to Gilberts for lunch. Blume what you are referring too was after lunch just before destination at Holiday Isles and of course different.

I didn't look at every post in this thread but from what I can tell not one person who posted here was even on a boat during the run and really doesn't know ****.

I was there in my boat behind them all. I have driven both boats (DCB M41 and Bills 388) within the last 7 days and the truth can of course be found somewhere else. So keep running your keyboards and we will keep running our boats.

Long Break Out!
Old 02-25-2013, 10:12 AM
FPC Events
VIP Member

Brad! LOL
Old 02-25-2013, 03:01 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,753 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by bcschoe
At the time of the picture they were between groups and just cruising down to Gilberts for lunch. Blume what you are referring too was after lunch just before destination at Holiday Isles and of course different.

I didn't look at every post in this thread but from what I can tell not one person who posted here was even on a boat during the run and really doesn't know ****.

I was there in my boat behind them all. I have driven both boats (DCB M41 and Bills 388) within the last 7 days and the truth can of course be found somewhere else. So keep running your keyboards and we will keep running our boats.

Long Break Out!
The point I made above doesn't require an on-site reporter. It has nothing to do with who was first and who was fastest.

It has everything to do with the fact that the entire discussion is not supposed to matter. This was a poker run, right? Or did I, from my office 3,000 miles away, miss something?

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 02-25-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 02-25-2013, 03:06 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,074 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
The point I made above doesn't require an on-site reporter. It has nothing to do with who was first and who was fastest.

It has everything to do with the fact that the entire discussion is not supposed to matter. This was poker run, right? Or did I, from my office 3,000 miles away, miss something?
I tend to agree, the whole point of a poker run is to get cards isn't it? I think FPCs new safety guidelines are great! I dont attend poker runs for two reasons-
1. My boat doesnt run 100, which seems to be necessary
2. I dont trust anyone there running at the speeds they do

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.