Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Old Powerboat Magazines (1971-1988) and more >

Old Powerboat Magazines (1971-1988) and more

Notices

Old Powerboat Magazines (1971-1988) and more

Old 03-15-2013, 05:46 PM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Rotonda West, Florida
Posts: 2,484
Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Old Powerboat Magazines (1971-1988) and more

My late father kept all his old Powerboat Magazine(s). trying to get rid of some clutter, plus Corvette News magazine(s) from August 1971 -1976.

The Powerboats Magazines and Corvette News are in good shape.

Stephen
[email protected]
856-449-0939

Make offer, have a buyer very intertested...

Last edited by Smarty; 03-15-2013 at 06:33 PM.
Smarty is offline  
Old 03-16-2013, 07:33 PM
  #2  
BUP
Banned
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ft. Worth TX
Posts: 9,595
Likes: 0
Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

I am interested, as of late we started to hand them out to the local kids that are in the hospitals and in the waiting rooms. I like the idea of keep boating alive and hopefully future kids get well plus get into boating especially powerboating in their future. For Christmas we handed out over 500 boat, motorcycle & hotrod magazines to the local hospitals. Also anyone else that has boating magazines let me know. thanks John
BUP is offline  
Old 03-16-2013, 09:08 PM
  #3  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Rotonda West, Florida
Posts: 2,484
Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BUP View Post
I am interested, as of late we started to hand them out to the local kids that are in the hospitals and in the waiting rooms. I like the idea of keep boating alive and hopefully future kids get well plus get into boating especially powerboating in their future. For Christmas we handed out over 500 boat, motorcycle & hotrod magazines to the local hospitals. Also anyone else that has boating magazines let me know. thanks John
Make an offer, I will oblige.
Smarty is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 02:02 PM
  #4  
BUP
Banned
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ft. Worth TX
Posts: 9,595
Likes: 0
Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Stephen thank you for the offer and time. I would think that you would want at least your shipping costs covered. I have no idea how much any of that would be.

A rough guess would be 25 - 30 bucks. I am collecting magazines again to pass out but it is hard to get large volumes donated or bought at a cheaply price to make it worth my time plus not a huge expense.

I look at it as they were printed to be look at & read forever so I try to make a difference and donate them instead of getting thown in the trash.
BUP is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 02:05 PM
  #5  
BUP
Banned
iTrader: (9)
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ft. Worth TX
Posts: 9,595
Likes: 0
Received 39 Likes on 33 Posts
Default

Forgot I think you can send these media mail for a cheaper cost on your end.
BUP is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 04:41 PM
  #6  
Registered
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: London Ontario Canada
Posts: 164
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Smarty View Post
My late father kept all his old Powerboat Magazine(s). trying to get rid of some clutter, plus Corvette News magazine(s) from August 1971 -1976.

The Powerboats Magazines and Corvette News are in good shape.

Stephen
[email protected]
856-449-0939

Make offer, have a buyer very intertested...
I've got the jacket you used to get when you signed up for the year
Brand new never worn and been in my closet for years and years
Lens mag marine is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 04:56 PM
  #7  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Rotonda West, Florida
Posts: 2,484
Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

Just found years 1997 through 2005, in perfect condition, in my mother's house, in chronological order.
Smarty is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 04:59 PM
  #8  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Rotonda West, Florida
Posts: 2,484
Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BUP View Post
Stephen thank you for the offer and time. I would think that you would want at least your shipping costs covered. I have no idea how much any of that would be.

A rough guess would be 25 - 30 bucks. I am collecting magazines again to pass out but it is hard to get large volumes donated or bought at a cheaply price to make it worth my time plus not a huge expense.

I look at it as they were printed to be look at & read forever so I try to make a difference and donate them instead of getting thown in the trash.
The magazines will not be thrown away. Either they will be sold or they will be kept, or I will let my nieces and nephews (my brothers has four children of school age) have an E-Bay project and learn how to market and sell used items.

Stephen
Smarty is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 05:40 PM
  #9  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Rotonda West, Florida
Posts: 2,484
Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by BUP View Post
I am interested, as of late we started to hand them out to the local kids that are in the hospitals and in the waiting rooms. I like the idea of keep boating alive and hopefully future kids get well plus get into boating especially powerboating in their future. For Christmas we handed out over 500 boat, motorcycle & hotrod magazines to the local hospitals. Also anyone else that has boating magazines let me know. thanks John
If the 1997-2005 magazines do not sell, I will help your charity. It is a good thing you are doing, I do commend you for your help to the hospitalized children.

Last edited by Smarty; 03-17-2013 at 05:42 PM.
Smarty is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 06:02 PM
  #10  
Registered
iTrader: (2)
 
LubeJobs42's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Fort Lauderdale
Posts: 3,600
Likes: 0
Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default

Roughly how many old powerboats are there? I'm interested an will make a good offer!
LubeJobs42 is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.