Notices

Total BS

Old 07-23-2002, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by Phknlwyr
Any idiot with a few bucks in their pocket and a typewriter can file a lawsuit. They are also free to make a demand for any amount of money they deem appropriate. Just because they sue does not mean they will win anything. You can bet that the County has some sovereign immunity which will cause this case to be dismissed in short order.
Hellooo Mr Phklwyer.....
In response to this and another post a few days ago in which you questioned weather I was taking shots at your fello breatheren..
You have to be thinking yourself that this attorney is a TOOL.
What is the logic here? Is it that they feel every nut case with a gripe deserves representation in court or what. I dont get it, you even say yourself (as I would think as well) that there is going to be some kind of "sovergeign immunity" here.
Im not taking shots at you personally (my smiley faces arent working, really). Im really quite interested in what the rational is behind this kind of lawyering?
You seem yourself somewhat irritated by it.
Old 07-23-2002, 03:25 PM
Registered

Post a quote from HotBoat.net

posted July 16, 2002 08:01 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Check out the name of the attorney Jonathan Cole. Isn't that the same attorney who has several 120 M.P.H. Hallett ski race boats,
" Judgement Day " etc. Only an attorney would want to profit from something that will have a negative effect on his own sport.
I wonder what the ski racing community will think of this. None of the guys from HTM would want this.

I better stop because this really p**ses me off.
Old 07-23-2002, 03:29 PM
Registered

That's really sad if it's true.
Old 07-23-2002, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 3,020 Likes on 987 Posts

Everyone hates attorneys until they need one! Just like cops...everyone talks **** about cops until they need one.....This is just a sad case all over...It's just too bad people had to die doing what they loved...and whats worse is others may pay a price because of it.

Nort is right though...theres always been a 35 MPH speed limit at Castaic...theres also a counter-clockwise running rule and....Get this...theres no swimming in that lake!! Yes you heard right...but tell that to all the people skiing, wakeboarding and well....SWIMMING! As someone said before....Accountability is what it's about...however here it looks as though someone else will be held accountable.
Old 07-23-2002, 10:44 PM
LA Boats

Angry

You hit on the root of all evil in our society today-accountability. And, no one wants to stand up and be accountable for their actions. No one held a gun to those guys heads. Although, it does piss me off that someone of Steve Columbe's (late owner of HTM) stature in the hi perf boating community would act as irresponsibly as he did, traveling at those speeds, illegally, with a boat full of his employees and without the proper safety equipment. He has left a black eye on our sport here in SoCal.

Another wonderful attribute in our society, hypocrisy. Jon Cole is a picture of the virtue as he happens to be (formerly) one of us-an avid high performance boater, owning several 100+ mph marathon race boats. Thanks Jon. I hope someone posts your address!

Old 07-24-2002, 12:11 AM
Registered

Default Lake Castaic

This is a very different lake. True its a 35 mph lake but it has places where the speed and test runs being conduted are hid from the officials and the public. Even the pwc's are roped off so that they can not come into contact with the regular boaters.
Its a shame that Mrs Lane in her attempt to get money will be hurting one of her husbands greater loves,Performance Boating!!
Im sure that he told her what they were trying to accomplish on the speed runs afterall they ran them the day before also. Just like Semperfi mention they were runing without not only saftey equiptment but a lot of the interior. We all know the chances that we are taking every time we push the throtles,just like I'm sure they did but thats part of our sport!!
Im truely sorry for the loss of lives however is this law suit really the answer?
Sincerely, Eliminator219
Old 07-24-2002, 12:38 AM
LA Boats

It is a very well known fact that the life guards at the lake often look the other way when local regulars come to test there. Probably the most well know magazine test driver in the country visits (or use to visit) the lake on a daily basis to test and tune customer's boats, often at very high speeds. So now these guards, who were simply being nice guys and helping these guys out, are going to be persecuted by the county and the legal system.

Old 07-24-2002, 12:44 AM
Registered

Originally posted by LA Boats
It is a very well known fact that the life guards at the lake often look the other way when local regulars come to test there. Probably the most well know magazine test driver in the country visits (or use to visit) the lake on a daily basis to test and tune customer's boats, often at very high speeds. So now these guards, who were simply being nice guys and helping these guys out, are going to be persecuted by the county and the legal system.
If you're talking about Bob Teauge.............he's just one of MANY performance boaters that use (or have used) that lake........including myself. I really can't think of why the lake has a 35MPH limit anyway. I always thought that was weird.
Old 07-24-2002, 12:58 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

LA Man that Sucks!!! You west Coast Guys are going to feel the restrictions first but it will not take long for the rest of the Country to be Likewise Curtailed .

A County sued for 10 Mill !! A Boat accident is one thing! With the Insurance Companies = Bad! But this will maybe cause the Water front municipalities enact more Boat speed legislation = very very Bad !!

Old 07-24-2002, 07:09 AM
Registered

Default question for someone....

I know they found Ken Lane on top of the water and he died of cardiac arrest (sorry if sp is off). Was ken wearing a life jacket?

Quick Reply: Total BS

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.