Trial Started for Boat Crash of 2008 >

Trial Started for Boat Crash of 2008

Notices

Trial Started for Boat Crash of 2008

Old 04-05-2013, 06:30 AM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

The Whaler was not idling per the widows quote they were on plane .

Bob, my reference to no damage on the bow port side I was talking about the Imperial boat . How can one make that size of a hole without damage to both sides of the bow? The # 1 and 2 are evidence markers. But look at if the boat missed the trailer bunks upon loading there is a black rubber at the bottom of the trailer and a good chance the boat got gouged by the trailer box. I would think if they found pieces of the whaler that still does not mean it was the first boat to hit the whaler or debris from it.

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !

Last edited by SHARKEY-IMAGES; 04-05-2013 at 06:35 AM.
Old 04-05-2013, 07:55 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
The Whaler was not idling per the widows quote they were on plane .

Bob, my reference to no damage on the bow port side I was talking about the Imperial boat . How can one make that size of a hole without damage to both sides of the bow? The # 1 and 2 are evidence markers. But look at if the boat missed the trailer bunks upon loading there is a black rubber at the bottom of the trailer and a good chance the boat got gouged by the trailer box. I would think if they found pieces of the whaler that still does not mean it was the first boat to hit the whaler or debris from it.
Didn't the imperial supposedly have damage that was causing it to take on water? I thought that was his reason for pulling it out that night.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:15 AM
AKA "BAZOOKA JOE"
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by FIXX
imperial boats,does this look like a speed boat???twin v6 that will do 51 to 70 mph ..rite...

http://www.yachtworld.com/core/listi...1112&noOfPic=2
wrong boat in pic
Old 04-05-2013, 11:55 AM
Registered

Received 42 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by cp5899
This type of thing makes me nervous. Last summer my wife and I were crossing the lake around 11pm after having dinner at a restaurant. It was a full moon so visibilty was pretty good. We were traveling about 40 mph when a guy starts waving a spot light around about 100 yards in front of me. It turns out they were in the middle of the lake in a 12' flat boat night fishing. They didn't have a single light on so I could not see them. Glad they could see our lights and hear us coming.

I love to run at night, but sure makes me nervous because I see so many boats run with out lights.

Not implying anyone envolved ran with no lights.
+1 on that! Last summer I was running across the lake at about 10:30 PM on a cloudy night. I came into the marian basin and here comes a pontoon boat along side of me with not a single light on! Filled with rowdy teens and alcohol. I did not see or hear them until they were right next to me! Scray as hell!!
Old 04-05-2013, 05:56 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Donzi ZX
Didn't the imperial supposedly have damage that was causing it to take on water? I thought that was his reason for pulling it out that night.
I think the explanation was after impact that the bilge pump light came on .

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 04-05-2013, 07:11 PM
Registered

tim are you friends with the guy that ran over and killed the other people ? you seem very biased agianst the people in the whaler.

i'm all for innocent until proven guilty but really.........

speeding
no nav lights or atleast not all working
leaving the scene of an accident

hhhmmmmm running from a DUI sounds alittle more logically, and did someone really say they should have heard the "loud exhaust" so its the smaller boats fault?

seems the DA is pissed that the defandant got away with BUI and is throwing the book at them.
Old 04-05-2013, 08:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by skaterdave
tim are you friends with the guy that ran over and killed the other people ? you seem very biased agianst the people in the whaler.

speeding

hhhmmmmm running from a DUI sounds alittle more logically, and did someone really say they should have heard the "loud exhaust" so its the smaller boats fault?

seems the DA is pissed that the defandant got away with BUI and is throwing the book at them.
Yep, Dave that's the way to engender more respect for the law ... a mean, petulant, pissed DA waving his big dick wanting to make up law and punish v. do justice and follow the law.

Rather than address your points - and pleading complete ignorance to the NJ Criminal Code - may I just say I see nothing that rises to the level of even an ambiguous felony.

(Again I am ignorant) but unless Brick Twp/Ocean County has some added laws governing conduct, actions a/o inactions in Inland Waters in their territory, there are hundreds of Admiralty/SOLAS/COLREGS/PCC cases on point going back well over a century which clearly place the overwhelming majority of the fault of the collision with Mr Post - even accepting every single emotive presentment and accusation as true Ms Drama Queen made.

Felonious (non-)Bow light? fuggedaboutit

I think, on face, Mr Dilio(?) is spoiled, smarmy, juvenile, reckless and irresponsible - and I hope that I would not even be on the same ocean as him, but & that said, again, *EYE* don't see what criminal actions were committed by Mr Dilio(?)

Whether Tim is/is not friends with Mr Dilio(?) he raises a very interesting and possibly valid point: there was a LOT of violent damage done to Mr Post's Whaler, and trivial - if not negligible - damage to Mr Dilio's(?) craft from a 50+mph t-bone.

Bob
Old 04-05-2013, 09:25 PM
Registered

Well, I think its entirely likely that both boats were full of noisy fun loving ignorant people , also likely that neither were using lights and that both had little experience @ nite boating,....

its a sad state of affairs
but i will always have it in the back of my mind
and will use it to shape my boatin behaviour
Old 04-05-2013, 09:26 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by skaterdave

speeding

I'm sure the cops took blood to have a blood test done...If not then they phucked up......................Also i did not look loke the kid tryed to hide the damage or tryed to buff the blue smudge off even tho the part of the boston whaler that was missing was all white...the blue botton may have caused a blue streek on the side of the imperial but like stated their should heve been a whole lot more damage to the inperial boat..
Old 04-05-2013, 09:59 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by goatskin
Whether Tim is/is not friends with Mr Dilio(?) he raises a very interesting and possibly valid point: there was a LOT of violent damage done to Mr Post's Whaler, and trivial - if not negligible - damage to Mr Dilio's(?) craft from a 50+mph t-bone.

Bob
really thats your guys' theory, that it can't be the bigger powerboat because of the extensive damage of the whaler.

it's a open whaler that was struck broadside, probably its weakest point, by the nose of the other boat. you ever see a whaler of that type up close, their like the econo version of the carolina skiffs with no real deck to stiffen up sides.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.