Notices

Statement???

Old 08-05-2013, 07:27 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by jayboat
"lack luster communication'? Were you on on the line?
Every person involved in this is a friend of mine. We're getting the typical one-sided speculation from the peanut gallery and you should take that into consideration.
Is delivery late? Seems like it is. Why is that? Well, we got no shortage of speculation. Ever stop to think that maybe change orders might have played into the equation?
How about factors that none of us is aware of?
You guys are making Statement sound like a bunch of rip off artists and you know damn well they aren't.

I say this because these guys are my friends, and I suspect you would and do call them friends as well. Way too quick around here to cast blame.
Stop being jerks. Nick and Todd are great guys, are putting their hearts and souls into the boats they build and it shows.
Nice you have a set of balls, Jay. Friends or not these guys aren't living hand to mouth. Nobody has a clue what is going on behind the scenes but Statement and the customer. And I have to assume the customer has enough money that he doesn't spend his time on chat forums to respond.

Too bad there are people in this world waiting for others to fail to make them feel good. See the Spectre repo thread. I would have thought Jason would have deleted it for the sake of his own credibility.
Old 08-05-2013, 07:57 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

I certainly was happy getting a ride out on this one with the Wounded Warriors boat rides our club put on in Atlantic City.

Once I get some spare time a Video will be made and part of it will be from the ride on this boat including the sport fish boat wake we hit. The boat impressed the hell out of me !!!

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 08-05-2013, 08:03 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,752 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
Nice you have a set of balls, Jay. Friends or not these guys aren't living hand to mouth. Nobody has a clue what is going on behind the scenes but Statement and the customer. And I have to assume the customer has enough money that he doesn't spend his time on chat forums to respond.

Too bad there are people in this world waiting for others to fail to make them feel good. See the Spectre repo thread. I would have thought Jason would have deleted it for the sake of his own credibility.
Jason's credibility is not at stake. Not even close. Nor is mine. We reported the repossession story accurately (even the attorney's on both sides said they thought it was fair) and posted it here. I have no comment on the comments made in the thread for that story except to say—that's what happens on message boards. People comment. Sometimes intelligently and sometimes not. But that's not ours to control, and in no way do those comments on a news story we accurately reported reflect on either Jason or me.

We report good news. In fact, most of the news we report is good. But we also report bad news. That's the job.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 08-05-2013 at 08:20 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 08:23 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Good to see you are watching this, Matt. However you let the choo-choo jump the tracks with no regards to anything else.

Combine that with "Chuck", whoever that questionable person may be and you pretty much alienate the OSO followers from considering a Sonic. If that is your job then you have done it well.

Now we have Statement......guess we are selling more hits on a website. Sorry, bro. I don't buy it.

Now let's take the arguement off-line and call me tomorrow. Ok?
Old 08-05-2013, 09:08 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,752 Likes on 1,237 Posts

Good to see you are watching this, Matt. However you let the choo-choo jump the tracks with no regards to anything else.

Combine that with "Chuck", whoever that questionable person may be and you pretty much alienate the OSO followers from considering a Sonic. If that is your job then you have done it well.

Now we have Statement......guess we are selling more hits on a website. Sorry, bro. I don't buy it.

I'll be happy to call you tomorrow. But I completely disagree with you. We reported the repossession story fairly and accurately. It seems you didn't want it reported, that's what I'm getting from you, and I am sorry but that's not how we operate. Good with the bad. It comes that way. We didn't make the news, and I can't tell you how many, many things we have not reported because we couldn't verify them. Again, the story was reported accurately and handled professionally.

To ignore a story that big is to fail to do the job. Don't blame the news media for reporting the news, especially for a story in which there was zero sensationalism or bias. It's not about hits. It's about reporting. I have seen firsthand what happens to a publication that panders and refuses to report bad news. Say goodbye to any credibility.

Pat, message boards are message board. People comment on them. I am not the conductor on this train. Jason Johnson and I share conducting duties on speedonthewater.com. That won't change—and if we had to report that story again, we'd do it the same way. People use a host of sources to inform their purchase decisions. If an accurate news story is one of them, so be it.

As for this thread, what I've read so far are mostly third party assertions. An actual news story would involve the principals involved. So I have no opinion, one way or another, based on what's been stated here.

Last edited by Matt Trulio; 08-05-2013 at 09:12 PM.
Old 08-05-2013, 09:29 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 144 Likes on 84 Posts

The percentage of the herd at play... jaws of life.

Not sure what it matters if 'they' are 'living hand to mouth'... that aside, I look at it as a custom assembly line, and as there's very little wiggle room in many aspects of any form of production/fabrication of custom chit-
one little hiccup of nearly anything can throw sand in gears all kinds of negative ways that affect overall production. domino effect that's all I'm saying... pure speculation on my part.

but, gawd damn they build some nice stuff. genius design

NAPLES IMAGE Photo Galleries

NAPLES IMAGE PHOTOBLOG
Old 08-05-2013, 10:02 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

Originally Posted by Matt Trulio
I'll be happy to call you tomorrow. But I completely disagree with you. We reported the repossession story fairly and accurately. It seems you didn't want it reported, that's what I'm getting from you, and I am sorry but that's not how we operate. Good with the bad. It comes that way. We didn't make the news, and I can't tell you how many, many things we have not reported because we couldn't verify them. Again, the story was reported accurately and handled professionally.

To ignore a story that big is to fail to do the job. Don't blame the news media for reporting the news, especially for a story in which there was zero sensationalism or bias. It's not about hits. It's about reporting. I have seen firsthand what happens to a publication that panders and refuses to report bad news. Say goodbye to any credibility.

Pat, message boards are message board. People comment on them. I am not the conductor on this train. Jason Johnson and I share conducting duties on speedonthewater.com. That won't change—and if we had to report that story again, we'd do it the same way. People use a host of sources to inform their purchase decisions. If an accurate news story is one of them, so be it.

As for this thread, what I've read so far are mostly third party assertions. An actual news story would involve the principals involved. So I have no opinion, one way or another, based on what's been stated here.
Matt,
there are several problems with your reporting of the story, first, people dont like to hear the truth. you guys reported a story that you could verify with facts and most people only like to hear their version of the facts. second, people with no dog in the fight feel the need to post their version of the facts or their opinion (usually stated as fact) just so they can feel like they have something important to add.
I have called you out before on your stories and you defended what you printed with perfectly good reasoning and I have accepted that even if I did not agree with you, it seems many people on here cannot do the same.
the facts in both the Statement and Frisini threads are really only known by the people directly involved in the transactions and no one else. I thought you have done a great job of reporting both the good and bad in the marine world even if most dont want the hear it. keep up the good work.
Steve Schmidt
Old 08-05-2013, 11:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

1. why would you mix in the story about the other thread into this thread when you are trying to protect the credibility of the company involved in this thread

2. it is interesting you call people out for not knowing the full story, but you are then very quick to immediately question the credibility of "chuck" even though you clearly know nothing about him or his side of the story either

3. I do not know "chuck" and I imagine I never will.....but here is what is a FACT:

A. the company in the other thread lost possession of molds and a boat brand in a court room decided case and had those molds legally repossessed front them.....this is a simple fact

B. "chuck" traded in a boat on his new boat and that trade in has now been sold off long ago....FACT

C. "chuck" placed money in an escrow account with a dealer for his new boat this is a fact

D. "chuck" started a thread stating the dealer was not releasing the money to the builder to finish the boat....the dealer came onto this forum and disagreed with how that was stated this is a fact

E. after talking with the dealer "chuck" agreed to cut the dealer out of the deal as stated by the dealer on this forum and to indemnify the dealer from repercussions of the transaction again as stated by the dealer on this forum

F. after cutting the dealer out "chuck" was in the unenviable position of having to either go ahead and release the remainder of the escrow money in hopes the boat would be completed and delivered or he was in the position of going to court where the builder would claim that the failure of the escrow release was the cause for the inability to deliver......so if you are going to get screwed why not remove any and all excuses and make it clear you were going to be screwed and release the final money and see if the boat comes and if it is not there is no "cause" for the builder to claim was the reason for the failure to deliver

G. the only "response" that anyone associated with the builder has offered up is to come on this forum and accuse the girlfriend of a FORMER partner of being a batterer.......that is absolutely NOT related to "chuck" in any way shape or form and it lends no credibility to the builder VS "chuck" nor does it make the builder look like anything but a gossipy fool and a buffoon

so again the other builder that YOU choose to drag into this thread has legal issues that have been verified and their loss of the case dealing with those issues has been verified, they have partnership issues that have been verified, they had a dealer telling a client that they did not want to further release escrow funds because they were concerned about delivery of the product and that has been verified, the bout is built and that has been verified, "chuck" delivered a trade that has been sold long ago and that has been verified, and the escrow money was in the account and controlled by the dealer and it was down to the final payment or few payments before the dealer decided things were getting queered in the deal and that has been verified, and "chuck" took them out of the deal in an effort to simplify the overall issue if it came to be a court case type issue and that has been stated and verified by the dealer

so the ONLY question that is not verified in the deal that YOU choose to drag into this thread dealing with ANOTHER company is if the last or those last few escrow payments were made and the only response to that from anyone associated with that company to that question is to say "there is more to the story" and drag jerry springer stories about the GF of a FORMER partner into the thread.......which hardly makes them seem credible or anything other than stupid

so if you want to take up for the credibility of one company it would be a very good idea to not try and do so by calling into question the credibility of others that you know nothing about and dragging in entirely different company that HAS verified issues on multiple fronts and that has so far responded with springer show antics while ignoring that legal cases and credible dealer statements are working against them on every front

and lastly "good guys" or not when someone has hundreds of thousands of dollars on the line for a product "good guys" understand why that makes people nervous and they GO OUT OF THEIR WAY to be in CONSTANT contact with those that have large amounts of money on the line even if it is to call and say hey just letting you know I still cannot give a firm date (VS the TERRIBLE idea of calling and giving yet another "firm date" and then MISSING IT) and here are some more email photos of me holding todays paper in front of your boat and I will be in contact in 5 days again to let you know if there is or is not any progress and as soon as there is progress I will try and firm things up.....THAT may sound like hand holding and babysitting to some, but when you are babysitting someone elses $250K or $300K you should damn well understand why they expect babysitting and hand holding and why giving firm dates and then missing those dates gives them REAL cause for concern especially in todays boat market......if one can't understand that or won't understand that they should get out of the high end custom boat business and open a burger shack or a hotdog stand instead

PS....while there are people that may seem like they want to jump on the bandwagon and drag a company down one need only to read back through this forum for YEARS AND YEARS before the economy tanked to see story after story where someone raised concern about a product or a vendor only to be ridiculed and called out and then the final result was dozens more lost significantly more of their money and their ass when those issues finally exploded for good....if ANY company wants to compete in this market they are going to have to swim against that tide and succeed because they were able to do so or they should probably go ahead and pack it in and do something else

Last edited by TexasVines; 08-05-2013 at 11:44 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 06:59 AM
Registered

Received 45 Likes on 25 Posts

Your recent posts would have to be up there with some of the most idiotic to ever be on this website! Like really complaining about a negative report based on facts!

ATTENTION ATTENTION ATTENTION please do not make any disparraging remarks about boat builders (even if based on facts). Allow the next mug to proceed blindly and get shafted out of their hard earned dollars.

The thing is people when they go into these deals expect reasonable delays based on all the things that people have outlined in the 100's of other pages that have dealt with these events over the years. What they dont sign up for is to be delayed months or years. There is quite simply no excuse for a job to overrun by that time. I struggle to even think of something that could cause a delay of more than a month. The only one I can come up with is incomptence.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 74 Likes on 34 Posts

1. Pantera. We have an actual individual who has reported HIS negative experience with this company. They basically stole Berk Senner's money and didn't deliver his boat. The company is awash in litigation. Scumbags.

2. Frisisni. We have an actual individual who has reported HIS negative experience with this company. They basically stole Chuck's money and didn't deliver his boat. The company is awash in litigation. Scumbags.

3. Statement. We have Masher and his clique making cloak and dagger innuendos (reeking with envy) about the companies failures to deliver. Not one actual individual has come forward HERE to report his negative experience. The company is growing and produces some pretty innovative stuff. They are NOT involved in litigation that I can find. If or when that ever happens, we are all free to judge them. I don't see how Statement compares even remotely to Pantera or Frisini.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.