Notices

Statement???

Old 08-06-2013, 07:28 AM
Registered

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by boatlessatm
The only one I can come up with is incomptence.
I think if we all spelt better thurd be less mistunderstanding
Old 08-06-2013, 09:07 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts

Originally Posted by boatlessatm
The thing is people when they go into these deals expect reasonable delays based on all the things that people have outlined in the 100's of other pages that have dealt with these events over the years. What they dont sign up for is to be delayed months or years. There is quite simply no excuse for a job to overrun by that time. I struggle to even think of something that could cause a delay of more than a month. The only one I can come up with is incomptence.
Years? I don't think anyone has stated this boat was a year over due....a few months yes.

However as was pointed out....all you hear is the 3rd parties involved. So I am sure the truth is in the middle. Just like jay said....do we know if there was idea or design changes part way through? Back order on parts that were custom to this boat and this boat only? and many other things that could have cause a delay......The only people spouting off are people on the outside.

Take a lot of what you have heard with a HUGE grain of salt.

Statement is in the grand scheme of the boating world a young company. Also when they first opened shop they seemed to be a low volume all custom shop. Now with their new CC line as well as their cats and V's getting noticed I am sure their work load has more than doubled if not tripled. Have you ever stepped foot in their shop? Baja said he was just there and there was 5 boats on the floor being woked on. I can tell you 5 Boats out of molds and being worked on there is a lot of area being taken up.

A lot of this sounds like growing pains, matched with outsiders running their mouth. It's no wonder why it's so hard for a company to start up now....EVERYONE expects them to be the biggest and badest from the get go....HUGE shops, All parts on hand, staff sitting by the phones and in the work bays just waiting, and everything else. Sadly it buisness don't start out that way.
Old 08-06-2013, 09:19 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

The fact that boats like those we're discussing are so individually unique eliminates any chance for the builders to have a supplier, manufacturing and production schedule they can follow. Additionally maintaining a supplier base when you have limited production is difficult. But, the builder must be aware of these hurdles when they establish a business plan. Optimistic schedules are the bane of this industry.
ed
Old 08-06-2013, 01:13 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Here are my facts, and they are my facts and direct from Nick and Todd and i have the text messages to prove them so this is not third party

Last year a week before the shootout 2012 (mid august - about a year ago)- i bought DELOS Sport Chassis from Statement and I gave them a LARGE cash deposit (over half) and they told me I would get the title when the boat was done for the Ft Lauderdale show or Key West Worlds at the latest and i would get the title when DELOS boat was delivered to him - thats what i was told and i was willing to wait for the title. then i was told it would be the Miami boat show boat in Feb, i was upset but willing to wait- then i was told june, then end of july, then july 26th then august 2 - so it has been well over a year, i dont have my title, i cant drive my truck and Statment has my money and will not do anything about it. Those are the facts and thats why im pissed. I actually like the boats, the lines, the colors. We actually talked to them about being a dealer at LOTO last year but after a few of the lies there is no way i would buy anthing else from them- so the facts are it has been over a year and i have been lied to directly by both Nick and Todd (at the miami boat show in person) multiple times, this is not third party, its the facts and i just want my title and i know i will get it when the boat gets delivered - SO JUST DELIVER THE BOAT ALREADY
Old 08-06-2013, 10:07 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Active Thunder, My phone number is in plenty of places here on OSO and I would be more than happy to discuss my situation and seperate any facts from fiction. Frisini was suppose to have my boat built for the 2011 season originally, then Miami Boat Show 2012, then April of 2012 when I had rented a house in Florida for spring break, then August of 2012, then Sept of 2012, then Miami Boat Show 2013, then after a new contract between OCM, Frisini, and myself Miami Boat Show Poker Run 2013, then Poker Run Americas February poker run, then Poker Run Americas Season Opener in March, then April break again with my family. After all this, Tony asked me for more money before the boat was finished, ( which I had already given him 30k more than we agreed to finish the boat then final payment), when I refused he told me to go phuck myself ( I can text you the texts if you would like verification). Then we had a sea trial set in May when I received an annonimous call from a Mercury technician who had replaced a faulty oil pump on one of the motors who informed me that the exterior of the boat no longer had a Spectre logo on it but now had a Sonic logo on it. The interior still had Spectre logos on the seats and I had custom gauges with the Spectre logo . When I called Tony and inquired about this I was told that he was going to tell me about it when I came down for the sea trial.. To say I was a little pissed would be an understatement. Could you see yourself delivering a new boat with Actiive Thunder on the outside and Fountain embossed on the seats and gauges? When I said there would be no more money till we figure this out I was told again to phuck myself he no longer sells Spectres. Then he removed the logos on the seats and gauges without my concent, just like he changed the paint scheme without my concent. Now he is actively trying to sell the boat and informed my bank that he intends to give them or me none of the proceeds. If you would like to verify this, contact Ron Smith at Seacomm Federal Credit Union in Massena Ny. Mind you that Tony himself from his office fax at Industrial Concrete in NJ faxed Mr Smith at Seacomm a copy of the MSO with the HIN number that matches the boat in question listing Seacomm as the lien holder. If you would like I could email you or fax you a copy. When Mr Smith informed Mr Frisini that he can't do that and they would like contact info for his attorney he hung up the phone. So there is where my situation is at and I am willing to show you any of the items I have listed here. In closing I'd like to say I love your products but please be more careful who you choose to defend. Ask any vendor in your own industry what doing business with Tony Frisini is like. You could start with Ilmor, PPI, Poker Runs America, etc etc. Sorry for the rant/ hijack!

Last edited by Chuck; 08-06-2013 at 10:11 PM.
Old 08-06-2013, 10:23 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I would also like to add that I would buy a boat from Nick and Todd with absolutely no hesitation. Two great guys building some of the most beautiful one of a kind boats on the water today.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:25 PM
Geronimo36
Gold Member

Received 131 Likes on 36 Posts

Deeee Raaaaammmmaaaaaa!!!

No thanks!
Old 08-07-2013, 04:00 PM
Registered

I have been following this thread form the beginning and as usual I was reluctant to post anything because of how these threads are always just pissing contests usually among people who are once or twice removed from the actual situation or facts.

Here are some facts……

I had a customer come to me in early spring about a center console. He was never going to fish, he just wanted a “cool” boat to ride around on and drink and load up with friends. We explored some new and used options available to include Nortech and Cigarette and Statement. We found a new 35 down in the Keys that was available. I contacted Craig at Statement and made arrangements for my customer to come to the factory and then go to look at the one in Key Largo. Within a few days that boat was sold to someone else because we never put a deposit on it….no big deal, it is how things work. My customer flew down to Florida, took a ride in a used 35 and toured the factory anyway.

We started talking about building a new boat but of coarse with summer fast approaching would time be an issue. We all agreed about a delivery date and while it seemed a bit unrealistic we were assured by Craig and Nick that they could hit the target. Even though my customer had a bunch of “friends” blowing in his ear about Statement this and Statement that and there is no way they could build the boat that fast. He put his trust in me and Statement that we could all get it done.

Fast forward to the delivery date….surprise, surprise the boat was not finished. We had to wait, are you ready for this…..4 extra days….can you believe that….boy they really screwed us LOL!!!

Honestly, the boat was shipped up to us with one option missing, the teak floor so I guess if you want to get technical it was not done but I really can’t blame Statement and no one else should when you can’t get your parts from a supplier.

I am a dealer and I will tell you this economic crisis has all but killed this industry . Everybody had to tighten up their belts and do whatever they could to survive and one of the biggest things all manufacturers and suppliers did was lay off employees and dramatically reduce production of parts. I bring this up only so people can understand what is going on now. Things are turning and boat sales are up the problem is nobody is really geared up for it. Sure you have your builders that do everything in house and they can control production but if you are a builder relying on vendors for T-top frames, powder coated this or that, synthetic teak floors and even interiors unfortunately you are at their mercy.

Ok, so back to the boat ….the customer has been using it every weekend and is very pleased overall with the boat. I would be lying if I did not say there have been a few small issues with the boat that we have been able to take care of easily. Craig and Nick have done nothing short of bending over backwards for me and the customer with getting these issues resolved and their willingness to do whatever it takes to keep my customer happy. Again, trying to be as honest as I can the one thing we are not happy with is the speed of the boat….we are just a few miles an hour short of what was expected. We have all collectively agreed that when my customer is done with the boat for the season Statement will bring it back to the factory to get out of the boat what was promised and I am 100% confident that they will.

As for the 38 that has taken 2 years to build? I just find it hard to believe that there is not more to the story then what is being posted. I mean a reasonable, logically thinking person could only wonder why Statement can continue to build and deliver new boats in a decent time frame (ours was 10 weeks) but yet they would just hold this boat up for no reason and continue to take the bashing.

As for the title on the truck….I am sorry you don’t have it and it does suck but maybe Statement does not have it either.

No dog in this hunt….just food for thought.

If anyone wants a Statement in a fair time frame let me know, I would be happy to sell you one.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:05 PM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

That is a great testimonial and hope the Statement boys keep it up! I have to say it is odd that when you step up with a positive story about the builders and our industry there are only crickets chirping.

Hope to see you in Key West. I will have the electric red AT and the Blue AT Tanteo Tequilla sponsor boat on the sponsors dock. Stop by for a shot or two!

Pat

Originally Posted by anchor
I have been following this thread form the beginning and as usual I was reluctant to post anything because of how these threads are always just pissing contests usually among people who are once or twice removed from the actual situation or facts.

Here are some facts……

I had a customer come to me in early spring about a center console. .....

If anyone wants a Statement in a fair time frame let me know, I would be happy to sell you one.
Old 08-09-2013, 11:07 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder
That is a great testimonial and hope the Statement boys keep it up! I have to say it is odd that when you step up with a positive story about the builders and our industry there are only crickets chirping.

Hope to see you in Key West. I will have the electric red AT and the Blue AT Tanteo Tequilla sponsor boat on the sponsors dock. Stop by for a shot or two!

Pat
Thanks Pat.....I might see you there

Chirp, Chirp, Chirp.......

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.