Slight mishap at launch today... >

Slight mishap at launch today...

Notices

Slight mishap at launch today...

Old 04-14-2013, 11:45 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
I should correct that. I said sea ray, but I was generalizing. It was a cruiser of some sort. I didn't get the make or model. They all look the same to me. Coulda been a Four Winns, wellcraft, cruisers inc, etc. Tow rig was a new F350 diesel dually.
Understand...I was thinking "Damn...those dudes around there are seriously "Hard Core"LOL
Old 04-14-2013, 11:48 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

just a thought... would it work if your ramp challanged to have 4 or 6 of the big round fenders, tie them to the back of the trailer... the boat would be heavy enough to back off, then the trailer would have some float/lift to help the wheels get over the hump... Getting out, stop at the end and power the boat on.
Old 04-14-2013, 11:54 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by phragle
just a thought... would it work if your ramp challanged to have 4 or 6 of the big round fenders, tie them to the back of the trailer... the boat would be heavy enough to back off, then the trailer would have some float/lift to help the wheels get over the hump... Getting out, stop at the end and power the boat on.
good question. Or maybe some kind of inflatable air bags that self inflate with a button. Though I'd prefer a couple blow up dolls tied to the back of my trailer, topless.
Old 04-15-2013, 12:21 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default fixx

I should correct that. I said sea ray, but I was generalizing. It was a cruiser of some sort. I didn't get the make or model. They all look the same to me. Coulda been a Four Winns, wellcraft, cruisers inc, etc. Tow rig was a new F350 diesel dually.
if it had outdrives then its a sport cruiser,,that trailer would not hold a sundancer(v drives)..sport cruisers are still a nice boat with a wrap around back seat..
Old 04-15-2013, 12:21 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

good question. Or maybe some kind of inflatable air bags that self inflate with a button. Though I'd prefer a couple blow up dolls tied to the back of my trailer, topless.
+ 16. Topless blow up dolls ALWAYS help the situation.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:33 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Mild Thunder, boaters like you, who take the time to help, really help make this sport so rewarding. You didn't just hang back and take video of someone's misfortune. Let's all "pay it forward" this summer.
Old 04-15-2013, 06:53 AM
CNC
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

I'm faced with the same problem where I launch. I plan on welding a 3 foot triangular skid in front of the wheel that exits below the tangent point of the wheel, so I can skid the trailer on to the front wheel.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:11 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Way to go, Joe! I'm sure that guy certainly appreciated the help. I'm letting Mr.Cig put his in the water at Hammond before I try mine! Lol.

I backed the trailer off the end of the ramp at Portage, IN a few years back...didn't know it. After the boat came off the trailer, I jumped in the truck and took off. There was a large crashing sound and a big jerk as I came out, but I thought I had just rolled over something on the ramp. Looked at the trailer when I parked...all the lights were hanging out of the back and the front axle support was torn on the driver's side. Fortunately, it held together for the trip home. We straightened the front axle and welded angular supports like what CNC described to address any future problems.
Old 04-15-2013, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

that's what powering on to the trailer does to ramps, as well as pulling all the soil out from under it. ever see a ramp shift or cave in? a lot of marinas are putting baseball sized rock ,or broken concrete as fill at the end of the ramp. ever hear a rock go thru a prop as someone powers on to the ramp sound very expensive, ruins a good day at the lake cause your to lazy to use the winch. I like the idea of trianges in front of front axles
Old 04-15-2013, 07:51 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

That's a good idea on the skid plates guys.

Maybe I should trade in the one ton dually for something like this.
Attached Thumbnails Slight mishap at launch today...-image_211.jpg  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.