Fastest Stepped Bottom Design???? >

Fastest Stepped Bottom Design????

Notices

Fastest Stepped Bottom Design????

Old 04-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 84 Likes on 31 Posts

Fastest is all relative. Top Speed, Race Course, Open Ocean, Etc.

I'll through the Donzi 38 ZrComp in the ring. What other Single Model has:

Six National Championships
Three APBA/UIM World Championships
Two P1 Powerboat World Championship

....and is still competitive 10 years later.
Old 04-23-2013, 10:42 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by thisistank
Well, "technically" the question was asked BOTH ways.

I totally agree with you actually. I criticized fountain while he would run these campaigns and disagreed with his advertising campaign. However, the record stands.

I think if Peter/skater actually cared they could give OL some good competition in the fastest vee bottom arena but I do believe right this second, OL is building the fastest step bottom Vees. I'd just like to see them beat the record once and for all to make it official. I know records are kindve foolish but then again theyre the benchmark to base your claims on. Easy to say you're the fastest when you hold the record.
A little birdie told me this might be in the very near future............................................ ..............................................:eek drop:
Old 04-23-2013, 10:56 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Old 04-23-2013, 11:00 AM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

"We’ve broken our own world V-bottom speed record nine times and we currently own every twin-engine V-bottom world speed record. "
Fountain website.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:19 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom A.

I get what your saying....but in this case is it really all relevant?
The fastest stepped in the world is a Fountain. Period. And thats what was asked
And Skater got splashed....AGAIN....sad world.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:32 AM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 27 Posts

Technically until a builder sets a new record it is my understanding that the current record will stand untill broken . Therefore no current boat manufacturer builds the fastest stepped V bottom, since none of them , have to the best of my knowledge, broken the record set by Fountain.

Ergo, then technically no current builder can boast that they build the fastest stepped V bottom since no current builder has officially broken the standing record.

Just my demented view on the situation.

RG.
Old 04-23-2013, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by automobili_v12
I have read in various articles that Skater designed the bottoms of Cig 46, Various Fountains and OL. So I would think that Skater has the knowledge to build the fastest VEE BOTTOM.

In 07 Cig, Skater, Mercury and TNT Marine teamed up and built the 46" It ran 172 mph and Bud Lorow told me personally " The boat did 172 we still had more throttle but being afraid someone would get killed we stopped".
You left out a few things.

After the first test they switched from a hand throttle to a foot throttle so the driver (just one) could keep both hands on the wheel.

The two way average was just a tick over the 160 mark

The quote was " I will never attempt that record again, Reggie is one crazy bastard"

For the money, a fountain is hard to beat. For every day use and over night stays I would love an OL. OL makes the fastest boat with a "real" cabin, hands down. But if want to tickle the 100 mph mark for $100k+/- safely and stable, fountain is the only choice in a used ride.

For those that question the ride of a fountain, ride in one first. Those questioning the length, does your boat have a molded swim platform? Or are you talking about the 11 inch beak that leads to the reverse arch that adds length to the overall running surface?

Jesus, will this debate ever end? Most people that pick on fountains at the daily hang out bay, I pass on the way in
Old 04-23-2013, 11:43 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

I'm am in no experience level compared to some of these forum members to argue over different hull designs but I can say this-- if there is a record set by fountain then somebody OL, Skater or who ever is going to want to beat that record. If they come really close I see fountain maybe building something? So I see in the future behind closed doors somebody is working on this. With technology of today and some with disposable incomes- anything is possible. Just my 2cents.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tom A.

Speed is not relative... it is an absolute. 145mph 52ft OL with 1350's. Thas an absolute fact. 38zr is a great boat, but no where near entering the "fastest step bottom boat conversation".

Originally Posted by TeamSaris
I get what your saying....but in this case is it really all relevant?
The fastest stepped in the world is a Fountain. Period. And thats what was asked
And Skater got splashed....AGAIN....sad world.
That is heresay. Like i said before. Reggie traded his company for a 1 off purpose built speed record boat. Mike Fiore focused on his company and quality products and therefore is still in business. This debate is fun. Think about this logically (almost ironically). Reggie Fountain did a lot for the industry. Unfortunatley, the 42 was really his last creation to date. So far, at least known to the public he has not and does not plan to release anymore masterpieces. Fiore picked up where Reggie left off and he continues to push the limits of high performance v-bottom. It's timing. And damn good timing if you ask me cause we're all going to get the benefit of having talent like Reggie and Fiore for a long time!! Naturally Fiore is going to break the record, he's relativley young and open minded putting a lot of R&D into his hulls ( and has the resources to do it). Fortunatley, he's focusing on getting his business to a certain level before attempting the record.
Old 04-23-2013, 12:21 PM
Registered

The skater didnt break. All the outerlimits spun out. Did they ever complete a race without a spinout?

I was just stating facts about the boats when it came to pound for pound racing with same engines and drives along with weight. I believe thats as fair as we can get. It wasnt the highst speed ever accomplished just fastest pound for pound all else being equal.

If you look at the bottom of the new 29 outerlimits its the same bottom as the fountain just added a new step. Someone used the same strakes and pad. Take a look and prove me wrong. If its old technology why copy it? Its identical back to the 3rd step. No other boat uses the bottom that reggie did. all you have to do is take a look.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.