Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Pet Peeve's while on your boat? >

Pet Peeve's while on your boat?

Notices

Pet Peeve's while on your boat?

Old 05-02-2013, 01:49 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My boat is nowhere near what a lot of you have but its mine, paid for, and I put a lot of hard work and pride into it, and i've found that people in my age group (early 20's) have absolutely zero respect for anything. So here's my list

1. Keep yourself damn shoes off my upholstery and the hull.
2. No fishing. Its not a fishing boat and you arent gonna cram it fill of your 3 tackle boxes and 6 rods.I had a buddy try to stand on the bow of my boat( in the seats, see no. 1) and fish. I was pissd
3. People who think going to the lake means an hour or two. If I go through the trouble of prepping the boat, dragging it to the lake, then cleaning up afterwards im staying all day. I had another friend who's gf was pissd and ready to go home at 1130 in the morning bc it was 95 and she was getting a sunburn. And she hadn't brought anything to cover up with, so she sat there pissd off til 7 that night. They quit talking to us lol
Old 05-02-2013, 06:14 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I don't think this one has been said yet, but what about how everyone wants to go out on the boat during the summer, but no one can be found when it's time to help put her away for the winter or to get her ready for the summer. That's how you find out who your real friends are.
Old 05-02-2013, 06:42 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

We live on the water so rarely hang out on a boat. -I really do not like anyone (other than my wife) on the Cigarette and seem to take a lot of crap for not giving anyone rides. I don't care, when I do take people for rides, I'm reminded within minutes of how annoying passengers can be. When running fast, I don't want to be distracted or told to slow down.

After years of dealing with all the above comments, I'd just rather run solo.

I do enjoy boating with my dog Lucy in her 22 Pachanga

Last edited by Biggus; 05-02-2013 at 06:51 AM.
Old 05-02-2013, 07:07 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

=Biggest pet peeve is smoking on the boat. Yrs back, my boatracer neighbor's skanky whore, three inch cameltoe girlfriend burned a hole in my brand new Baja seat... Why is there always one guy who can't go any length of time without lighting up. Last summer, one friend popped a cig into his mouth and I told him no.. Minutes later, he's hanging over the side, sneaking a but, holding it right over the tank vent... Bogus.
Old 05-02-2013, 11:58 AM
Registered

forgot about the being told to slow down, took my fiance's parents out with us last year, they couldnt wait to get back to the dock. it was a busy day so the lake was choppy, we were running 55ish just having a ball with her parents screaming slow down the whole time. YOU asked to come on MY boat, i will run as damn fast as i please
Old 05-02-2013, 12:32 PM
Registered

You guys have covered just about everything but here goes my two to add

1. If you pull up next to me on the beach and my wife and her friends are in pasties sunbathing ,I do not care if you have kids on your boat you decided to park right next to me , no I will not ask them to put tops on.

2. If the same situation arises and you dont like the level of or type of music Im playing no I will not turn it down or off for you. Once again you chose to park next to me , if the music bothers you park somewhere else.
Old 05-02-2013, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Originally Posted by 09zkrankin
forgot about the being told to slow down, took my fiance's parents out with us last year, they couldnt wait to get back to the dock. it was a busy day so the lake was choppy, we were running 55ish just having a ball with her parents screaming slow down the whole time. YOU asked to come on MY boat, i will run as damn fast as i please
How old are they ?
Old 05-02-2013, 01:46 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Tug Life
Suprised mittens didnt say this one: When you are docked at a restaraunt and you are eating in plain site of some idiot on the dock that sends his kid onto your boat to honk your horn because noone is looking.
Holy ****! He didn't tell me about that.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Registered

Yea man, we where docked up at Winzens oyster house, and this 7-10 year old jumps on my boat and honks the horn.... i walked down there to find the kid/ parent for a some good cussing and finger pointing and there was no defiant way to figure out who did it.... but very odd.
Old 05-02-2013, 02:01 PM
Registered

DO UNTO OTHERS......
IM IN MY 22' VELOCITY AT THE DOCK IN CAPE CANAVERAL. A GUY AND 4 FRIENDS COME IN FROM ON THE OCEAN ,,NICE GUY -GIVES ME A HEADS UP THAT ITS PRETTY SLOPPY BEYOND THE JETTY- 3'-5''S
SO I SAY THANKS, I'LL GO UP THE RIVER AND ICW
FEW MINUTES LATER HE STARTS LECTURING ME ON NOT HAVING JACKETS ON - I ASSURE HIM WE HAVE THEM ON BOARD -YET HE CONTINUES-YA REALLY SHOULD HAVE THEM ON,BLAH,BLAH
FINALLY I LOOK TO HIS BOAT AND BUDDIES WITH BEERS IN HAND,UNLOADING MORE BEER THAN FISHING GEAR AND NO PFD'S AND ASK WHERE ARE YOURS -I NOTICED YOU DID'NT HAVE THEM ON WHEN YOU CAME IN? -
OH, THERE IN THE CABIN,WHY?
YOUR IN A 24' CC, STANDING UP IN 3-5' SEAS, DRINKING BEER. NO JACKETS ON AND YOUR LECTURING ME?!
LETS JUST SAY THE CONVERSATION WENT DOWN HILL FROM THERE

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.