Pet Peeve's while on your boat?

Notices

Pet Peeve's while on your boat?

Old 04-23-2013, 02:30 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
I think its a pet peeve to not clue your friends into proper etiquete. To complain about them not offering to chip in is BS. If you want them to bring stuff or gas money just tell them. What? Your being nice by not saying anything (I never ask) but coming on here and talking about your friends behind their back? Thats stupid.

Maybe the reason they cant chip in to go on your boat is the same reasoin they dont have a boat. THey cant afford it. Dont get me wrong Im sure your friends can afford a case of beer but maybe not $200 in gas money for the day.
All the things I mentioned were told to the guilty parties face. I never said I did not tell them. Believe me, if I don't tell them my wife def will. lets not jump to conclusions here. I would say 90% of our friends that go out with us know boat etiquete. It's the few that have to be constantly reminded and some of them have never got an invite back out nor do we talk to anymore as they were just free loaders and not real friends. I'm sure we've all experienced a few of those in our time.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by GeeterB
Never had a problem with someone not bringing anything...I never have gone just to take a person out...it's always because I am going and if someone goes along...Not a problem..I was going anyway.
As for boaters? I have always been offered money for gas and beer if I am taking a boater with me...and I turn them down and simply ask for docking help if needed...and of course a ride in their boat sometime :-).
Everyone who has ever been on my boat I spend 5 minutes explaining the boat to them before we ever leave the dock...riding rules, no getting on or off back of boat while running, no smoking, docking procedures, where are the fire extinguishers, life preservers, and reassure them it's insured so if it catches fire I want them to abandon ship safely...I can get another boat.
I probably sound like a capt jagoff to some, but no ones every complained and I feel they need to know. After my little info session it's time to have fun.
Doesn't sound like captain jagoff to me, things can go to **** fast and people need to know what to do. When I take my kidz and their friends out they call me captain (haha) and do what I say to do, and have a ton of fun while doing it. Always asking when next boat trip will be. Being safe and organized has nothing to do with having a good time. Oh and ask before you dip into my Guiness
Old 04-23-2013, 02:37 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
Passenger:
Can you make sure Im back at the dock at 4:00 PM?

Me:
No.
THIS!
You knew you had something and didn't bother to tell me before hand..
Old 04-23-2013, 02:48 PM
Registered

Received 165 Likes on 65 Posts

I think you guys have covered the big ones but just one more thing that drives me crazy, now keep in mind I'm a lake boater in the summer, is when I'm backing into my slip everyone jumps up and runs to the side of the boat. I'm perfectly capable of backing into the slip if I can just see the dam thing. If I'm backing in with a strong tide current under me in Miami an extra set of hands can be a big help.
Old 04-23-2013, 02:49 PM
Registered

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by boats74
THIS!
You knew you had something and didn't bother to tell me before hand..
what could be more important than grass island in the middle of a hot july day?????
Old 04-23-2013, 03:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

glenncal...My kids laugh at me and call them my "safety measures" and giggle about it...but like yours they know what's up, they know I am out to have fun but being safe is part of it.
We always joke about 5 minutes before leaving and 15 minutes when we return I need everyones attention and do what I say...the rest of the time is spent having fun and being safe...and I get the same thing...when are we going again? Boating with kids is the best kind of boating imho.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

when people show up with a case of warm beer I make them put in one of the fishboxes and buy enough ice from the marina to chill it.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:50 PM
bwd
Registered

Originally Posted by kreed
Passenger:
Can you make sure Im back at the dock at 4:00 PM?

Me:
No.
Perfect! Most of my friends knew I wasn't comin back till I was good and ready.
Messy food. A friend I tuna fished with, outlawed potato chips as it would stain his teak deck for 2 months
Old 04-23-2013, 03:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by bwd
Perfect! Most of my friends knew I wasn't comin back till I was good and ready.
Messy food. A friend I tuna fished with, outlawed potato chips as it would stain his teak deck for 2 months
LOL,it does!!!Saw a guy do His oil change and You could see the rings where He set the empty bottles,but He saved a couple bucks, every time I walked by His boat I pointed them out.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:56 PM
Registered

Default Fixx

+100 ^^^^^^ all the above...

How about when you invite someone and they invite their friends and their friends invite their friends and so on,,one weekend i had like 10 people show up on top of the 6 i already had going with me...well guess what i told them all to go home and guess who was the a$$hole?Also it drives me nuts when someone puts their sandle on the side of your boat when getting on it,,cant read nakkid feet only!!!!! i ask which car is yours??? so i walk on the hood of their car with my rock imbeded sandals on,,guess who was the a$$hole..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.