Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Pet Peeve's while on your boat? >

Pet Peeve's while on your boat?

Notices

Pet Peeve's while on your boat?

Old 04-23-2013, 01:09 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Never had a problem with someone not bringing anything...I never have gone just to take a person out...it's always because I am going and if someone goes along...Not a problem..I was going anyway.
As for boaters? I have always been offered money for gas and beer if I am taking a boater with me...and I turn them down and simply ask for docking help if needed...and of course a ride in their boat sometime :-).
Everyone who has ever been on my boat I spend 5 minutes explaining the boat to them before we ever leave the dock...riding rules, no getting on or off back of boat while running, no smoking, docking procedures, where are the fire extinguishers, life preservers, and reassure them it's insured so if it catches fire I want them to abandon ship safely...I can get another boat.
I probably sound like a capt jagoff to some, but no ones every complained and I feel they need to know. After my little info session it's time to have fun.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:12 PM
Registered

Received 735 Likes on 330 Posts

Except in an emergency cell phones are not to be used on my boat. That includes me, my wife and any guest.

and

Poop before you leave home.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:22 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I agree with Sommer, be on time. I tell everyone if the boats leaving at 10 it can't leave without me but it can and will leave without you! Especially a super hot day roasting at the dock.

A few others that crack me up are:

I always say to bring whatever you like to drink, not what is the cheapest and drink mine, don't bring anything that you would not want spilled on your own living room carpet, don't even think about lighting up a cigarette because if you would not do it in your mom's house this is my house, and when you are asked to do something for safety reasons don't talk back (especially when the water patrol is trying to do a safety check lol)!

Boating is suppose to be fun right!!!
Old 04-23-2013, 01:25 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

1. People late to the dock/ramp
2. I keep my boat at my Dad's waterfront restaurant on the weekends. People have called up on their way and said "Hey, can you order me a turkey club? Thanks." Of course they know I'm not going to ask them to pay.
3. People that have been out with me multiple times adn still can't tie a line around a cleat.
4. Not bringing enough beer
5. Shoes/sandlas on me seats
6. Smoking
Old 04-23-2013, 01:26 PM
Registered

Gas, money, beer, etc could be considered payment for services and now you are "for hire" which has another whole set of rules as far as liability. I know- I would never take any one out on my boat that I think would sue me either but I bet there are a bunch of people out there that have said the same thing. Welcome to America 2013 Edition...

Originally Posted by MonkeySea2
Mine is actually a little of the opposite: when people bring too much "stuff".
+1. When I ask if you want to go out on my boat I also ask what you would like to drink. I will get that, fill the boat with fuel, ice, snacks and ask you only bring yourselves.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:27 PM
Registered

Late to the doc..... or calling while I am waiting, and show up with food, that i know you stopped for after calling me...

sometimes gas money would be nice, but for the most part I will take them buying the beer.

not lessening to me about something i am particular about like, make sure you don't have mud/sand on your feet when you get back in the boat. oh my bad i forgot...... well **** you and my carpet!

or smoking, i ask that you do it on the swim plat form, because no matter how careful **** happens..... then when and if i light one, they think its ok.... No its not. its my boat i don't yell at my self if i **** it up.

for the most part I like to do the work, my self, as I am anal about the boat.

Luckily 90% of my friends aer boating friends and have there own boat. so none of this is a issue other then 2-3 buddy's. so I cant complain to much.

but yes NUMBER ONE THING. I need to be back at the dock. 90% of the time, I am not coming back until the next day.....
Old 04-23-2013, 01:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by JRider
Real deal
Duuude, you have 3 cracks on your hull!

Haha... nice shot
Old 04-23-2013, 01:56 PM
Registered

Not taking your shoes off and stepping all over the vinyl sun pad and seats. Have a good friend that I got into a big argument about this after he did it the third time. Told him I don't go to your house and jump on your couch with my shoes on. He got so pissed he took the ferry home.
Old 04-23-2013, 01:59 PM
Registered

Received 72 Likes on 39 Posts

I don't have any friends just new women on occassion. I also like running 70+ conditions allowing so.........if they (chicas) don't like fast then......
Old 04-23-2013, 02:18 PM
Registered

People trying to help launch, dock or tie up. I can do it better and more efficiently myself.

Being late to launch. I usually give a time earlier than I plan on leaving for the time dumb people. And yes I have left without.

My boat my money my time. Don't keep looking at the time because I will pull anchor when I want to leave.

I am lucky. Most of my friends have boats and we know eachothers pet peeves.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.