Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
2 New 500ci. motors underway >

2 New 500ci. motors underway

Notices

2 New 500ci. motors underway

Old 08-13-2014, 10:04 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys can bash all you want however with us having those motors built twice before to only last 3 hrs on the water, whites engines are working very well. I am aware of procomp parts as well. Whites used non of my parts and used all his own that they know what works and will last. Mild thunder you mentioned a water test. Whites took us out to the lake twice in a weekend so we could run the boat to make sure of no issues before we brought it home.I ran those engines to 6000rpms without issues for almost a minute without a issue! With mr. White by my side. You guys can bash the parts all you want but they are working and lasting! I have put appx. 10hrs a weekend on the engines every weekend for the last month enjoying the hell out of it!! We are pleased and that is all that matters! Once we get the HIN sorted out I will focus again on the prop selection and getting the speed where it need to be. Btw the only procomp parts on the motor are the heads and they are 330cc. Everything else is comp cams, eagle, wiseco, arp, etc
Old 08-13-2014, 10:11 AM
Registered

Received 516 Likes on 306 Posts

Originally Posted by rmbuilder
Fountain,

Would you be willing to post any data regarding the validation of the engines? A time stamped dyno sheet, preferably with Fuel (A+B) and BSFC streams would be helpful.

Bob
Don't hold your breath. They make 650hp, duh he said so. Proof? He said so.
Old 08-13-2014, 10:14 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I forgot to add that the procomp heads have had all the valve guides and seats replaced. So basic just the casting is used. It may not be a superior casting compared to others but with all the hardware changed out I was fine with the heads.
Old 08-13-2014, 05:25 PM
Registered

Received 4,326 Likes on 1,241 Posts

They were "extensively" dynoed. Any good builder should provide a dyno sheet no questions asked. Why not post it?
Old 08-13-2014, 06:00 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rmbuilder
Fountain,

Would you be willing to post any data regarding the validation of the engines? A time stamped dyno sheet, preferably with Fuel (A+B) and BSFC streams would be helpful.

Bob
That is the most polite and professional bull$hit callout I have ever seen.