It's back.......06 TG, former submarine

Notices

It's back.......06 TG, former submarine

Old 05-06-2013, 08:59 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 798 Likes on 366 Posts

Originally Posted by Rambocj7
Excuse me?! You know nothing about me or what Im capable of doing. I dont need fancy snap-on tools to build or repair a boat: since when is that a pre-requisite?

I was merely posting an experience I had with a boat that sank. I didnt think I would get flamed for all the surroundings. Am surprised you didnt comment on the camera angle too, obviously it wasnt taken with a fancy Nikkon on a tripod.

Its a**holes like you that diminish the usefullness of forums. Would love to see you broken down on the water and drive right by you with boat full of chinese tools...
Drive right by him on the trail with your Cat after he blows his last belt too!!!
Old 05-06-2013, 09:04 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man have to agree, what is up with the forums lately? The bashing doesn't ever stop, it's like people love to start **** just for something to do. Hard to JUDGE anyone without meeting them first!
Old 05-07-2013, 05:34 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Rambocj7
Excuse me?! You know nothing about me or what Im capable of doing. I dont need fancy snap-on tools to build or repair a boat: since when is that a pre-requisite?

I was merely posting an experience I had with a boat that sank. I didnt think I would get flamed for all the surroundings. Am surprised you didnt comment on the camera angle too, obviously it wasnt taken with a fancy Nikkon on a tripod.

Its a**holes like you that diminish the usefullness of forums. Would love to see you broken down on the water and drive right by you with boat full of chinese tools...
Excuse Me,I was joking,snap on tools aren't "Fancy" but the cheap tools can round off the soft stainless hardware in a boat and cause more trouble then their worth,and in my "discussion"in the discussion forum was that usually boat rot is due to neglect,sorry if I upset You,and just to help You I would get the trim lines Your standing on out of the way and put a guard on the grinding wheel that Your cutting wood with,again I'm sorry I hurt anyone's feelings,good luck on Your project.P.S. hoping I break down?really? Now to respond back like You did.(I was merely posting My experience with Chinese tools and its a**holes like You that buy overseas crap and put American Companies in jeopardy to save a few bucks,Sorry,just stating what I saw in the pictures You posted in a public forum,didn't think I would get flamed.)

Last edited by Flyin-Bryan; 05-07-2013 at 06:27 AM.
Old 05-07-2013, 07:56 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 24 Posts

In recent years, this site has turned into a giant drama fest and has long lost credibility in the marine industry.

Sadly most of the menbers who posted revelant information have either stopped posting or moved on altogether. There were once very brilliant minds here to learn from.

It makes me sick that the majority of posts are worthless drama filled drivel...

Kurt
Old 05-07-2013, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

<=== Far from brilliant mind, that's why I play with boats and drink rum.
Old 05-07-2013, 08:47 AM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,053 Likes on 277 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggus
In recent years, this site has turned into a giant drama fest and has long lost credibility in the marine industry.

Sadly most of the menbers who posted revelant information have either stopped posting or moved on altogether. There were once very brilliant minds here to learn from.

It makes me sick that the majority of posts are worthless drama filled drivel...

Kurt
Your 100% right. Especially the credibility part. If your getting your facts and figures from OSO these days, your marina might laugh at you. Its turned into "I heard it on the internet from some guy ive never met" instead of "A FRIEND of mine on OSO who has REAL experience with this pointed me in the right direction"
Old 05-07-2013, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

bunch of haters on here lately . I don't even bother to post
Anymore . Seems you have to watch what you say word for
Word or you get hammered .
Old 05-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 15 Posts

You need Sunkin to come back..
Old 05-07-2013, 09:43 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by smokin' gun
bunch of haters on here lately . I don't even bother to post
Anymore . Seems you have to watch what you say word for
Word or you get hammered .
Yep... a-holes like flyin-bryan really ruin this place. Rambocj7, make a thread in the GD im sure there are tons of people (myself included) that would love to follow your project with your "chinese" tools!
Old 05-07-2013, 09:45 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by brian41
Salt water boats suck to work on wether they sank or not. The stain"less" even needs replacing to make then nice. Over the past 3 years my shop has seen more and more slat water boats coming north and the headaches they bring with them. We had one from NY 2 years ago that we had to use a sawzall to remove the engine from its mounts. Giving any kind of estimate on tear down time can leave you short on $$$$ and plan on restoring or replacing EVERTHING thats no plastic or rubber.

This mount was from a boat "only used in brackish water"
Mine doesn't suck to work on. The Mount you show is a result of negligence and poor maintenance, not just salt water.

I can assure you none of my mounts look like that and frankly if you go to any of the poker runs around here nothing in ANYONE's bilge looks like that.

There are people who take care of their boats and people who neglect them regardless of salt or fresh.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.