It's back.......06 TG, former submarine >

It's back.......06 TG, former submarine

Notices

It's back.......06 TG, former submarine

Old 05-07-2013, 09:58 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by seafordguy
Mine doesn't suck to work on. The Mount you show is a result of negligence and poor maintenance, not just salt water.

I can assure you none of my mounts look like that and frankly if you go to any of the poker runs around here nothing in ANYONE's bilge looks like that.

There are people who take care of their boats and people who neglect them regardless of salt or fresh.
I agree, the lake guys are so afraid of salt water it's almost laughable. It's an OFFSHORE boat, they are meant to be run in the ocean. It would be like if I was buying a four wheeler and complained when it had been used in the woods.....
Old 05-07-2013, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mastercraft240
Yep... a-holes like flyin-bryan really ruin this place. Rambocj7, make a thread in the GD im sure there are tons of people (myself included) that would love to follow your project with your "chinese" tools!
O.k.,I will say this one more time for the Guys like You that are only here to start drama and start personal attacks,it was a joke,I said it in good fun hence the ,and then the Drama Nazi's showed up to make it more then it is,are You that slow You can't You see a little friendly ribbing?now come back read this and think about it,reply with some more name calling and add more Drama.Again,it was a joke.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:14 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 302Sport
I agree, the lake guys are so afraid of salt water it's almost laughable. It's an OFFSHORE boat, they are meant to be run in the ocean. It would be like if I was buying a four wheeler and complained when it had been used in the woods.....
Your funny. I wouldn't have any issues running in the ocean if I lived near one. But to be honest I would lose interest real fast and my boating habits would change. There is no fun in flushing and washing down every time you get back. F that! My time is more important to me.
I use my sisters o/b console when in Naples. Pretty simple to keep clean. The PP would be broomed and a console would replace it.
Old 05-07-2013, 11:24 AM
Registered

Received 292 Likes on 138 Posts

Originally Posted by POWERPLAY J
Your funny. I wouldn't have any issues running in the ocean if I lived near one. But to be honest I would lose interest real fast and my boating habits would change. There is no fun in flushing and washing down every time you get back. F that! My time is more important to me.
I use my sisters o/b console when in Naples. Pretty simple to keep clean. The PP would be broomed and a console would replace it.
It's funny that you say that because I keep telling myself at the end of every summer that the next boat I get will be a center console that gets hosed out when I'm done with it. But, there's something about the roar of a big block I can't get away from...
Old 05-07-2013, 12:06 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Totally agree with your last sentence Adam. But I just don't have the motivation I did ten years ago. Call it lazy but I am not cut out for the salt life.
Old 05-07-2013, 12:50 PM
Registered

Received 341 Likes on 119 Posts

Clean up in salt water is more work than fresh but I don't think it takes any more time to flush and wipe down my boat after a run in the Gulf than it does to shovel my driveway up north after 2 inches of snow.

It took me years to come to grips with putting a perfectly good boat in saltwater but after finally buying a canal home in SW Florida my only regret is that I waited so long.
Old 05-07-2013, 02:00 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn
Clean up in salt water is more work than fresh but I don't think it takes any more time to flush and wipe down my boat after a run in the Gulf than it does to shovel my driveway up north after 2 inches of snow.

It took me years to come to grips with putting a perfectly good boat in saltwater but after finally buying a canal home in SW Florida my only regret is that I waited so long.
Who shovels 2" of snow? I'm tired of the rain... Why can't the 80 degree summer weather just come and stay

Last edited by Sunny32SSR; 05-07-2013 at 02:03 PM.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:22 AM
Registered

Yep... a-holes like flyin-bryan really ruin this place. Rambocj7, make a thread in the GD im sure there are tons of people (myself included) that would love to follow your project with your "chinese" tools!
My apologies, I didn't see this the original post was a joke. My fault for not reading through. Now I look like the dumbass. Again, my apology Flyin-Bryn.
Old 05-08-2013, 08:56 AM
Registered

My apologies, I didn't see this the original post was a joke. My fault for not reading through. Now I look like the dumbass. Again, my apology Flyin-Bryn.
No problem,I know it's hard to read some posts clearly if You just blow through them.
Old 05-08-2013, 10:44 AM
Rough Seas Lie Ahead
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Biggus
In recent years, this site has turned into a giant drama fest and has long lost credibility in the marine industry.

It makes me sick that the majority of posts are worthless drama filled drivel...Kurt
That's exactly what everyone I know sez about OSO who all have been heavy posters since it's inception. Seems since Facebook and Twitter has taken off folks think every statement has to be in the form of sarcasm, insults or uneducated guessing.

With reference to fresh vs salt water, the biggest destroyer on the "engine compartment" area or the guts, is MOISTURE. A tablespoon of water in the bilge over a long period of time creates humidity. Humidity is the nemesis of anything metal. Motor mounts, oil pans, starters, drive/tab pumps etc. etc. will corrode from uncontrolled MOISTURE.

So unless your boat is being swamped by huge waves, or your passengers are sunbathing on your motors after climbbing back in the boat soaking wet from the ocean waters, what type of water you operate in only mildly makes a difference.....it's the MOISTURE fellas. Of course the caveat is how well the owner babies his toys. If you're lazy or don;t give a crap, fresh water left unchecked will rust a boat to hell too.

Moral of the story....keep your bilges dry, and control the humidity when it's covered up regardless if it's under a roof or not....Prost!

Last edited by Reckless32; 05-08-2013 at 10:48 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.