Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
silent choice switch off= closed. how to switch off= open?? >

silent choice switch off= closed. how to switch off= open??

Notices

silent choice switch off= closed. how to switch off= open??

Old 05-11-2013, 02:29 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I had over 50 sets of the diverters from Baja at 1 time and 3 of the sets had the flap closed with no power to solenoids. They were built opposite of the others and I could not change them without cutting off, relocating the solenoid bracket and re-clocking the flap arms so I did not touch them and sold them as closed with switch off systems.
Old 05-11-2013, 02:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by nailit
Well, I guess the scotchguard I put on the tops worked.. dry already even with all the rain.

So good and bad!!

As i was checking out how the actuators work, found the sb outer actuator was not bolted down!! So it was staying closed when i ran it last weekend which could explain why I was off about 1-200 rpms on that motor and why I could only pull 64-5 out of her!! Ran 68 when I seatrialed her the weekend before with 3 guys instead of me and wify.

The bad news is it actually uses a electromagnet to draw in the cylinder and it looks like the lever is pressed onto the shaft or is 1 piece so i don't see how I can adjust without buying parts.. Corsa website says it supposed to be off/open so I don't know what happened.

Does anyone have any pics of their setup so i can see if mine was setup differently when they put the new motors back in???

Thanks
I can't take picture of mine cause its raining, but mine are set up exactly like yours on my 1998 29 Outlaw.... switch has to be ON for the exhaust to be open...
Old 05-11-2013, 07:13 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by rumrunner29
I can't take picture of mine cause its raining, but mine are set up exactly like yours on my 1998 29 Outlaw.... switch has to be ON for the exhaust to be open...
Thanks.. I guess they did put it back the same way.. guess I'm stuck..

Well at least I found the actualtor that has vibrated loose..
Old 05-11-2013, 10:50 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Before going to alot of trouble, verify that power to the solenoids is removed when the key is turned off, regardless of how they are switched with power applied. I'd be really surprised that there is 12v to them with the key off.
Old 05-11-2013, 11:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by US1 Fountain
Before going to alot of trouble, verify that power to the solenoids is removed when the key is turned off, regardless of how they are switched with power applied. I'd be really surprised that there is 12v to them with the key off.
Thanks, but they work with key off.. I was cycling it today after i fixed the one that was unbolted.

But, I was thinking about pulling power from the ign on side of the switch! Then when you turn that key off, it would kill power to that switch??

Question is... would be draw too much off that switch?
Old 05-12-2013, 01:36 AM
Registered

Ours are different there.....mine do not work with the key off.....when I turn off the key to the starboard engine, both diverters shut....
Old 05-12-2013, 02:13 AM
Custom Interiors & More

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As Brian said Corsa originally made there systems to be Off/closed to Off/open at some point after the 2000 model year. The power should come from the ignition and not direct from the battery. The only thing direct to the battery switch should be the auto bilge float.

If I remember correct the reason they switched to Off/open was for HP500+ power that cannot be restricted thru the hub at higher RPM's. Meaning the system will only power (closed) at lower RPM and stay, or open at higher R's and not restrict the engine exhaust. Bottom line is give Corsa a call, but it will probably cost you to convert it.

XT
Old 05-12-2013, 07:13 AM
Registered

I can relate to this on my last boat, 91 260. With exhaust switch on, and key off, power to exhaust still energized keeping them open. I would have to remember to turn the exhaust switch off when stopped. I did burn up a solenoid once by forgetting to do this. Noticed smoke coming from side vents and thought engine was on fire. Ended up unhooking them and just wiring them open all the time for a couple of years until I called Corsa and ordered replacements.
Old 05-12-2013, 09:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by XT-Innovator
As Brian said Corsa originally made there systems to be Off/closed to Off/open at some point after the 2000 model year. The power should come from the ignition and not direct from the battery. The only thing direct to the battery switch should be the auto bilge float.

If I remember correct the reason they switched to Off/open was for HP500+ power that cannot be restricted thru the hub at higher RPM's. Meaning the system will only power (closed) at lower RPM and stay, or open at higher R's and not restrict the engine exhaust. Bottom line is give Corsa a call, but it will probably cost you to convert it.

XT
Thanks for input.. first thing is to check why power is on w/key.. I can deal with the key energizing the switch if I leave it on..

It was weird b/c the rest of the dash is by the ignition on sb side.

Thanks!!!!
Old 05-12-2013, 10:06 AM
Registered
VIP Member

So if you were to leave them switched I guess we would call it on (thru hull) then leave for say a day or maybe even overnight your battery just might be dead when you get back. Now if the boat happens to be in the water and has even a small leak your boat is gonna sink. You really do need to tie that into the key so that can't happen to you. Like was said be for you need to be sure that they really are powered to switch to thru hull.

Oh yea good luck !!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.