Family Performance Cuddy Advice >

Family Performance Cuddy Advice

Notices

Family Performance Cuddy Advice

Old 06-11-2013, 12:37 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by low_psi
While that Envision does offer a ton of seating for it's size, with a single 6.2L motor in that floating tank I'd be shocked if it runs 45 MPH... That is a BIG boat for a single 6.2L........
Notice I said you need one with a 496 MAG HO and that the ad was simply to show the layout of the boat. Yes, I've driven them with a 6.2 MPI and they are a pig with that power.
Old 06-11-2013, 12:54 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...BaJ9p3hnqSu3Lg

I think this is a members boat - I believe they have since added boost, but this is a beautiful boat. You could fit 8 in there, but would be tight.
Old 06-11-2013, 03:13 PM
Registered

Getting 8 to sit down will be difficult especially under 30K and not looking at the bowrider.If your budget were higher I would say look at Formulas. I'm not sure on your "boating dynamics" but I thought I wanted more seating space on my previous boat (bowrider) and looked at countless solutions. After having the boat for 6 months I realized that 70% of the time it was just me and the wife. 25% of the time we just had 2 maybe 3 people with us. 5% of the time people sat up front.

I finally just snapped and said I am going to buy the boat I want and not try to cater to the "what if".

I will say this too, if I had 8 people on the deck, in a performace boat even if it could hold it I don't think my sanity could.

just my .02
Old 06-13-2013, 11:10 AM
Registered

Thanks for all the tips and suggestions.

I am pretty savy mechanically, but getting a pro to look isn't a bad idea.

I love the Velocity SC...but hard to find and a bit pricey.

I have not mentioned budget...the 30 was size. I am trying to figure out what it costs to get what I am looking for. Under 50k would be nice, but I understand what I am looking for is not cheap. I am flexible with age as long as its clean and mechanically sound. My current ride is a 97 I bought 3 years ago and can't complain. Saved a ton by sacrificing age. But up here in the mid west boats are stored 7mo a year so usually can find something. But seems like the models I like that have most of what I want are on the higher side.
Old 06-13-2013, 11:15 AM
Registered

Looks like the Envision Concept is close...although I would miss the sun deck...but would need to find one with at least a 496HO then blow it to get there. There are not many at all out there though.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:59 PM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Originally Posted by BADS335
Looks like the Envision Concept is close...although I would miss the sun deck...but would need to find one with at least a 496HO then blow it to get there. There are not many at all out there though.
Most were built with single a 7.4L, 7.4L MPI, or 6.2 MPI.
Old 06-13-2013, 01:19 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by BADS335
I thought this was going to be your ticket as I remembered it had "alternative" seating and configuration. I forgot that it had nearly no seating.

http://www.cgmarineinternational.com...hotos/1951462/

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502556[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=CONFIG]502557[/ATTACH]

Cue the peanut gallery!!
Attached Thumbnails Family Performance Cuddy Advice-ca_800.jpg   Family Performance Cuddy Advice-pg_800.jpg  
Old 06-13-2013, 03:12 PM
Registered

I just picked up a 2001 Powerquest 280, it will run 65 all day with 502 mag probably 68 if you find a 496 boat. They can be had with fridge, porta poty, and sink on some models. I can fit 6 adults comfortably in the cockpit and my wife and I have no problem in the sleeping quarters with the bed and 2 couches. It has plenty of storage space and the cockpit offers quite a bit more room than the Baja's, Formula's, and Fountain's of comparable size. The only problem is there are not many out there for sale, but are definitely in your price range.
Old 06-13-2013, 03:53 PM
Registered

I picked up a 03 silencer 280 few months ago, Cockpit area is much more roomier than any other performance boat I looked at. Mine has the 496ho 425 hp motor. So far Ive only run it with a full tank, not sure of the exact capacity but I guess its 80+ gallons, but it does 68 all day with 2 people and that full tank, saw 70 once with a light chop and just me and the dog( large german shepherd). Ive had 6 people in there comfortably and ran 64, first time out packed her full with 7 adults, 4 on the back bench, 2 in the front 2 bolsters and one standing in limbo. Still ran 63-64

How often are you going to have 8 on board? And how long are you gonna be in motion with 8? You could always have the extra 2 guests sit on coolers/standing or down below on the couches for the short ride out to the beach, because after that people end up all over on the bow, the sundeck, in the water, on other boats and who knows where else....

Like Jway said the silencer 280 is one of the roomiest performance boats i looked at, on the fountains and a few other brands there didnt appear to be as much room inbetween the front bolster seats and behind them and the bench. Just my view not bashing.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:49 AM
Registered

The 280 Silencer sounds like a really good solution. Great looking boat, great reputation, looks like it has most of what I am looking for. There is actually one not too far from me that would be ideal. Private seller though so cannot trade. But may be able to at least look at it and show the wife.

I would not try to top out with that many people on board. Just want to be able to get there with one or two people. I could put a blower on it and hit 80 if I wanted to.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.