Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Have you weighed your boat lately? >

Have you weighed your boat lately?

Notices

Have you weighed your boat lately?

Old 05-29-2013, 11:35 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

You guys with these fancy new trucks and top speed numbers are depressing me. My 1990's equipment is really looking lackluster now.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:42 AM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Since we were talking about strippers and kilo's in the bed of the truck, here you go.
Attached Thumbnails Have you weighed your boat lately?-tundrabedbouncefix-small.jpg  
Old 05-29-2013, 11:44 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
You guys with these fancy new trucks and top speed numbers are depressing me. My 1990's equipment is really looking lackluster now.
I love your boat Joey!!!!! Old school muscle!!!!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:45 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Since we were talking about strippers and kilo's in the bed of the truck, here you go.
Could be a new kilo record. I can't believe that truck is not squatting! It must have been the same truck they used for the Shuttle commercial.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by teamsynergy
I'm content with my speeds lol...

Also, the room I have, albeit a 31' boat, is great to other said boats of the same size... I like the fact it has air, heat, refer, microwave, vacu-flush head, flat screen, and still functions like I want it to...
That is an extremely impressive speed for that hull. Congrats.

And I am we'll aware of the ammentities in a sonic cabin, in fact I was in the market for a 386 when I found my fountain. Wasnt aware that you could make a sonic that fast!
Old 05-29-2013, 11:50 AM
Registered

Ya, tell your wife no more rides home....the tundra did not like it
Old 05-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by 4bus
Ya, tell your wife no more rides home....the tundra did not like it
Thats just being a d!ck.....
Old 05-29-2013, 12:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
2012 F250 Diesel. 4bus its pretty obvious that towing is a sore subject to you since you are towing something way to heavy for your boat. Quit being an internet bully and move on!
Internet bully? No, I am defending myself against name calling and the Internet police worried about what I am doing.

Way too heavy, again if it felt unsafe I wouldn't be doing it. But paper tells all huh? I have purposely but my truck in fake evasive manuveors on the highway to see how it would react. Something I would have attempted with my crew can 2010 f250 srw 5.4, that truck just felt unsafe. But go figure, the f250 was rated at a whopping 9600lbs towing, something. I should have checked before purchase.

I'm gonna go rip some tags off unsold mattresses, to give you guys something new to talk about. Btw towing a boat at 15 is illegal, what were you thinking? Should we start a new thread about that?

Seeing that we are bragging, I used to be an equipment. Rep for snap on and towed a car hauler full of equipment 50k miles a year for 6 straight years, not too mention being a boat owner for 20 years now.

I will admit there is a prob a better choice for a tow vehicle for me, but for a tow vehicle and a daily driver I believe I am driving the best overall choice that fits all my needs at this time. Most tows at exactly .1 miles to my lake which I live on. And my long tows are 100 miles tto the 1000 islands, which I am doing this weekend and have complete confidence in.

So just to recap for the captive audience. Truck has air bags, big brakes, class 5 hitch, and lt 10 ply tires. I'm thinking about getting an even smaller truck just to keep the thread going? How about one of those s-10 blazers?

I will weigh the whole rig on Friday and post back with pics for ya'll, I am curious.

Mild thunder, you're a trouble maker...get back in the magic room
Old 05-29-2013, 12:09 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by endeavor1
Thats just being a d!ck.....
No, I was smiling when I typed it?? What I wrote to sommerfliesby was me being a dick

When did everyone become so sensitive on here? I guess I'm guilty of it to, maybe typing is taken the wrong way? I have only ever bad mad on this site once, the green engine thread. Besides that I am laughing the whole time, I just assume others are to...but maybe not?

Sorry if I offended anyone with my typing. If I have truly offended with you with my choice of tow vehicle, I could give a flying $&@"
Old 05-29-2013, 12:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine
2012 F250 Diesel. 4bus its pretty obvious that towing is a sore subject to you since you are towing something way to heavy for your boat. Quit being an internet bully and move on!

Hmm. Ok let's analyze....sydwayz?

What is the true weight of your boat a trailer, loaded with a full portapotty?

Crew cab srw? What hitch? (My f350 HD edt diesel came with a. Class 3 for some reason)

What does you truck come in at, with all your stuff in it?

If I was a lawyer could I find fault in your rig if you wiped out on the highway? Give some thought to that.

You guys should thank me in reality. I give merit to the ongoing hot topic here on oso. I mean, how could we talk about this if EVERYONE was towing within their rated capacity. For those that are I commend you, and will send each of you a free cookie if you pm me your address. For those that are not, don't be afraid to chime in, this is a discussion site and I could use some company...I know our out there, I see it every day.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.