Have you weighed your boat lately? >

Have you weighed your boat lately?

Notices

Have you weighed your boat lately?

Old 05-28-2013, 03:05 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Wow! Look how touchy people are! Lol.

Joe...my in-laws saw the Mild Thunder when they were looking at townhouses in Lemont this weekend! Hope to see you on the water soon!

Where can I get my rig weighed?
Old 05-28-2013, 03:07 PM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,193 Likes on 518 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Truck stop or a dump/recycle facility.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:29 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Better not take an AT to a dump...they may want to keep it.......
Old 05-28-2013, 03:50 PM
Registered

Received 4,249 Likes on 1,225 Posts

Before I bought the X I test drove and looked at a Tundra and found it to be quite a truck.Interior was awesome .. Brakes were HUGE! I just remember being impressed with the hardware it had.
Old 05-28-2013, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by sommerfliesby
Wow! Look how touchy people are! Lol.

Joe...my in-laws saw the Mild Thunder when they were looking at townhouses in Lemont this weekend! Hope to see you on the water soon!

I did see a couple cruising by very slowly, and seemed awfully nosey....They shoulda stopped, I could have gave them a tour of the house and subdivision.

As for weighing your rig mike, one of those truck stops off 80 and grant st has a cat scale I think . 10 bucks
Old 05-28-2013, 04:10 PM
Registered

Received 71 Likes on 39 Posts

Wasn't trying to pick on the Tundra's 4buz . My buddy has one and its a nice unit. I was not impressed with its suspension though. One time we hooked my beaker to it to move it around the warehouse. I was like WTF, is this thing gonna stop squatting when lowering it onto the hitch.

Then one time when I pulled my engines for rebuild time, we set one engine in his bed, one in my old dually. Fully rigged with trans and supercharger, etc. We set the engine in his truck with the forklift, again, squatted down a bunch, headlights pointing to the tree tops. Other engine we set in my dually, dropped an inch maybe. Got them back to the house, and had to unload with a cherry picker. While lifting the engine with the picker, the darn tundra bed kept going up, up, up, until we ran out of boom. We had to get a couple guys in the bed and bounce up and down to get the engine off it.

IDK if it was just his model, its a 07 or 08, I forget. But with that being said, I never pulled a trailer with it. Power wise the engine is super.

Factory tow ratings are a pile of $hit. They have become so inflated, its ridiculous. I remember when a F350 or K3500 one ton dually, with big brakes, big frames, big gas or diesels, huge springs, beefy tranny's, heavy duty rear ends, were rated for 10k lb trailer weight max. All of a sudden, the family grocery getters with independent rear suspensions, small engines, small rear ends, tiny axles, can now tow 8, 9, 10k +lb trailers according to their advertisements. So, I say, one must filter through the paper BS, and use common sense on what makes a safe tow vehicle.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:28 PM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

What about a 1984 S-10 blazer towing a 16' car trailer (empty) chained to a 40' motor home on the highway with one blown out front tire, yea on the rim. Well here it is. The motor home wasn't going to ride on the trailer so what do you do? That's right hook the chain to the trailer then to frame rail on the RV easy. About 6 miles of travail before reaching the highway front caliper is locking up brake pads are on fire, the engine cover is off you can see the rotor & fire. Approaching another red light no need to apply brakes on RV caliper is tight as dick hat band and on fire. Almost stopped and caliper releases RV runs over chain and wraps around tire, the brake is applied to late RV hits trailer. Light turns green S-10 takes off, it's hard to steer the RV with a chain wrapped around the outer tie rod and front axle and the caliper stuck again.Then the tire, it can't take the heat anymore it explodes. The S-10 never lets out of it. Going down a hill the caliper releases. Apply brakes, pedal hits the floor. Brake hose ruptured or burnt? Three miles from destination no tire, no brakes and tie rod chained off to axle(hard to steer). What would you ladies do in this situation? That's what I thought. Not them they took it all the way. The 1984 S-10 blazer did not like it but it did it.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:36 PM
Registered

Received 29 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MILD THUNDER
Wasn't trying to pick on the Tundra's 4buz . My buddy has one and its a nice unit. I was not impressed with its suspension though. One time we hooked my beaker to it to move it around the warehouse. I was like WTF, is this thing gonna stop squatting when lowering it onto the hitch.

Then one time when I pulled my engines for rebuild time, we set one engine in his bed, one in my old dually. Fully rigged with trans and supercharger, etc. We set the engine in his truck with the forklift, again, squatted down a bunch, headlights pointing to the tree tops. Other engine we set in my dually, dropped an inch maybe. Got them back to the house, and had to unload with a cherry picker. While lifting the engine with the picker, the darn tundra bed kept going up, up, up, until we ran out of boom. We had to get a couple guys in the bed and bounce up and down to get the engine off it.

IDK if it was just his model, its a 07 or 08, I forget. But with that being said, I never pulled a trailer with it. Power wise the engine is super.

Factory tow ratings are a pile of $hit. They have become so inflated, its ridiculous. I remember when a F350 or K3500 one ton dually, with big brakes, big frames, big gas or diesels, huge springs, beefy tranny's, heavy duty rear ends, were rated for 10k lb trailer weight max. All of a sudden, the family grocery getters with independent rear suspensions, small engines, small rear ends, tiny axles, can now tow 8, 9, 10k +lb trailers according to their advertisements. So, I say, one must filter through the paper BS, and use common sense on what makes a safe tow vehicle.
I had both my engines in the back of mine, I needed 90 lbs in the air bags that day for some reason I don't get any squat with the boat hooked up , and I have good tounge weight, but my trailer is longer than average.
I would never say payload capacity could match a DRW.

I don't understand the tow ratings either. My dad always had trucks around the business when I was growing up. The 1/2 tons rode like a truck, and the 3/4 tons would knock your filling out over a bump. Yet today's trucks are rated higher?

I am going to weigh my boat this year, I am very curious. And I understand your point. We would all be surprised when we weigh our trailers.
Old 05-28-2013, 04:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 30ftpanther
What about a 1984 S-10 blazer towing a 16' car trailer (empty) chained to a 40' motor home on the highway with one blown out front tire, yea on the rim. Well here it is. The motor home wasn't going to ride on the trailer so what do you do? That's right hook the chain to the trailer then to frame rail on the RV easy. About 6 miles of travail before reaching the highway front caliper is locking up brake pads are on fire, the engine cover is off you can see the rotor & fire. Approaching another red light no need to apply brakes on RV caliper is tight as dick hat band and on fire. Almost stopped and caliper releases RV runs over chain and wraps around tire, the brake is applied to late RV hits trailer. Light turns green S-10 takes off, it's hard to steer the RV with a chain wrapped around the outer tie rod and front axle and the caliper stuck again.Then the tire, it can't take the heat anymore it explodes. The S-10 never lets out of it. Going down a hill the caliper releases. Apply brakes, pedal hits the floor. Brake hose ruptured or burnt? Three miles from destination no tire, no brakes and tie rod chained off to axle(hard to steer). What would you ladies do in this situation? That's what I thought. Not them they took it all the way. The 1984 S-10 blazer did not like it but it did it.
Well this clears everything up.....
Old 05-28-2013, 04:47 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 30ftpanther
It sounds like you should go have sex with your 1984 S-10 blazer...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.