Notices

raystown lake

Old 08-12-2013, 02:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

No, this little 20' Stingray CC is white (black bottom paint) and without a clip-on. We were at the cliffs on Sat till 1ish, then headed back up to J2. We were looking for you as well.
We were off to the left at Shy Beaver when the 2) Cats came by on Sunday, then again later on up by J2.
I had my Lab in the boat on Sun, so we stayed out near the shore lines and way clear of all you folks.

Now its back to travel/work, surgeries, etc etc, and the Nova (hopefully) goes into paint before it gets too cold, Got all winter to rig it and get ready for next year.
Our hosts offered us a free weekend this fall at the house we rented up in Hesston, so we might take her up on it.

Other than a bad Coil on my Excursion, and a parking ticket up at Aitch, it was a great week. And those 2) things didnt get me down....what self-respecting Ford owner doesnt carry a spare coil with them?
TC-
Old 08-13-2013, 03:29 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Originally Posted by High Cetane
Well we got the nice weather today for sure...just that little shot of rain mid-afternoon.
Very cool to see your Cat out there, my daughter took some pics of it.
When the two boats left off from up past J2 in the afternoon, they sounded great.
Another great week at Raystown in the books......already looking forward to next year...and having the other boat done & here with us-
HC , so sorry I missed you . I guess that was your boat on the point just inside the No Wake , you waved and I thought I saw a camera . You should've mooned me or flipped me off to get my attention . Next time yell OSO . See you on the water......deep
Old 08-15-2013, 02:26 PM
Registered

Just looking for a little more information on the Saturday Poker Run... What time does it begin and what part of the lake will it be run on? Thanks.. We will probably see you out on the lake. Looks like pretty good weather for the weekend.
Tracy and Wil
Originally Posted by Scagburner
I'm going to do it for since it's for a good cause and I'm always looking for something to do. I already paid and got the information in the mail. We should run it together since we'll be amoung the few performance boats in the run.
Old 08-15-2013, 03:17 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Kobered , I believe the first card stop will be ready by 10:00 am . There is no real set start time so people may get going at there own leisure . Our gang is meeting up at 11:00 in the No Wake out from the gas docks at the Resort . You are welcome to run with us . I guess the poker run is going to pretty much involve the entire lake with stops at Snyders and Weavers Falls . As of now I hear around 175 boats have registered . Supposed to be a beautiful day and with that many boats it promises to be a hall of famer . See you on the water ......deep
Old 08-15-2013, 04:50 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kobered
Just looking for a little more information on the Saturday Poker Run... What time does it begin and what part of the lake will it be run on? Thanks.. We will probably see you out on the lake. Looks like pretty good weather for the weekend.
Tracy and Wil
Tracy/Will – it’s pretty much as Sam has described except the last card stop at the top end is on the back side of the old Paradise Point campground (2 bends above the resort). There are five stops, run at your leisure and end up at the cottages at the resort (in front of the water slides) for a band. You can call Shy Beaver Boat Center for additional details but I think they will be taking last minute entries in the stop at Trough Creek (15MM).

I will be heading out of Jamescreek around 10:00, hit the Trough Creek stop then blow down to Snyder’s run to meet up with the gang launching there and work my way back.

The run is very informal and only cost $40 of which you get two T-Shirts, a $10 gift card to Shy Beaver and a chance to win $1000 for the high hand or $500 for the low. It’s a fund raiser get some high tech underwater search equipment to be housed at the local Fire Company. It’s a good cause since it’s so hard to find bodies in the lake.

You are more than welcome to run with us. There will be me, Scott’s Dominator, John’s Eliminator, and a few Baja’s etc.

Sam posted a link above.

John
Old 08-15-2013, 06:37 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That poker run sound like a lot of fun. Its a little late in the game but is there a link or something to the event?
Old 08-15-2013, 07:05 PM
Registered

Thanks for the information. Sounds like a great event and fund raiser. We will see what happens and look forward to getting out on the lake. Tracy and Wil
Old 08-15-2013, 07:13 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blue thunder
That poker run sound like a lot of fun. Its a little late in the game but is there a link or something to the event?
Sam (The Deep) posted a link further back in this thread. I'm at the bar or I would repost it.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:17 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I see it now, thanks scagburner. We'll watch for it next year.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:24 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by blue thunder
Its never too late to support a good cause. Call the Shy Beaver Boat Center. I'm pretty sure they are taking late entries at Trough Creek.