Notices

Looking for boat options

Old 07-23-2013, 09:31 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by ratman
have you looked at any sail boats? i hear they are quite popular in the gay area, i mean bay area...
Hell no I dont want a sail boat
Old 07-23-2013, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by EMSDiver
Fountain is making boats again according to their website.

Oh I would love a go fast boat like a Fountain Lightning or a Formula 382 but with the different activities we do in the water neither are very feasible for what we do.
Yeah its possible. I know its gone back and forth with lots of speculation. Yeah I have a fever and would like a lightning. But were talking of getting into kids, and really the performance boat is a one trick boat. I know you can do some other things, and bigger boat like a lightning might offer more room, but still is what it is. Not really the types of boat for water sports, fishing, etc. I think i would like something that I can get 8 people in the cockpit without sitting on laps, be able to throw a line and lure over board here and there, and hit the water on tubes some day. Thinking of getting into a Formula SS 26 or 28 in the next few years, possibly, but they are heavy and suck fuel. Not really concered with saving money on gas and what not, just would rather get more bang for the gas I do use in terms of range and what not.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:08 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Oh I totally understand about kids and having room on the boat for family and friends and being able throw a line and lure over board here and there, and hit the water on tubes some day. I also want the speed when I want to play around (Safely) and also be able to get to the fishing or dive site. Plus want to spend the night out at the dive site to do some night diving and then be able to sleep out on the boat and not have to worry about getting back so the kids can sleep.
Old 07-23-2013, 10:31 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Have you looked at Intrepid? I am not sure of how many I/Os they have made, but they have several 30-40' OB models that would fit your bill perfectly.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:06 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Sydwayz
Have you looked at Intrepid? I am not sure of how many I/Os they have made, but they have several 30-40' OB models that would fit your bill perfectly.
Never heard of them. I will look them up. Thank you.

They are a OB only. We are looking for I/Os only.

Last edited by EMSDiver; 07-23-2013 at 11:08 AM.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:45 AM
Registered

Have you checked out the Fountain 38 SC. I was up in the Islands for the Abay poker run, and there was one parked at the Riveredge. I believe he had 575's in it and said it would do in the 80's. They have the lightning bottom, and a much bigger cabin. Have a safe deployment.
Old 07-23-2013, 11:55 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Are you talking about the sport cruiser?

If so I have looked at them. They have the sun pad and having people move scuba tanks up and over it I am afraid people will ruin the cover.
Old 07-23-2013, 12:39 PM
Registered

Powerquest 320sc? Can get twin 496ho gotta be close to 60mph. Not sure on the sleeping situation
Old 07-23-2013, 12:48 PM
Registered

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/20...est-LSC-345160 Ad says will do 60 and it looks like in the one picture it has an aft cabin as well as the v birth. Hard to tell for sure. Worth a look, sharp looking boat
Old 07-23-2013, 12:49 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by dja950
Powerquest 320sc? Can get twin 496ho gotta be close to 60mph. Not sure on the sleeping situation
It looks like it just has the front bow seating with a filler cushion. Maybe 2-4 but that is pushing it.

Would like a manufacturer that is still in business.

Last edited by EMSDiver; 07-23-2013 at 12:51 PM.