Illinois put's a price on non >

Illinois put's a price on non

Notices

Illinois put's a price on non

Old 07-24-2013, 03:46 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Formula311-SR1
The 26' size limit is for the chain of lakes, but the 40 mph speed limit is for the entire state of Illinois!
Would that mean Lake Michigan too then? There's no way
Old 07-24-2013, 04:11 PM
Registered

If you guys all move... My wait for bears season tickets will shrink from 30 years to 25!

Old 07-24-2013, 05:57 PM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

The chain of lakes are a mudd puddle true enough even now with the water level being up a bit....its a mudd puddle but its the only game in town besides lake Michigan for us folks in the area. I have searched and I cant find a single reference to this proposed law of 27' or less and a 45 MPH speed limit someone post a link and then I may believe it.

All that being said I have had my fill of the chain and next year if at all possible I'm getting a slip at Kenosha!!! Lake MI., here I come. Cheese heads you are about to have one more Illinoyance. Cheers!
Old 07-24-2013, 10:09 PM
VIP Member

The problem with Lk Michigan is that you will spend a lot of time sitting on your boat in the harbor due to rough water, no where to anchor and hang out etc. Want to go to a cool bar etc. ? Head to Milwaukee and burn a ton of fuel and hope the winds don't change for the ride home. Yes the Chain is a mud puddle, but you have many choices to do things etc. And a run to Chicago uses even more fuel than going to Milwaukee !!!
Old 07-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Registered

Received 31 Likes on 23 Posts

Originally Posted by Smitty
The problem with Lk Michigan is that you will spend a lot of time sitting on your boat in the harbor due to rough water, no where to anchor and hang out etc. Want to go to a cool bar etc. ? Head to Milwaukee and burn a ton of fuel and hope the winds don't change for the ride home. Yes the Chain is a mud puddle, but you have many choices to do things etc. And a run to Chicago uses even more fuel than going to Milwaukee !!!
Smitty I know I know but I spent two years away from the chain with no boat and then it took me about a month to not want to be there. I've made the run to Milwaukee and the Diversy quite a few times..... damn expensive cheeseburger.
Old 07-25-2013, 09:42 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I grew up in WI, and when I go back, I'm a "FIB TAB"

"Fcking Illinois Bastard, Towing A Boat"
Old 07-25-2013, 10:19 AM
Registered

Smitty you need to get out on lake Michigan more often there is quite a few area's to throw a anchor and swim as far as bars quite a few in Kenosha and more in Racine. As far as wave conditions there has not been too many times we have been stuck at the dock especially if you have a 36' boat.
Old 07-25-2013, 10:25 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Wasted Income
I grew up in WI, and when I go back, I'm a "FIB TAB"

"Fcking Illinois Bastard, Towing A Boat"
LOL
Old 07-25-2013, 12:42 PM
Registered

lake winnebago 2hrs from chain best boating around no cops great for bigger boats 5 dollar mint ramps with 2 more big lakes off of it bars with primo peirs been going and spending the night in oshkosh at fancey hotel with slip in no wake see you latter chain any body want to buy trailer with big deck on water at chain need to sell 847 338 6491
Old 07-25-2013, 12:48 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kmeyer64
lake winnebago 2hrs from chain best boating around no cops great for bigger boats 5 dollar mint ramps with 2 more big lakes off of it bars with primo peirs been going and spending the night in oshkosh at fancey hotel with slip in no wake see you latter chain any body want to buy trailer with big deck on water at chain need to sell 847 338 6491
Somebody buy this guy's trailer so he can afford punctuation! See what IL does to us? No money for commas, even! I hate this state.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.