Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
anyone ever build a 41 apache with diesels and arnesons? >

anyone ever build a 41 apache with diesels and arnesons?

Notices

anyone ever build a 41 apache with diesels and arnesons?

Old 07-28-2013, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 793 Likes on 448 Posts

Over on powerboatlistings.com there is a 41 Cig listed out of N. Miami rigged with Isatto Franschini Diesel Motors & Arneson Drives....

I know nothing about it but put it out there if anyone on here can add anything from this cig's performance to Ratman's original inquirey???/
Old 07-28-2013, 09:33 PM
Registered

Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts

Coanracing.com. For trans. Call saber for a 41 they have a 41 cc on floor that could work. Or get a hull new
Old 07-28-2013, 11:12 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by speicher lane
Over on powerboatlistings.com there is a 41 Cig listed out of N. Miami rigged with Isatto Franschini Diesel Motors & Arneson Drives....

I know nothing about it but put it out there if anyone on here can add anything from this cig's performance to Ratman's original inquirey???/
i saw that boat, i would want inline 6 cylinder diesels, i never heard of those engines and getting parts for them in colombia...forget it... cummins is world wide...
Old 07-29-2013, 12:15 AM
Rik
arneson-industries.com
Offshoreonly Advertiser

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Price will probably decide the hull choice for you, but the 41' Apache or the newer 42' Chief hull will work. Definitely use a stock Cummins QSB6.7 550 hp engine and then it's easy from there.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:44 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 597 Likes on 275 Posts

There is an old Cig w diesels on Grand Lake in OK Listed at Shangri-La web site I believe.
Old 07-29-2013, 06:50 AM
Registered

I wasn't pushing it by any stretch - it's just a 41 that someone actually converted in the same manner that you were thinking. I put it out there in case someone on here actually had seen the boat and knew if it was actually successful.

I have heard of Isatto Franschini Diesels but I think they are the type of engine that becomes an offshore anchor at the first sign of trouble....I could be wrong but as you mentioned - Cummins is worldwide
Old 07-29-2013, 06:54 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Quinlan
There is an old Cig w diesels on Grand Lake in OK Listed at Shangri-La web site I believe.
That was a factory produced Cig was it not??? I think there is a thread on here about a 41getting a refresh
Old 07-29-2013, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 49 Likes on 33 Posts

There was a few 40' cig 'attacks' that were rigged with 3208 cat diesels and arnesons -- there is one close to me. not real fast - 60mph -- but seems to be good in the rough since it's heavy. I saw one for salew on boattrader not long ago also. I would toss the cats in favour of a set of cummins.

If you were to rig a 41 apache i think you would want to slide the engines ahead a little in order to get the COG proper as the diesels --especially cummins 8.3's will weigh up compared to BBC's....
Old 07-29-2013, 09:42 AM
British member!
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I would second the marine diesel approach rather than marinising a truck motor - it would end up more expensive and less reliable. See Pat Weismann about gearboxes, I believe he has done some stuff with Rik in the past.

We would be interested in a project like that but we're the wrong side of the pond.

Full stagger on a slim hull and it will be a fast ocean cruiser.

If it's too loud you're too old!

BananaShark Racing

British Champions 2005!
Old 07-29-2013, 09:49 AM
Registered

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by cookee
Full stagger on a slim hull and it will be a fast ocean cruiser.
I would run them side by side and use the offset from the gear boxes to keep the drives together, no different than the Buzzi boats of years past. Put more fuel foward or water ballast if you need balance?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.