Notices

LOTO 2013 hotel question.

Old 08-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 258 Likes on 149 Posts
Default LOTO 2013 hotel question.

Hey guys....wondering if the seasoned people here can help.

We have already booked our trip up for LOTO....we were driving up and flying back. But it is crazy how much it is to rent a car in one city and drop it off at another. So now we are flying up too and renting a car to drive around and return when we go to fly home.

Anyway....... I already booked a lake view suite at Camden on the Lake but that is for Fri-Sun. With flying up now I think we car going to be in the area around 1pm ish on Thursday. So I was thinking about getting a hotel around the Dogdays area for that night. Nothing crazy or nuts...just a nice clean place to rest my head after a fun day of boats and drinking. I heard that area is great on Thurs and definitely Friday night.

So my question is there anywhere anyone can think of that I can call to get a place for a night that just a basic clean room around the Dogdays area?

Thanks and can't wait to pop my LOTO cherry in a few weeks.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:24 AM
Registered

Received 749 Likes on 402 Posts

Osage Village Inn. Stayed there before. It is right on 54 just a bit up across the bridge from Dog Days.

http://osagevillageinn.com/index2.html

There is also a Holiday Inn Express in the same area

http://www.ihg.com/holidayinnexpress...ail/directions

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 08-01-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 08-01-2013, 10:28 AM
Registered

Make sure you stop by Randy's Custard to complete your LOTO cherry popping!!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:37 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Make sure you stop by Randy's Custard to complete your LOTO cherry popping!!
Lol......I will for sure....take in as much as I can. Also thank you for the hotel ideas.

Is dog days a better spot that camden on thurs fri?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:41 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I was actually mulling the idea of trying to see the shootout as well. I know it's late, but I think I can get a room and slip at Tan Tara, but don't know how far it is from the festivities. I also have a cousin with a place in Camdenton, but she said it's at least 20 miles from Cpt Rons. Not committed at this point, but was thinking about a last minute trip. Is it too late?
Old 08-01-2013, 10:42 AM
Registered

Friday afternoon/evening for sure. I am usually on a buddy's dock Thursday evening of the Shootout for what we call "Peanut Night" which involves bags of peanuts and way too much Captain Morgan so I cannot comment on Thursday night!
Old 08-01-2013, 10:44 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CrownHawg
I was actually mulling the idea of trying to see the shootout as well. I know it's late, but I think I can get a room and slip at Tan Tara, but don't know how far it is from the festivities. I also have a cousin with a place in Camdenton, but she said it's at least 20 miles from Cpt Rons. Not committed at this point, but was thinking about a last minute trip. Is it too late?
Tan Tara is only 8 miles from the course (by water) so if you can get a room and slip make it happen! You will not regret it.
Old 08-01-2013, 10:55 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Knot 4 Me
Friday afternoon/evening for sure. I am usually on a buddy's dock Thursday evening of the Shootout for what we call "Peanut Night" which involves bags of peanuts and way too much Captain Morgan so I cannot comment on Thursday night!

That actually sounds fun lol.

We can't wait. Driving over sat morn on shootout day and hoping on the big cruise ship deal with drinks and a spot at the end to view the shootout it's self. Sunday we are in town for a bit and if we can grab a ride for the Sunday final we will hang.
Old 08-01-2013, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you are on the fence about going and you like fast boats...... Go. It's something everyone should do atleast once..... Or every year in my case!!
Old 08-01-2013, 11:09 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been to LOTO before, but a long time ago. I had a 19ft boat and it beat the snot outta me and the boat. I have a 32 Advantage now, and still think it will be marginal in size. Been wanting to go back, now I gotta convince the GF!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.