Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
I won fastest 30' and under last weekend >

I won fastest 30' and under last weekend

Notices

I won fastest 30' and under last weekend

Old 08-10-2013, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Congrats on the 30 and under boat! what engine do you have ?
Old 08-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats
Old 08-10-2013, 06:01 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

I too love how the boat runs when things get going.

I built a 509, with a mega blower and super chiller running 6.5-7 psi. It makes in the 850hp range. Running across the lake at 88-92 it was running 3-4 psi and loved it. Even after 15 minutes of 5000 Rpms the oil temp, oil pressure, water temp etc was all perfect after that run. I love it!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 07:25 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrat's!

Nice Trophy.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:24 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

While it is great you boat is fast, and you have put a lot of work into it to get it there. I have a serious problem with a poker run handing out awards to the first one to the first card stop. Unless this was a closed course, even if it was I am sure there wasn't proper safety personnel and equipment on site, this is just unacceptable. A poker run should NOT be promoting racing to the first stop. I know there are many people who will have differing opinions, and I am fine with that. But my personal opinion is unless this run is held on a closed course, it puts both the participants and non-participants in danger. Hence the reason for all of the debates here on OSO and other boards. Sorry for the rant..... Again, congratulations, your work and I am sure plenty of $$ has paid off in a well performing boat, I am not knocking you, more so the organizers of the run that promotes by awarding first to the stop... Let the bashing begin......

Last edited by low_psi; 08-10-2013 at 09:29 PM.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 365 Likes on 209 Posts

Great pics! that boat was totaly runnin on the pad!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:56 PM
Registered

Received 40 Likes on 16 Posts

Congrats Craig. That's awesome. Glad that I was able to give a little assistance along the way.
Eddie
Old 08-10-2013, 09:58 PM
Registered

It was defiantly on the pad.

As for a race. I didn't treat it like a race as I wasn't even running wot. I was running at a fast pace yes, but only because that's what I built it for. The fact that there were other boats around that I could run with made it much more fun. I normally have to cruise at a much slower pace if I want to ride along with other boats so this poker run gave me the opportunity to run the boat with other faster boats.

Either way, I don't take offense as I understand everyone has there opinion. I look at it like this. I was going to run the boat like that either way. Having all the other boats around made it more fun.
Old 08-10-2013, 10:05 PM
Registered

Eddie, you no doubt have been a great resource for build advice along with the couple parts I got from you.

Many thanks go out to:

Eddie young
Mild thunder
Mr gadget (outdrive)
Steve and Kenny at velocity for answering all my many questions along the build.

This website is an match resource when it comes to offshore power boats!! With out it I would probably still be cruising 28-30mph in my cc....and have money in the bank.
Old 08-10-2013, 11:24 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Cool pictures! How do you like running through the washing machine? My first poker run I was nervous as he!! til after the first stop but then I had fun. The next PR I knew what to expect so it was a blast from launch to load. Sounds like you got your drive issues handled also. Be safe & have fun. Randy

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.