Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Run over by a 53 foot carver. Need advice. >

Run over by a 53 foot carver. Need advice.

Notices

Run over by a 53 foot carver. Need advice.

Old 08-12-2013, 10:07 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Run over by a 53 foot carver. Need advice.

Two weeks ago at coast guard festival I was anchored in smiths cove tied to other boats. And a 53 carver ran right into the side of my boat. Me smashed in one side that he hit me on. Then the other side where I was pushed into the back of other boats swim platforms he broke the bottom of my boat open. It's cracked open a 1/4 inch about 10 feet long. There two different cracks.

I've called the cops they let him go with a warning no ticket isued. Cuz he said it was currants That pushed him into my boat. With it was not. He was under power and had his screws turning. And he just didn't pay attention to what the hell he was doing. He's luck he didn't hurt any body. I want to know what grounds I stand on. Cuz he's totally at fault.

I have a 24 foot predator marine viper that I totally redid this year and only have 15 hrs on it with brand new intierior done by Apearince products. And a brand new 496 stocker motor in it and the boat is totaled in my yes cuz it's an old boat. And it's probibly not worth fixing.

I have about 25 k into it now and I would like to know how am I going to get my money back out of it. Since this guy smashed into my boat.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:18 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

looks like you better find a good lawyer, unless your insurance is full coverage... sucks dude
Old 08-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd be calling my attorney for advice instead of asking online.

Did you get a police report?

Did you get his contact info?

Does he have insurance?
Old 08-12-2013, 10:20 AM
Registered

Received 94 Likes on 22 Posts

Im not in the insurance/legal profession so I cant offer any real advice. However onetime years ago my buddy got in an accident with his '64 gmc street rod show truck (it was the other guys fault) and he went and got it appraised and the appraisal said "Before the accident" the truck was worth $XXXX. Man that totally blows after all that work sorry to hear about that.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

btw, it would have been way cooler if you were run over by an apache...good luck, rm
Old 08-12-2013, 10:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Thebossbultsma
Two weeks ago at coast guard festival I was anchored in smiths cove tied to other boats. And a 53 carver ran right into the side of my boat. Me smashed in one side that he hit me on. Then the other side where I was pushed into the back of other boats swim platforms he broke the bottom of my boat open. It's cracked open a 1/4 inch about 10 feet long. There two different cracks.

I've called the cops they let him go with a warning no ticket isued. Cuz he said it was currants That pushed him into my boat. With it was not. He was under power and had his screws turning. And he just didn't pay attention to what the hell he was doing. He's lucky my ribs only hurt a little and are bruised and my head only feels like it has a large knot in it and my vision is no longer blurry and the swelling in my ankle is going down, but I am going to a doctor tomorrow for a full check up. I want to know what grounds I stand on. Cuz he's totally at fault.

I have a 24 foot predator marine viper that I totally redid this year and only have 15 hrs on it with brand new intierior done by Apearince products. And a brand new 496 stocker motor in it and the boat is totaled in my yes cuz it's an old boat. And it's probibly not worth fixing.

I have about 25 k into it now and I would like to know how am I going to get my money back out of it. Since this guy smashed into my boat.
I fixed some of the errors in your post for you
Old 08-12-2013, 10:40 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 99 Likes on 53 Posts

Always always file a police report. The guy is responsible for damage caused from his boat, doesn't matter if its current or not. If the current pushed him, he should have know that it was that strong and taken evasive maneuvers. What about the other people who's boats were damaged?
Old 08-12-2013, 10:41 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I have full coverge insurance and so does he. I'm dealing with his insurance company as we slew I but there super slow and there being dicks. I'm getting up set cuz I have a vacation planned and I can't go on it any more. Because my boat is taking on to much water to put it in the water any more. I guess ill cal me aterny and see what he says.
Old 08-12-2013, 10:42 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

No other boats took and damage cuz we had so many bumpers out just like took all the damage. And yes there a police report as well.
Old 08-12-2013, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Number ONE thing to remember that I have said several times, his insurance company is not in business to make you happy, they are in business to make themselves money. Paying you fairly is counterproductive to their business plan. Lawyer up.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.