Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bet it runs faster than most of the keyboard captains boats. LOL
Old 08-31-2013, 12:00 PM
Lee
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 26 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by DLM
That monster looks dangerous. Right down to old busted up stainless steel fishing boat propeller.
I'm just not seeing that, It looks like a very nice old school lab finished Mercury Cleaver prop to me...........
Old 09-01-2013, 01:02 AM
Registered

Received 121 Likes on 39 Posts

It's not a bad deal. I bet there is more then 4 grand in parts there in that motor and drive alone. Get a boat and trailer free. I would like to know more about this turbo set up. I have a 496 that is screaming for a set up like that.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by f_inscreenname
It's not a bad deal. I bet there is more then 4 grand in parts there in that motor and drive alone. Get a boat and trailer free. I would like to know more about this turbo set up. I have a 496 that is screaming for a set up like that.
I can tell you that this Kit and it was made by the M&W Gear Company and I don't believe that they are in business anymore and they stop making this Kit. It is similar to one made by the Gale Banks Corporation. It is a very simple setup. Turbo's sit on the risers and a daul pumper Holley sits in the box, I've had this setup for years and it does work nice and is just a nice looking setup on an Old School boat. I had a larger capacity oil pan made to keep the engine cool and have done some internal work to make it stronger. I have the stock cam from the 351-W which if changed would give it the needed RPM to push it faster,. Just as it sits with the log exhaust and small flame arrestors and with a Volve 280 out-drive it has been very dependable as it sits right now. My boat is a 1980 Jaws Super Sport and you have to treat it like any other old boat or vehicle, you don't go wave jumping, you don't drive the hell out of it, you don't hammer it out of the hole and it has just lasted with no problems. Change this setup and you know you will have to change the drive, it has great pulling power and then you are at your top speed in no time and you want more.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:08 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by h2oboater
Yes he is, and he know just a little about fast boats [ Sunsations & Apache's] . This Sea Ray is pretty cool, & a real sleeper.
Hi Mark!

If you can, I would like to know where he got those cone shaped flame arrestors.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

I talked to the owner via pm here a year or so ago. He said it went about 70 before he got out of the stick. Said it had more in it but he was going to put hydraulic steering on it to make it safer.

That's a smoking deal for a clean old boat. Most folks want 3000 for rotted old 2 bbl searays.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:05 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Hi Mark!

If you can, I would like to know where he got those cone shaped flame arrestors.
They are not flame arresters. They are sold at AutoZone for Car racing on pavement only. I had one on my old 496.
Old 09-01-2013, 09:52 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
They are not flame arresters. They are sold at AutoZone for Car racing on pavement only. I had one on my old 496.
Thanks!

BTW, was that you who the U.S. Coast Guard stopped in the Detroit River last week around noon during the week? I was driving along the Detroit River going to Downtown Windsor and notice a nice yellow Donzi powering down the Detroit River and then when I got by Hiram Walkers and seen that the Coast Guard had stopped you and was wondering why?
Old 09-02-2013, 06:13 AM
Registered

Received 607 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by AB From Windsor
Thanks!

BTW, was that you who the U.S. Coast Guard stopped in the Detroit River last week around noon during the week? I was driving along the Detroit River going to Downtown Windsor and notice a nice yellow Donzi powering down the Detroit River and then when I got by Hiram Walkers and seen that the Coast Guard had stopped you and was wondering why?
Yes, that was me! Just a safety check. I usually get stopped once a year in Detroit for that but they have always been good to me. I was on my way to PIB.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:22 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Yes, that was me! Just a safety check. I usually get stopped once a year in Detroit for that but they have always been good to me. I was on my way to PIB.
Glad to hear everything was good and hope you had a great time at PIB.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.