Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Check this site before going swimming! >

Check this site before going swimming!

Notices

Check this site before going swimming!

Old 09-02-2013, 08:20 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

my step brother caught a 10 ft bull shark right off sandy point beach near the bay bridge night fishing in a 12 boston whaler...about 27 years ago
Old 09-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Maybe it's just me, but I hate jumping in the water knowing there are fish/mammals, most anything with great big razor teeth.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ratman
my step brother caught a 10 ft bull shark right off sandy point beach near the bay bridge night fishing in a 12 boston whaler...about 27 years ago
My bro inlaw got bumped pretty good off Marco. **** happens when you enter another creatures domain...
Old 09-02-2013, 10:18 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 246 Likes on 112 Posts

Here are pictures from the website of the shark called "Mary Lee", this is one big f*ckin fish! I would not want to be in the water when that beast is near.
Attached Thumbnails Check this site before going swimming!-mary-lee.jpg   Check this site before going swimming!-mary-lee-2.jpg  
Old 09-02-2013, 10:36 PM
Registered

Received 893 Likes on 320 Posts

if you really knew you would never get in the water again. I have flown in choppers along the coast several times and looked down at people in the water with sharks swimming several feet from them. we flew down the coast line from panama city to biloxi and saw dozens of sharks, huge schools of sting rays and dolphins all with in 20 feet of shore. there were not many people in the water at that time but there were some near the sting rays and the rays would come within a few feet of the swimmers. there was a picture years ago off a Texas beach and there were six or seven sharks swimming between the people in the water in about 3 feet of water depth.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:45 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by compedgemarine
if you really knew you would never get in the water again. I have flown in choppers along the coast several times and looked down at people in the water with sharks swimming several feet from them. .
That is not very reassuring....but I do believe you, and have heard similar reports....can't live in fear, but we (I) still need to use good judgment and common sense when swimming in salt-water. I am not sure what the likelihood of getting attacked by a shark, or killed by a shark, cannot be that high, I cannot remember the last time someone was attacked by a shark in New Jersey waters so I will continue to enjoy the ocean and bays, and just hope I am not fish food.
Old 09-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

It would suck just a part of you being shark food.

I mean really, really, really suck. It happens far more often than published. JAWS
Old 09-02-2013, 11:14 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
Here are pictures from the website of the shark called "Mary Lee", this is one big f*ckin fish! I would not want to be in the water when that beast is near.
That shark was caught less than a mile from Jacksonville shoreline .Anytime you fly low over the coast you see the sharks only yards away from the swimmers. Hence I don't swim in the ocean anymore.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:27 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Formulabill
That shark was caught less than a mile from Jacksonville shoreline .Anytime you fly low over the coast you see the sharks only yards away from the swimmers. Hence I don't swim in the ocean anymore.
If you had me up in the plane and I saw first hand what you are describing, I know the only time I would set foot in the water again is when it would when it is chlorinated ie the swimming pool. A shark that big caught less than a mile from the shoreline is troubling to me.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:52 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Smarty
If you had me up in the plane and I saw first hand what you are describing, I know the only time I would set foot in the water again is when it would when it is chlorinated ie the swimming pool. A shark that big caught less than a mile from the shoreline is troubling to me.
Smarty
I'm sure you remember this.http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j...51495398,d.dmg

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.