Notices

boating usage

Old 09-09-2013, 08:56 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Made my 4th trip for the season. My late start because of the evil powder coater that would not return my parts on time. Then putting the parts back on I cut my leg pretty bad and needed stitched up, my back bothering me more than usual now work is calling non stop. So I have 8 hours so far. At least I saved up gas money for next season
Old 09-09-2013, 09:09 AM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Ok just to make you up north guys feel good about short seasons/not using your boat.......

Got a whaler in the garage, repowered with a new 4 stroke 7 years ago and it has about 130 hours on it.......Since Sept 2012......boat hasn't gotten wet, live 4 miles from the water, sunny almost every day. I bought the 2013 boat ramp sticker (still in envelope) and the registration got renewed but never got put on the boat (still in envelope also). Filled the boat with gas back around Memorial day had intentions for Labor Day but neighbors invited for a bbq and boat never got wet.......Nice part about 4 stroke Yamaha power is I know it will start when I get to the ramp! I have charged the battery a few times just to keep it juiced up......

I did go to the Bahamas on a CC w/900 HP hanging off the back which was great!
Old 09-09-2013, 01:14 PM
Registered

Received 32 Likes on 16 Posts

I usually get harassed by "Vette131" on here for not putting that many hours on our boat.

BUT, we bought a bigger boat where have room to move around easier and flattens out any rough that pops up so we can take the kids out more often without having to watch the weather so much. So, I missed the first PR b/c my nephew graduated HS then we put about 15 hours on boat in a couple months which was good compared to our normal 10-15 per year....

Now our 5 yr daughter broke her leg, so water is not so friendly, so hopefully it healed by the end of the month so we can get back on the water.

We do mostly take lil ride out and raft or beach up so our engine hours are usually inherently low. Washed boat yesterday for a big run this weekend!! cant wait!!!! Patriot Poker Run from Slidell to New Orleans!
Old 09-09-2013, 03:06 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

been out 50 times so far this year only 130 hours of run time, about 3500 miles (bought 1606 gallons of diesel so far)

Last edited by pstorti; 09-09-2013 at 11:28 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 05:45 PM
Registered

Received 4,285 Likes on 1,236 Posts

400 miles this summer and I had drive issues that kept me out of the water half the summer.. I tell everyone, don`t bother inviting me to your lame kids birthday/graduation parties or whatever else you got going on because in the summer I`m on the water and aint coming!

As far as putting your kids in a bunch of sports that take up weekends and a $hit load of time??? I got a news flash for ya, your kid isn`t going to be the next Walter Payton, get over it and go do something better than driving them around.. like boating.

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Ok just to make you up north guys feel good about short seasons/not using your boat.......

Got a whaler in the garage, repowered with a new 4 stroke 7 years ago and it has about 130 hours on it.......Since Sept 2012......boat hasn't gotten wet, live 4 miles from the water, sunny almost every day. I bought the 2013 boat ramp sticker (still in envelope) and the registration got renewed but never got put on the boat (still in envelope also). Filled the boat with gas back around Memorial day had intentions for Labor Day but neighbors invited for a bbq and boat never got wet.......Nice part about 4 stroke Yamaha power is I know it will start when I get to the ramp! I have charged the battery a few times just to keep it juiced up......

I did go to the Bahamas on a CC w/900 HP hanging off the back which was great!
Whats the point of owning a boat then, sell that house close to water and the boat to someone who is going to use it and join a book club dude!

Last edited by ICDEDPPL; 09-09-2013 at 05:54 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:55 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Late start for me due to snow that didn't know winter was over , rain rain and more rain , knee surgery . Boat made it to the water at the end of JULY . 5 fun filled trips out one of which was a poker run . I winterized today and towed her home for what looks to be an early winter . Evan at only 5 trips I still love my boat . For the op I told our family's on both sides " If your going to die or get married don't do it during the summer cause we won't be able to make it . " My brother still says I suck .
Old 09-09-2013, 08:00 PM
Ginger or Mary Ann?
Charter Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

the Fountain got out this past weekend for the LC PR, and 1 weekend last month.
Never made out of garage last yr
Out 2 weekends the yr before that
And then no joy the yr before that.

Registration is yrs old. Cheaper to pay the fine than register.

The cruiser on the other hand, gets used every weekend from April till Nov 1st

Last edited by US1 Fountain; 09-09-2013 at 08:03 PM.
Old 09-09-2013, 08:07 PM
Registered

Out on the boat every weekend since May 1st, Zero mechanical issue and spent a lot less on gas, Love outboards!
Old 09-09-2013, 08:40 PM
Registered

This was my first season with the Banana 24 on the water and its been alot of fun. Many hours, many miles, many good times. You know its a good season when the boat spends almost as much time in the air as it does in the water!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:47 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've only burned a 1/4 a tank and I'm pulling it for the year next weekend, mine was due to my seasonal upgrade (header swap) bit me in the rear and waiting 2 weeks at a time for every nickel and dime part.

Could be worse, could be like a wheeling rig.....atleast the boat is worth something when you done with it, and you never hear anybody complaining about nobody wanting to go boating.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.