Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Why are LCPR threads being locked? >

Why are LCPR threads being locked?

Notices

Why are LCPR threads being locked?

Old 09-11-2013, 02:46 PM
  #1  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,628
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Why are LCPR threads being locked?

This is a public forum, people have the right to talk about a subject even if some of the member's don't like it.

People can chose to read a thread or not. Never seen such Elementary fights over deleting threads so people can’t read things posted on the internet. Then they actually get locked for no reason.


Its a shame that the 2 where killed in a boating accident this weekend, I feel for both the families as well.


But when did big brother join the forum and become a mod? Its a topic people on here want to discuss, AND THIS IS THE PLACE FOR THAT and yet it they keep being locked down. Deal with it people, when something happens people talk. How the world works.

If you slung your car sideways showing off, and lost it and hit a pole, the people watching will talk. Same when you take a 1/2 million dollar boat and flip it, the boating community is going to talk, but big brother is all upset deleting threads. seems ridiculous.


SO will a mod please answer WHY they lock and delete what rules are broken?

Last edited by mittens; 09-11-2013 at 02:57 PM.
mittens is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 02:55 PM
  #2  
Registered
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 62
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

That's the government that the pathetic people in this country have elected. Makes me sick that they stick their nose in every little thing imaginable..
jaxon is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:05 PM
  #3  
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
Posts: 18,422
Received 799 Likes on 393 Posts
Default

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/faq.php
Griff is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:14 PM
  #4  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,628
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Griff View Post
So what part exactly is the reason? I can read the rule, and understand forums. But to me it seams like the mods are shutting things down just cause you dont like the topic. but its probably one of the most important topics on OSO at this time.
mittens is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:24 PM
  #5  
Registered
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Huron, OH
Posts: 116
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Respect!
SimonS32 is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:31 PM
  #6  
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member
 
Cash Bar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2002
Location: On the way to a PR near you
Posts: 12,757
Received 374 Likes on 125 Posts
Default

The last thread was locked at the request of the THREAD STARTER. Normal policy.
__________________
Your OSO connection to great S. Florida Real Estate.
www.gregsellswaterfront.com
Cash Bar is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:35 PM
  #7  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,628
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SimonS32 View Post
Respect!
Really? A NATIONAL OFF SHORE BOATING FORUM is expected to not talk about a baller cat flipping at 150mph (give or take) at one of the largest poker runs of the year? You really think so?

The media is already messed up, you would think a public form could at least speak its mind.

Then there is videos of the SAME boat doing stuff thats OBVIOUSLY not safe, and its taboo to talk about? really? its a FACT the video show it! then people jump in there saying its OK you dont know what caused him to be that close. UM true but i know when something happends you can always let out of the gas.... but not going into that.


fact is why is the forum being edited like a CNN headline.
mittens is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:38 PM
  #8  
Registered
Thread Starter
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Huntsville, AL
Posts: 1,628
Likes: 0
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Cash Bar View Post
The last thread was locked at the request of the THREAD STARTER. Normal policy.

Ok, thank you for posting up the reason I appreciate it.

I am the thread starter, and welcome the topic. Its the internet, free and clear. I understand that we can be respectful about the topic, and hope other posters will be, but the locking and deleting of threads over a subject matter that is 100% SPOT ON for the forum is ridiculous.
mittens is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 03:40 PM
  #9  
Charter Member # 55
Charter Member
 
Griff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2000
Location: Omaha
Posts: 18,422
Received 799 Likes on 393 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by SimonS32 View Post
Respect!
Thank You!!!!

Originally Posted by mittens View Post
So what part exactly is the reason? I can read the rule, and understand forums. But to me it seams like the mods are shutting things down just cause you dont like the topic. but its probably one of the most important topics on OSO at this time.
memberships allow you to use certain features of the site; they do not give you the right to say whatever you want

Also, if you read...neither of the members who started the closed threads liked where the threads had gone.
The threads became disrepectful to the families and the memories of two men who lost their lives.
Griff is offline  
Old 09-11-2013, 04:27 PM
  #10  
Registered
iTrader: (1)
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: Cape coral, FL
Posts: 4,190
Received 51 Likes on 31 Posts
Default

Originally Posted by Griff View Post
Thank You!!!!



memberships allow you to use certain features of the site; they do not give you the right to say whatever you want

Also, if you read...neither of the members who started the closed threads liked where the threads had gone.
The threads became disrepectful to the families and the memories of two men who lost their lives.
Griff I agree with a lot of what you say but I saw no disrespect to the families. Yes we have video evidence the boats weren't always operated in a safe manner but that isn't disrespectful. No name calling.

Just discussing facts. The majority seem to be on the same page of it not being a closed race course and having the sense to pull the throttles back which doesn't seem to be the norm based on videos.
Crude Intentions is offline  

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.