Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
How many of you occasionally boat alone? >

How many of you occasionally boat alone?

Notices

How many of you occasionally boat alone?

Old 09-21-2013, 11:31 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 7 Posts

I enjoy time out alone. My 292 is on a lift that has a remote control which makes it a breeze to go solo. My wife and daughter love boating, just not running too fast in the rough. My time alone is a chance to push the 292 in rough water and has really helped with my driving. I have over 320 hours behind the wheel of this boat and those times alone have given me great experience pushing the limits. As said before, it is a great stress reliever. It is the definition of FREEDOM!

Last edited by 4mulafastech; 09-21-2013 at 11:33 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 11:57 PM
Charter Member #394
Charter Member

Received 36 Likes on 17 Posts

As Howard Arneson once said; "its a vacuum cleaner for the mind"
Old 09-22-2013, 01:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife and kids want me to get a cruiser, they are not happy with speed combined with waves ,they just don't enjoy it. They do love boating,but anyways as mentioned before it is very easy around here to find someone to come along. I am not getting a cruiser, too boring!
Old 09-22-2013, 01:50 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 866 Likes on 325 Posts

Originally Posted by keiter
Purchased a place in Boynton Beach relocating for the winter where to go in SE FL to meet fellow boaters? Thanks Keith
Sent you a PM
Old 09-22-2013, 02:31 AM
Registered

Received 916 Likes on 304 Posts

Prob go out alone later today, "It's too cold to go boating"

However it also fun to watch her back the trailer. Can hit everything but the water.
Old 09-22-2013, 06:39 AM
bwd
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a type of peace that I get by going for a ride alone. My girl calls it " Getting my ya ya;s out" . She tells me to be careful .
Old 09-22-2013, 07:30 AM
Member #154
Platinum Member

Received 864 Likes on 317 Posts

When we had the Nordic in rack storage I did it all the time. Being on the water is like a mini-vacation without the hassle, it just clears my mind. I also enjoyed just going down to the boat with no intentions of going out and just fussing with a thing or two...tighten this, polish that, check out this, look at that.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:46 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I wake up hours before any of my family, go out for a few hours, then back on the lift. I also have a system for pulling into the docks. I get the bumpers out 300 yards from the dock, set the lines and throw them into the cockpit where I can reach them both.

I'm definitely just has happy running by myself as having a full crew. Like others have said above, don't have to worry about it being too rough or going too fast.

On LOTO, it is nice to have a co-pilot to watch for traffic and watch the gauges.

I agree with the "church" statement above as well. Running the boat pretty much takes my mind off everything else.

I always wear a kill switch (around the wrist) since Tres told me most insurances will not cover damage caused my boat if I were thrown out and the boat hits someone/something else.
Old 09-22-2013, 07:54 AM
Forum Regulator
VIP Member

Received 1,195 Likes on 519 Posts

Originally Posted by kidturbo
Prob go out alone later today, "It's too cold to go boating"

However it also fun to watch her back the trailer. Can hit everything but the water.
My GF used to make me incredibly nervous when she drove the truck/trailer. Now, she does pretty good.
Old 09-22-2013, 08:19 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I prefer to run My Skater alone,I always have People asking for rides but really don't want the liability of any Passengers in that Boat running at high speeds that's why I took out the rear seat and put in the race hatch,The Fountain on the other hand is the Family Boat.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.