Notices

40 Hustler/37 Outerlimits

Old 09-19-2010, 09:57 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Your boat ran great at LOTO...what power?
Thank you! I wish I had known about your boat with the photographers where everyone was jumping the wake. I would have gotten in on some of that action but we barely got up there in time to do the shootout. You have an absolutely beautiful Cig as well. As far as the motors.......I am maintaining plausible deniability. I am hoping that my buddy Bruce with the 399v Skater does not go next year so I can win. He is already working on making his faster and so am I.
Old 09-19-2010, 10:01 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
The only problem for other people in the market for a #6 37 is you bought the nicest one in the country!!!!
It may be one of the faster 37's now too.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by JDNFTWORTH
I'm considering a 40 Hustler fiore and need help determing if it's the right boat for me. Can any one tell me how well these boats handle and what an average speed is with trip 650s might be? What is the cruising speed might be at what rpm as I am expecting the fuel consumption to be high with tripps. I currently own a 33 viper with twin 454's. This paticular unit has cobra engines and I'm not familiar with these. Are these good motors? Thanks in advance.
The 40' with triple 650 runs close to 100.
Old 09-20-2010, 08:36 AM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I know there is one on sale with Triple 650 that is in perfect condition, if you need a picture please send me an email to [email protected]
Old 09-20-2010, 09:36 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderusone
I am hoping that my buddy Bruce with the 399v Skater does not go next year so I can win. He is already working on making his faster and so am I.
Hey, don't forget, your 117mph tied us, and we'll be there next year as well!

Your boat looked fantastic and ran great.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:13 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Thanks Sax! Your boat is packing some power to run like that for sure! I can't wait for next year! I didnt get to see your run......when will the video be out?
Old 09-20-2010, 10:46 AM
Brotherhood #1
Gold Member

Received 111 Likes on 84 Posts

Myy 32 Hustler got the Sh!t kicked out of it going to block island and back. Fast boat for the power handles well but nothing good came out of the ruff water riding. Porposed like hell im assuming to due with the bravo set upt and the hulls were orginally rigged for trs so the weight was all thrown towards the back
-Mike
Old 09-20-2010, 12:16 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by thunderusone
Thanks Sax! Your boat is packing some power to run like that for sure! I can't wait for next year! I didnt get to see your run......when will the video be out?
Thanks to Gene Stanfield of "THE STANFIELD GROUP RE/MAX Lake of the Ozarks" for the vid.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g1Se8F8qeUg

I wish we could've got some oboard video, but the camera operator had a senior moment rink:

Anyways, sorry for the thread derailment...

So Thunder, what speeds have you seen in more than a mile in your 37'? How is the handling at 120? Any prop tweaking or hull mods? I would assume you have the fastest 37' out there?

Last edited by Coolerman; 09-20-2010 at 12:28 PM.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:32 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by saxman
Thanks to Gene Stanfield of "THE STANFIELD GROUP RE/MAX Lake of the Ozarks" for the vid.

I wish we could've got some oboard video, but the camera operator had a senior moment rink:

Anyways, sorry for the thread derailment...

So Thunder, what speeds have you seen in more than a mile in your 37'? How is the handling at 120? Any prop tweaking or hull mods? I would assume you have the fastest 37' out there?

Handling is awesome at 120+. I have done no hull mods to the boat. I finally got the props at least headed in the right direction. I was running to much rake in the beginning. I just have an old set of cast Merc 5 blade wheels. Nothing fancy....no CNC or Herring. The boat still has more speed in it to be dialed in. I don't want to comment on how fast I have been. But I think I can come closer to what the boat will do at the shootout next year now that I know how everything works.
Old 09-20-2010, 03:36 PM
Registered
VIP Member

[QUOTE=saxman;3212411]Thanks to Gene Stanfield of "THE STANFIELD GROUP RE/MAX Lake of the Ozarks" for the vid.

QUOTE]

Man that thing is carrying the nose! BADAZZ!! and CONGRATS on your run!!

Quick Reply: 40 Hustler/37 Outerlimits

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.