Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Check out this post from another forum. >

Check out this post from another forum.

Notices

Check out this post from another forum.

Old 08-07-2002, 09:12 AM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 10 Posts

hp500efi.....just try typing something like "boats" and see what comes up. You should get several hundred options from that alone. See if one of them is rec.boats.

Guys, I agree about not going a having 200 of us flame this guy(s) to death. But I do feel we need to be heard. If there are some rude comments made toward a post you make, then by all means feel free to reply with appropriate words. I am hoping to see several hundred of the members here go over and voice themselves.

Buck
Old 08-07-2002, 10:20 AM
dloftis

Jayl13 ... email me at [email protected] with details, I may be interested.

Old 08-07-2002, 11:26 AM
Registered

Received 78 Likes on 47 Posts

In your search box type in "Rec.boats burgee" and it will bring you to the website. Then click on "What's rec.boats? What's a burgee?" I DID repsond, but it must have been sent to the person who originated the thread. I prefered that it be posted for everyone to see----is there a way of doing that without starting a new thread?

BTW, Buck I saw you're name in there somehow---how'd you do that?

Last edited by KAAMA; 08-07-2002 at 11:31 AM.
Old 08-07-2002, 11:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The guy must live in Newport Harbour on a 1974 27ft Sailboat

Just my 02
Old 08-07-2002, 12:28 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Jay I am going to totally disagree with ya on this one. Sorry. Yes some guys are looking at you and saying cool. However I am betting that MOST of them are saying SHUT THAT F-ING thing off!!!! When you are eating lunch trying to have a conversation it would suck to have to all of the sudden have to yell to overcome dry exhaust. I run Teague Tips and with the hit of a buttom I can close it up. If I want I can hit the switch quick and everyone can hear what it has for open but most of the time I leave them closed when off plane. Just for the neighbors. You have to realize that lots of people to to the ocean for the peace and quiet. Well we do kind of ruin that for them don't we. Anyhow I think we all owe it to one another to try and slow things down with all the noise ordinances and be responsible and try and keep them closed when we can. Ok FLAME AWAY!!!

Jon
Old 08-07-2002, 12:35 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Jon-all I can say is that I hope it's the paint fumes and the fact that you have a trailer queen.
Old 08-07-2002, 12:39 PM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

No Cord it is the fact that I see the future meaning that I will have a trailer queen not because it does not run but because it is to Loud or to fast or what ever. You have to put yourself it the other guys shoose just a but if you are to make a judgement. I will say this however. My true opinion is that they should stop their wining and shut up. We drive by in about 2 min and we are gone so deal it is 2 min out of you many hour day. HOWEVER the reality is that these people seem to be MUCH more organized then us and have the ability to affect change in a negative way for US!!!! So pissing them off is probably not the best thing for us to do.

Jon
Old 08-07-2002, 12:42 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

[To the original rec.boats complainer]
"Hey, Tough $hit!"
...And that's all I have to say about that!

We all have to share the waters, and we all have an obligation to live and let live, right?? Right!!!

They may not like our loud pipes, but I sure as hell don't like them gleefully flapping around in the breeze like a damn whirly-bird getting in my way either.

Solution: They listen to my noise and I dodge them like bullets! Simple and effective. I shut the fugg-up, and they shut the fugg up!

You do it your way, I do it mine!
Old 08-07-2002, 02:51 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Buck 183:

replied on rec.boats I kept my answer fairly milque toast. We can't appear to be totally inconsiderate !

Tom
Old 08-07-2002, 07:37 PM
Registered

Hey, IT`S A FREE COUNTRY!!! Everyone makes good points,But if your making the noise to position your vessel,OH WELL GET A LIFE.Two minutes is not alot to ask. Why people concern themselves with what someone else is doing is beyond me. If u wanna start mudslingin then all these huge Yachts need to tame there wakes when approaching smaller vessels.These boats throw out an enormous wake that could be dangerous to other craft in the area. The list can go on and on!!! Bottom line "STOP TRYING TO IMPOSE YOUR LIKES AND DISLIKES ON ME" I have a passion for perf. boats of any kind, so why should they be penalized because of a few who don`t care for real hardware. I agree if it`s peace and quiet you want "STAY HOME" noise is everywhere.

Quick Reply: Check out this post from another forum.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.