johnnyboatman any pics or pm where i can reach the person at
Old 10-13-2013, 07:48 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

357 all the way, simply timeless, no speed demon but,,,,,,, Its a Formula
Old 10-13-2013, 08:16 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

owning a FORMULA and seeing how they are built i would want to be their during the building process.''if i were to ever buy another one but new this time''.everything in the engine compartment is built solid..everything you dont see like the forward bulkheads are built like chit..under the cockpit floor is built like chit and even the bulkhead in front of the engines is just plane marine plywood that has been gelled over and tabbed in around the edges and thats it..under the cockpit then staple all the wood,bulkheads and gussets together.then tab it and foam it then put a piece of mat over everything..what chit work..on mine around the gas tank they left bare wood and did not even paint it same goes for the forward stringers..bare wood just tabbed in and then they put carpet over it..Btw after time all the staples rot out holding the wood together under the cockpit floor and then everything starts moving..i have seen several formulas built the same way...

thats just my o2..
Old 10-13-2013, 08:29 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

Soooo I was not only one to notice the same thing???? The Scarab had even more of that and it really surprised me on both honestly....

Originally Posted by FIXX
owning a FORMULA and seeing how they are built i would want to be their during the building process.''if i were to ever buy another one but new this time''.everything in the engine compartment is built solid..everything you dont see like the forward bulkheads are built like chit..under the cockpit floor is built like chit and even the bulkhead in front of the engines is just plane marine plywood that has been gelled over and tabbed in around the edges and thats it..under the cockpit then staple all the wood,bulkheads and gussets together.then tab it and foam it then put a piece of mat over everything..what chit work..on mine around the gas tank they left bare wood and did not even paint it same goes for the forward stringers..bare wood just tabbed in and then they put carpet over it..Btw after time all the staples rot out holding the wood together under the cockpit floor and then everything starts moving..i have seen several formulas built the same way...

thats just my o2..
Old 10-13-2013, 08:47 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
Soooo I was not only one to notice the same thing???? The Scarab had even more of that and it really surprised me on both honestly....
No tim,,im disappointed the way formula are building boats..i think batliner glassed in all of the exposed wood on their boats..we the people pay good hard earned money for these boats and they are cutting corners or should i say were cutting corners because i have not had a fastec opened up yet..it really piss's me off that formula wont do anything about it,one rep asked me to asend him pic's and i never gor a response,i know mine is 20 yrs old but damm i have a friend that has a 79 formula that is built like a brick house..
Old 10-13-2013, 08:59 PM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 204 Likes on 132 Posts

That's what I'm saying, I agree with you!

Originally Posted by FIXX
No tim,,im disappointed the way formula are building boats..i think batliner glassed in all of the exposed wood on their boats..we the people pay good hard earned money for these boats and they are cutting corners or should i say were cutting corners because i have not had a fastec opened up yet..it really piss's me off that formula wont do anything about it,one rep asked me to asend him pic's and i never gor a response,i know mine is 20 yrs old but damm i have a friend that has a 79 formula that is built like a brick house..
Old 10-13-2013, 09:57 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can't say anything about a scarab but I had a 271 for a while and I didn't even come close to the build quality of my 28zx
Old 10-13-2013, 10:18 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

I have had my head stuck in areas that are not normally visible on my Scarab and everything was glassed. The build quality on my Scarab is much better than the Eliminator that I now own.
The hull to deck joint is Fully glassed. The wiring is fairly clean and neat. I have remodeled the cabin to make it more user friendly. All wood was glassed.
The stringers are fully encapsulated with glass.
The 1992 Scarab 34 is a different boat than the old SCARAB III - I don't know what they changed but they are faster. I looked at and drove the 357 and was not impressed.
Old 10-13-2013, 10:52 PM
Registered

Well looks like I'm looking for a 34 scarab
Old 10-14-2013, 02:00 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Full Force
That's what I'm saying, I agree with you!
yes no no yes ok we both see the same thing lol..yes we agree!! lol..

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.