Real Fast Marine Dials in MTI and hits 199mph >

Real Fast Marine Dials in MTI and hits 199mph

Notices

Real Fast Marine Dials in MTI and hits 199mph

Old 10-31-2013, 03:35 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

after I have thought about it I actually think this could be a real number. Regardless of the pic, who knows why it looks odd??

CRC went 200 with 1200's and the same bottom. We know this boat is light and fast since its the old Bud Light boat. So really it should be possible with tweaked 1200's and everything that Real Fast Marine has done. I was there when Mark handed the ECU to these guys to put in the boat at LOTO. Mark Boos can do magic with the tunes on a Merc 1200.

Really with the combination of RFM, Precision, Marine Concepts, & MTI I am a believer. This boat should haul. Again can't wait for KW.

Honestly when I saw the number i was thinking more of a shootout number not a long run top speed number. This is why it seemed high.

MP
Old 10-31-2013, 03:49 PM
Fast Singles Club
Gold Member

Received 387 Likes on 156 Posts

Let your racing do the talking ! Good luck . Yea the pic does look suspect but this is the internet .
Old 10-31-2013, 04:27 PM
Registered

Received 155 Likes on 71 Posts

Congrats Randy & R3!

I completely believe the speed for two reasons:
1. Little Speed Racer was dialed in by the Fountains and ran impressive numbers for 525's.
2. The speed Gino's Benz boat ran with an open cockpit.

For the comment about Marine Concepts being a new business, it isn't. Randy and his business has been around for awhile. He definitely isn't new to performance boats either. He's owned and sold a LOT of badass boats.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:05 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Buh Bye Lizard.......

Last edited by 05 Fountain; 10-31-2013 at 05:09 PM.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:08 PM
Bling Bling
Platinum Member

I think the boat went the number stated, but designer jeans, nice white shirt, and the gold bracelet makes me feel the throttle man's going to dinner or a club and not throttling the boat. Just saying.
Old 10-31-2013, 06:24 PM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by blingbling
I think the boat went the number stated, but designer jeans, nice white shirt, and the gold bracelet makes me feel the throttle man's going to dinner or a club and not throttling the boat. Just saying.
Dave Scott I think.

I'd like to see a dyno graph on the power if it's like CRC then factory power means 1450+ hp per side and good enough on the 4% Great work Reggie.

Last edited by WeaponX; 10-31-2013 at 06:27 PM.
Old 11-01-2013, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
Well then 4% slip is realistic... I know the Fountain boys are good. The HP really doesn't matter. If they really spun 40s with 1.24 gears @6800 then 4% is 199 and that is realistic for sure. And yes very impressive! Plus I know the Canopy ads about 10 mph over open cockpit with less drag of course. But ya it's all about set up! I agree they don't need to build boats, guys would love to go faster on less power any day of the week!!
10mph for a canopy, never knew how big a difference one would make. Learned something new today!
Old 11-01-2013, 10:15 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Yeaaaaaa! It's winter.........