Qatar Mystic Sticking With Turbines In 2014 >

Qatar Mystic Sticking With Turbines In 2014

Notices

Qatar Mystic Sticking With Turbines In 2014

Old 11-26-2013, 03:37 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Well, here's something unique, at least to my way of thinking. Here's a guy that owns without question the foremost Turbine Offshore Powerboat rigging company on the planet. Not only does he own the company, he actually works on the boats, drives them on the race course, and is incredibly honest as to what transpires (good or bad). Then, comes on OSO and mixes it up with guys that are not even qualified to sweep the floor in his shop. Bravo John Arudda!
I agree, The guy's here are a lot more approachable, and offer advise and such more than other pro sports!

:CH1P:
Old 11-26-2013, 05:29 PM
Registered

Thank you for that one.
There's a lot of truth to what you said there. I might come across as an ******* but I'm telling the truth.
Thank you finally someone gets my point.
Things are not always what they seem.

And yes the mixing up part was just for little bit of fun.
The reason why I got on Qatar's ass, was that he did very poorly, and then announced to the world how great they were in Key West.
We all make mistakes. But admit it and don't go around and cut down other people's efforts.

And by the way I still sweep the floors in my shop on a daily basis.

Originally Posted by Comanche3Six
Well, here's something unique, at least to my way of thinking. Here's a guy that owns without question the foremost Turbine Offshore Powerboat rigging company on the planet. Not only does he own the company, he actually works on the boats, drives them on the race course, and is incredibly honest as to what transpires (good or bad). Then, comes on OSO and mixes it up with guys that are not even qualified to sweep the floor in his shop. Bravo John Arudda!

Last edited by J Arruda; 11-26-2013 at 05:31 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:41 PM
Registered

Dean Dean Dean,

What makes you so sure I can talk about everything that's going on in my shop to you ?

Do you think I want To discuss my defense contracts with you ?
Or any other nonpublic project I have going on ?
Just curious ?
But I can tell you that I have two new 52 Mti's, Approaching, two new 50 for Nor-Tech's and a carbon fiber tender for the world's largest sailboat 220 feet, currently in my shop that we are working on that is public.
And talking to Doug Wright about building a new 55 foot race catamaran for myself To go kick Hassan's ass.

And any other projects you may want to know about you have to go get yourself a security clearance first. Deal.

Why don't you tell me what you're working on Dean ?

And for the record yes. I think the Shieke is a liar If it makes him self look better in any way possible.

So did I answer your questions. Dean ? Please feel free to reply.

Originally Posted by Dean Ferry
JA,
So you are basically calling the Shiek a liar? John to planet earth.... Come in ?
Once again, please post some pics of the boat you guys are rigging now?
Dean

Last edited by J Arruda; 11-26-2013 at 05:58 PM.
Old 11-26-2013, 05:42 PM
Registered

What happened in race 3 to Mary Mac, with the DNF? I heard the fire suppression system mistakenly deployed or something like that. It was disappointing to see so many boats DNF on the last day (Qatar, CMS, Marine Concepts, STIHL, Mary Mac, etc)

BTW I captured some good video footage on Day 2.

I think it's a bit unfair to call Qatar's drive shaft failure on Day 1 and steering shaft failure on Day 2 as rigging related problems. The cause of the fire on day 3 is still TBD...

The boat ran flawless in NYC and Sarasota.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:07 PM
Registered

Yes I hate to admit the fire bottle went off due to a less-than-perfect fire suppression system.
The glass tip of the release mechanism busted. It did it last year as well if you don't remember, In the same spot unbelievably enough.
Unfortunately team rebel is on a tight budget and we couldn't go for the $20,000 special Fire suppression system that Geico has In their boat. It's an awesome system made up of rocket propellant that burns off the oxygen in the engine room. It also has stages in time delays.
Again it's a great system but very expensive. I will certainly utilize the system in all future builds, As a standard yacht bottle system just does not hold up in racing application the way we run.

If anyone wants more information on the new system that Geico is using please contact us or Geico we can Forward it to you.

Originally Posted by Donzi ZX
What happened in race 3 to Mary Mac, with the DNF? I heard the fire suppression system mistakenly deployed or something like that. It was disappointing to see so many boats DNF on the last day (Qatar, CMS, Marine Concepts, STIHL, Mary Mac, etc)

BTW I captured some good video footage on Day 2.

I think it's a bit unfair to call Qatar's drive shaft failure on Day 1 and steering shaft failure on Day 2 as rigging related problems. The cause of the fire on day 3 is still TBD...

The boat ran flawless in NYC and Sarasota.
Old 11-26-2013, 06:24 PM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 393 Likes on 141 Posts

Originally Posted by J Arruda
Dean Dean Dean,

What makes you so sure I can talk about everything that's going on in my shop to you ?

Do you think I want To discuss my defense contracts with you ?
Or any other nonpublic project I have going on ?
Just curious ?
But I can tell you that I have two new 52 Mti's, Approaching, two new 50 for Nor-Tech's and a carbon fiber tender for the world's largest sailboat 220 feet, currently in my shop that we are working on that is public.
And talking to Doug Wright about building a new 55 foot race catamaran for myself To go kick Hassan's ass.

And any other projects you may want to know about you have to go get yourself a security clearance first. Deal.

Why don't you tell me what you're working on Dean ?

And for the record yes. I think the Shieke is a liar If it makes him self look better in any way possible.

So did I answer your questions. Dean ? Please feel free to reply.
John, John, John,

Got the TS security clearance, I have had 1 longer than you have probobly been the states. And as to what I work on, I can't dicuss here or anywhere else...... as you SHOULD know, if you truely do have a DOD security clearance? In fact I'm done talking about that.

No, you didn't answer the Q, where's the pics? of all these cool BOAT projects you are working on... Come on just a couple of pics.. it's not that hard is it?
Dean
Old 11-26-2013, 07:01 PM
Registered

J Arruda! I like these posts coming from you all of a sudden! You go boy!!
Old 11-26-2013, 07:36 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

This is entertaining. Lmao!!!
Old 11-26-2013, 07:37 PM
Registered

Received 151 Likes on 65 Posts

J Arruda- What boat do you race? The Mary Mac MTI?
Old 11-26-2013, 08:08 PM
Registered

That is the one ? I almost hate to ask why you ask ?
Am I in trouble again lol.

Originally Posted by precisiondetails
J Arruda- What boat do you race? The Mary Mac MTI?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.