Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The story behind your screen name >

The story behind your screen name

Notices

The story behind your screen name

Old 12-03-2013, 09:33 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Years ago I had an off the chain pro street car a full tube frame car with a blower motor and no short cuts taken all high dollar . , when I would race it I had all these guys wanting to race there bottle feed junk boxes for money or title . , , I got tired of their BS and there bickering like on the original Pinks , and often spoke about how much better the class of the situation is racing boats . When I showed to race the car , they would say there is that race boat guy , then race boat rus , then the name sort of stuck . RaceBoat Rus came from racing cars
Old 12-03-2013, 09:40 AM
Registered

my first offshore boat was a carrera[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-03-2013, 09:45 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Mine is a combination of my daughters names, Kathryn and Anna.
Its also a sword and my boat cuts through the water pretty nice.
My wife looked it up and told me the urban dictionary states "its a cool way to say I want to **** you" thats all I needed to hear!
Old 12-03-2013, 10:02 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 9 Posts

Mines Kinda Simple but has a cool story...... It started between my dad and grandfather who's footsteps I gladly follow and with honor. We have never bad mouthed anybody as if we were made that way. Step on us once shame on us do it twice you never receive another ounce of help from us! Words from my Pop! Pop worked for GM for many years..maybe 30? All of us born and raised on the water had 7 boats at the time and not one of us had a boaters license! (At the time) I'm 29 now. Through the years Dads knowledge of building engine spreads throughout the area and kinda took off from there. We wanted to get into it full time with my knowledge of new tech and his old schools ways we could really have something. He said Chesapeake Performance Boating Center and I said KrausMotorSports which I got from my dad's brothers as we would joke around with the idea. But we have built many big Horsepower engines, n/a , blower engines, hot rods etc... And impressed some engine dyno owners with our unique combos and tuning skills! Even done some work for Mercruiser as a consultant in a event where the buyer of a EFI single screw blower cat. ( I was too young to remember vendor) was not happy with guaranteed top speed, we offered our services and gave them what they expected( this is where I lost my dads jacket that BIGGUS helped me out with) thank you again sir!. But it Really felt great. I give it up to my dad and pop for teaching me the proper old school way where a handshake was a guarantee and honost. And how to spend lots of money which I'm sure the wife is appreciate of! ;-) but she has her own hotrods! Maybe one day I could build shop where we could "tinker" again as life has changed in so many ways. Sorry it was a bit long but I'm very proud of my SN. I use it on every chance possible. Thanks (btw this thread is a WIN)
Dave Kraus III

Last edited by KRAUSMOTORSPORTS; 12-03-2013 at 10:06 AM.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:03 AM
Registered

In my past life I flew for TWA (Trans World Airlines) and on the flight paperwork our flight numbers always began with TW, flight 720 was STL to LHR (London Heathrow) and lastly the HVY is for heavy because the airplane we flew over there was a 767-300 which weighted over 300,000Lbs. The "heavy" is part of our radio call sign to alert controllers and other pilots that there are additional requirements for in trail spacing for take-offs and landings.

So TW720HVY is what it looked like on our paper work.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:24 AM
Registered

Used to own a Honda S2000
Old 12-03-2013, 10:50 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

When I starting looking at forums, that's what I was driving. Of course, Tbird was taken so I had to add something to the backend of it. Pride in my country was the obvious answer.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:51 AM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts

Mine may be obvious, but I used to be a very "in to it" Harley rider. Now, I'm an "I'm over it" Harley owner. It costs really nothing to keep it in the garage, just in case we want to go for a ride. But if it's nice enough to ride, it's nice enough to boat. ...so it sits alot.

I've had the screen name for years, and it's much easier for me to remember. I'm probably the only easyrider1340 in the world! ha!

Easy Rider: great biker movie
1340: 1340 cc Harley motor (80 ci)

....has nothing to do with boating.
Old 12-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

pretty common knowledge here . . . . the origins of my name go way back to the early 90's. I have done fiberglass work since highschool in the 80's. I worked at a cousins Club Car golf cart dealership and painted thousands of fleet and private carts and most were FG. After high school i bought a building and did mostly Corvettes (resto and customs) along with many other 50's and earlier type cars and streetrods. I always seemed to drift back to doing lots of glasswork though weather it be Vettes, customs, motorhomes, boats or ???. Having been on the water most of my life eventually my boats got bigger and so did my glass biz and eventually i shifted into nearly all marine glass work. The name came in the early 90's from a friend of mine that i boated with, he had two friends named Dave one that was an electrician and one that did glass work (me lol). and he always referred to me as glassdave and the other as electriciandave to his wife hence the name heck for all i know there is a website somewhere called electronicsonly.com and they have a member named electriciandave lol . . . .
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )
Old 12-03-2013, 11:09 AM
Registered

I have a Chris Craft Scorpion 230.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.