Florida to St. Louis and back in 48 hrs

Notices

Florida to St. Louis and back in 48 hrs

Old 12-13-2013, 09:33 AM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Florida to St. Louis and back in 48 hrs

What the crap was I thinking, I had some business to take care in St. Louis, so WTF, thought I would fly up for a few days and take care of it and see my Grandkids at the same time, wrong, focking freezin'.

When I got on the plane at 11:00am Tuesday morning in at Ft. Myers it was 82 degs, when I landed in St. Louis it was 22 degs, didn't take me long to remembered why we moved the fock out of the midwest.

So in the 48 hours I was in St. Louis I took care of the business I had, went to the dentist and went and played with the kids for two hours Tuesday, what made the trip worth while was seeing the kids, but the weather was samo samo midwest weather, friggin' freezin' cold and overcast, good ol' St. Gloomis.

When I landed back in Ft. Myers yesterday it was beautiful and 80 degs again, thank god for Florida.

I still love my home town, just can't live there anymore, looks like I got out of town just in time, snow and some more bad weather is coming in the weekend and I'll be out in the Gulf in the boat.
Old 12-13-2013, 10:15 AM
Registered

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Isn't it nice to fly back and shake the cold off??!! We go to Colorado or Wyoming to ski in the winter and it's ok for a few days...but I always smile when we are making that final approach to Palm Beach International Airport..and the pilot says " We are making our final approach to PBIA where the ground temperature is 82* .LOL

[IMG][/IMG]
Old 12-13-2013, 01:59 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

It is a beautiful site to fly over Florida and know that in a few minutes you'll be back home to warm weather.
Old 12-13-2013, 06:07 PM
Performance Boat Center
VIP Member

Received 20 Likes on 6 Posts

I did it in one day once… I won't do that again… Out of bed at 4 am. On the plane out of Ft. Lauderdale at 6 am. In st. Louis at 9:30. At factory, then out to LOTO, back to factory, and back at the airport at 6 pm, back in Ft. Lauderdale at 11 pm. Can I mark that down as overtime?
954-809-8739
Wright Performance, MTI, Cigarette, Sunsation
Old 12-13-2013, 06:11 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by sprink58
Isn't it nice to fly back and shake the cold off??!! We go to Colorado or Wyoming to ski in the winter and it's ok for a few days...but I always smile when we are making that final approach to Palm Beach International Airport..and the pilot says " We are making our final approach to PBIA where the ground temperature is 82* .LOL

[IMG][/IMG]
You're killin' me Smalls.........
Old 12-13-2013, 06:17 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

i ask myself daily why i still live in illinois!
Old 12-14-2013, 08:56 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

My contract was up and we moved back to Kansas. We really miss our house in Grant........