40 Skater with 800 or so HP >

40 Skater with 800 or so HP

Notices

40 Skater with 800 or so HP

Old 01-01-2014, 03:39 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Tim G.
Or, send me your Recovery boat, and the $ you would have spent on this project and we'll look at building you a fresh '14 38 or 40 MTI w 700 or 1100s.. All new, all fresh… ...
You posted what I was thinking. That project will end up being a money pit and a lot of headaches. Most of the components he is looking to buy are other peoples used engines and drives that will come with their own set of problems. I would do what you have suggested or buy some brand new engines for his current skater. Teague builds some quality motors that will go 300 hours in between rebuilds, turn key and very reliable. Then sell the current power in the classifieds.

No offense to Orthodox but I think you would be taking on a project that will be a lot more time and money than you are anticipating.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:45 PM
Registered

Received 87 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by johnnyboatman
now about that 44 for under 100.000 more details please?
maybe he will pm you with his next new screen name,he has about 200 of them.under 100k might be worth a look if thats the kind of boat you want.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:47 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by noli

OrthoB,

since you already have a 40 Skater, hows about a smaller more personal cat, like a 32 Skater. I'm sure there are lots around to be refurbished:

Photo Credit: Freeze Frame Video www.freezeframevideo.net

I looked into this with the 30 Skater canopy race boat. I thought it would be fun to race…..until I saw what was really involved. I can't be on the road that much and I want a boat that will handle winter Miami boating.

Someone is going to buy that 40 Skater but I have a feeling it won't be anyone on OSO. The price is going to have to come waaaaayyy down.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:50 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Orthobam
I looked into this with the 30 Skater canopy race boat. I thought it would be fun to race…..until I saw what was really involved. I can't be on the road that much and I want a boat that will handle winter Miami boating.

Someone is going to buy that 40 Skater but I have a feeling it won't be anyone on OSO. The price is going to have to come waaaaayyy down.
ORTHOBAM,have you looked at darr,s boat?
Old 01-01-2014, 03:51 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Enough 4 Play
You posted what I was thinking. That project will end up being a money pit and a lot of headaches. Most of the components he is looking to buy are other peoples used engines and drives that will come with their own set of problems. I would do what you have suggested or buy some brand new engines for his current skater. Teague builds some quality motors that will go 300 hours in between rebuilds, turn key and very reliable. Then sell the current power in the classifieds.

No offense to Orthodox but I think you would be taking on a project that will be a lot more time and money than you are anticipating.
I've been through this exercise as well. I found a matching fresh pair of Sterlings for $70,000. That would give me enough spare parts to never miss more than a week of boating for ever. That is the smart thing to do but then it doesn't solve the main problem……we still only have one boat.
Old 01-01-2014, 03:53 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
ORTHOBAM,have you looked at darr,s boat?

I saw it run this summer. Looked ok from far and sounded great.

Not interested though.
Old 01-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Driver-441
Racer

Received 1,073 Likes on 283 Posts

Originally Posted by orthobam
what's the fun in that?

How about the experience of putting together a 40 skater?

If you die with money you are still dead and your kids will just waste it anyway.

Let's build a boat !!

What kind of winter would it be if i posted

"i was thinking about putting together a bad a$$ 40 skater but i pu$$ed out and bought a vee"

b o r i n g
atta boy!
Old 01-01-2014, 04:57 PM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

The first pleasure 40 classic built with 900 mercs with wet sump sixes went 140. It was a 1998 called Gotcha
Old 01-01-2014, 05:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Orthobam
I saw it run this summer. Looked ok from far and sounded great.

Not interested though.
is it all white with no graphix?
Old 01-01-2014, 06:16 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by mike tkach
is it all white with no graphix?
more like primer grey.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.