Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Chicago Air and Water show >

Chicago Air and Water show

Notices

Chicago Air and Water show

Old 08-12-2002, 07:03 PM
42 SS

Stevel,

We are planning on leaving at 10:00. That should allow us enough time to get down there and find a spot. The air show starts at noon.

Steve

Old 08-12-2002, 08:36 PM
Intolerant1

ll be there as well. Not sure what day/days yet.

Old 08-12-2002, 09:41 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'll be coming out of Hammond. I plan to be there Friday, Saturday & Sunday. Hope to see you guys out there.
Dan
Old 08-12-2002, 10:00 PM
Charter Member #927
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Right now it's looking like we will be there on Saturday. I'll look for you guys.
Old 08-13-2002, 11:06 AM
Were doomed!
Charter Member

Received 939 Likes on 471 Posts
Cool

SidebySide and a blue/gold 47' Fountain will be down for Sat.
I think he's leaving Racine about 10ish
The best spot from past years in my oppinion has been right outside Diversey harbor entrance. Thats the flight path for all the planes to come overhead. And the beginning of the boundry that is sectioned off for boats to stay out of. If it gets rough out there i say we all raft up over in the Playpen. Should be plenty calm in there.

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy horsepower. And I've never seen a sad person hauling a$$!
Old 08-13-2002, 11:06 PM
Registered

Wally,
They don't let you in the Playpen for the Air show. I have always liked to anchor off the peninsula at North Ave. beach. It seems like that is a turning point for some of the jets when they come out over the boats. The B1 turns hard to the East at that point and pulls up. You can look right into those four big engines. That’s almost better than the Blue Angels. Is anyone doing the fireworks on Saturday? I goofed up this year and didn't get a slip for the weekend. I plan to launch each day unless they have a last minute cancellation.

Consintracy,
Friday is the best day to watch the show from the water. There is probably a tenth of the boats out there, as are out on the weekend. The lake is pretty calm for the fireworks as long as the winds are right. You guys are welcome to hitch a ride with me if you'd like. I have two of my buddies going out with me that night.

Dan
Old 08-14-2002, 12:17 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

It doesn't look good for our trailer being repaired by Friday since the parts won't arrive until that day
Maybe I'll drive over to Muskegon and grab my old 242LS and bring it back to IL? Not much left of the boating season!
Old 08-14-2002, 12:34 AM
Registered

Jafo,
That sucks! They should overnight the parts to you. What kinds of parts are needed? I know there is a trailer shop in Crestwood that stocks a lot of parts. If you need me to check for availability give my cell a call.
Dan
Old 08-15-2002, 12:10 AM
Registered

Anyone else going?

Jafo,
Whats the word on your trailer?
Dan
Old 08-15-2002, 12:29 AM
Platinum Member
Charter Member

Dan-
My hands are kinda tied on the trailer issue with it being a warranty deal (it's brand new). They (South Florida Trailers) have been OK to deal with- there seems to have been a mis-understanding about how fast I needed this fixed! , and the shipping was not done on an overnight basis. When I found out they had already been shipped out of MI, (Monday) it was too late. I gladly would have payed the difference.
I'm hoping for a miracle that they will arrive Thursday- the boat/trailer is at a GMC dealership outside of Antioch, and they have assured me they can zip the new parts on in a hurry if they have them in hand.
If so, I'll give you a shout on your cell!
BTW, thanks for the offer on helping locate parts!
Jim

Quick Reply: Chicago Air and Water show

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.