Notices

Bimini Excursion

Old 02-02-2014, 09:23 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My 292 hatches face forward so when anchored from bow wind is tunneled right into the cabin. Only flaw is the hatches are over the lounge area not the vberth. However gonna make a filler cushion for that area and probably sleep there. Portable Or installed AC unit don't have to worry bout wind direction.

I have a factory Bimini with full enclosure. So I can escape sun if needed. I can count on 2 hands the times I've used the Bimini. Never used the full enclosure.
Old 02-03-2014, 04:29 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wish I had a bimini. I would not use it most of the time.. BUT there are days, I wish I Could have the shade when needed.

I to dont have a hatch over the V birth. I did find a awesome solution that i used on my 252, and use on my 342 as well.

West marine carry's it, but its rarely in stock. This fan is Suction cup mounted, 2 speed (Hi-Low), and SUPER low amp draw. I can run it all night 12 hours and it never touches the battery I have set to house. I suction it to eh inside of the hatch, and then open hatch, its like a celling fan drawing that nice cool air, and pushing it back to the V berth. worked awesome on my 252.

Now I use it when on the hook on my 342 as well, OR I have a AC fan that I run when the AC is on to move the cooler air into the Vbirth area. (really want to tap one of the ac cool air ducts and runin the berth, but have not figured away to do this with out looking wierd.)

http://www.wholesalemarine.com/ultim...FQjjwgodAngAuA
Old 04-18-2014, 01:06 PM
Registered

Received 38 Likes on 26 Posts

Bimini Bound on May 30th. Anyone else going?