Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
The Jacksonville poker run ....? >

The Jacksonville poker run ....?

Notices

The Jacksonville poker run ....?

Old 01-23-2014, 07:53 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So when is the NEW Jacksonville Poker Run?
What are the costs?
Can all types of boats be involved-everyone that enjoys boating-
Old 01-26-2014, 11:53 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

There is a boating event that is well suited to all boaters . I feel that there are a lot of events that strive to cater to the NeimanMarcos crowd . These event are the ones that I stand on the side line and admire , I wish that I could play in that leuge . As I related here they are the NeimanMarcos of poker runs , with great food great locations and great lodging . For as much as I would like to be able to be in that NeimanMarcos class of event , I am happy to be the Dollar General of boating events .
I would like to be able to charge some of those prices , but I just can not bring myself to do it . , Heck as long as you bring a toy you are welcome and run for free . At my Toys for Tots Tour I would like you to register , this was 37.oo ,for that you got 2 event shirts a travel bag ,and I paid for the 2 live band parties there was other stuff .Even I say that the price is dirt cheap, and I would thank that people would line up from all over to come to such an event , but my numbers are not what I would hope for . I think that per chance that the low price keeps some people away , since I do not charge a lot it can not be worth much . I guess that It is a proceived value situation . Those higher priced event might have to keep their prices high to keep up the exclusive image . And to avoid my situation of the low price equalling low proceived value.

From what I see a lot of these poker runs seem to be chasing the same ever diminishing deeppocket group. It was great back in the day when everyone was raking in the cash , but things have changed . Are there less and less of those guys with deep pokets . . To me it would sort of make sence to persue the Wamart crowd than to chase the deminishing Neiman Marcos crowd .
For as much as I try to act like I do not care about the deep pocket group , secretly I do . I often wish they would come out just once to the Boating Toys for Tots tour , and then they would see that it is a great event , maybe a little to hometown for some , but I wish they would just give it a look see .